Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Where do the Babies come from? ❯ Little Yugi has a question ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Where do the Babies come from

Author: Ashray

Pairing: light hints of Yami x Hikari, but they aren't together so far (At last, that is how I see it, but feel free to think otherwise. Can't stop you anyway… ^___^ )

Disclaimer: Yugioh is mine! And the Ferris wheel, too! And the Great Wall of China, the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty, the seven seas and the moon are mine, too!"
All mine!
Mine, mine, mine, MINE!
*get put in a straight jacket and thrown in a padded room*
*Doctor comes in and reads a note:*
"I'm very sorry, of course she doesn't own anything!
But it seems that after reading too many fan fiction, there snapped something in her brain and made her say that. We will repair the clinch as soon as possible, please enjoy this… whatever can come from her, while we work on this…
*Doctor walk away, scrams and struggling is in the background*
"I don’t need a shot, shots are evil, don’t come near me with that thing, SOMEONE SAVE ME!!!!!"

Summary
: Yugi has a very important question and goes searching for an answer. And who should he better ask then his dear friends?
Only problem is, every one has another answer for our innocent little Hikari, so what should he believe now?

Oh, and this is NOT a younger version of Yugi, he is our normal teen-Yugi! The Yamis are not together with their Hikaris (yet! ^___^), but already have their eyes on them.

There will be several, but short chapters. Without Beta! (I better should put that under Warning, ne?)

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~~°~° ~°~°~°~°~°~°~~°~°~°~°~°~°~& deg;~°~

1. Little Yugi has a question

"Yami?"
Yami turned around as a very familiar, sweet and gentle voice called for him.
Wide, amethyst eyes blinked innocently up at his ruby-red ones, as Yugi watched him with his head tilted cutely to the side, like a cute little kitten.
The shorter one wore a baby blue shirt with a smiling Kuribo on the front, and dark, tight Jeans. He bounced, like always, happily around the house in his white socks and smiled cheerfully for no apparent reason.
In this particular moment however he stood a little nervous in the living room and waved his dark over to follow him.
Not that it needed much for Yami to do so, since he always enjoyed being near his younger Hikari.

"Yes?"
Yugi looked up to him with serious eyes and sat down on the couch. He patted the spot beside him, and Yami sat also down, a little worried about his behavior, before the boy spoke up:
"I have a very important question I want to ask you, Yami."

Yami sat up more straight, ready to hear (and possible eliminate) everything that dared to worry or scare his little one.
Yugi looked for a moment longer up at his Yami with those big, expressive eyes of his, which Yami loved so much. For a moment Yami couldn’t think anything, he nearly got lost in those amethyst depths, just like so many times before. He wondered just briefly in the back of his mind what Yugi would possible ask him.
Yamis hearth starts to beat a little faster then before as Yugi shifted a littler nearer with a cute blush on his soft, round cheeks.
A small, delicate hand came to rest on his shoulder, and again Yugi laid his head to the side like a curious little cat and blinked up at him.

"Ähmmm… Yami… well…" he mumbled hesitantly, and Yami squeezed the warm hand reassuringly:"Come on, you know I will never laugh at you or get angry, no matter what you may ask. So don’t worry, go ahead and ask me everything you want!" and he smiles reassuringly down at his little Light.
"Okay, so my question is: Where do the babies come from?"

"What? I mean… what?!" Yami asked unbelievingly, and his eyes grew even wider than Yugis.
Had he heard right? There must be a mistake, a misunderstanding of some sort, or something alike. Surely Yugi hadn't asked him that, right?
Right?

"Where do the babies come from?" Yugi asked again, with those innocent, curios eyes clued at him, watching every move.
Yami nearly could see pointed cat-ears sticking out of his silky, black hair, and a black tail swishing back and fro. "Do you know where they come from, Yami?"
But said Yami was too stunned to say anything at the moment.

Why was Yugi asking him this, and why now? Shouldn’t he already know that long since? His Grandpa should have told him that a long time ago, it was his job, after all!
And Yugi isn’t a little boy anymore, he is nearly an adult! Others at his age already are parents, instead of asking about it!
And with that Grandpa, someone would think he would know that! And Joey is also not exactly subtly with his comments either, and the same goes for Bakura and Marik as well!
Even when Yami always did his very best to keep their bad influence away from Yugi, so they can't taint his poor, innocent light.

But then again maybe he just never really understood what they where talking about, or he never gave it much thought.
After all, this is Yugi who is asking him there.
Friendly, trusting, caring, kind, sweet innocent little Yugi…

…who was still waiting for his answer, his shiny eyes still watching the former pharaoh hopefully.
Then he laid his chin on Yamis shoulder and tugged gently on a blond strand to get his attention back from wherever it drifted off:

"Yami? Yami! Hello, someone in there? You know, you can tell me if you don’t know it! It is okay, I will just have to ask someone else then."
For a moment Yami was more then tempted to say Yes, just to avoid this weird talk.

But then he saw his innocent little Light asking one of the other Yamis the same question, and what horrible stories that psychos probably might tell him.
'They would scare my little one for the rest of his live! I can't let that happen; there must be a better way out of this mess! He is too young, too innocent for that, but they wouldn’t think about that! They would just tell him horror-stories and give him wrong information and who know what else.
And my poor light would probably believe every single lie they tell him! He doesn't know a thing about those things, after all, so how could he tell the difference?!
And then he will have the worst nightmares for who knows how long, no way in hell I allow that to happen! I have to protect him from such a horrid fate!'

Yami turned a little red as he felt Yugis warm breath wash over his neck, and he had a hard time to concentrate on the question at hand.
And not at how good Yugis hair under his nose smelled, as Yugi still had his head on his shoulder.
Or how nice it was to have the smaller light sit so near by him. All it would take was a quick, fast tug, and he would have him sitting on his lap.
Yami tried not to think about how cute Yugi looked with those shimmering amethyst eyes, and his soft, pale skin like silk…

"Ähmmm… its alright, don’t worry, you just surprised me for a moment, that’s all. So, your question was…?"
"Where do the babies come from?" Yugi remind him helpfully and snuggled into his Dark like as kid waiting for a bedtime story.
Yami was debating with himself if or if not he should tell his Hikari the truth.
But one look at his innocent, cherubic face, and he opted for the story.

Grandpa could always tell him the truth later on, when Yugi was old enough to handle that, he simply couldn’t do it now… He couldn’t destroy the boy's innocence; taint him with the true of this cold and harsh world.
(How easy it is for Yami to forget Yugis real age…)
"You know, Yugi, that is… There are… So there are the bees, and then there are the flowers and they…"
And so the might pharaoh told his little Hikari the story about the flowers and the bees, while he thought that he would better wait a while before he could tell him anything else.
It seems that Yugi isn't ready for such things…

Yugi hugged him with a sweet smile as he finished his fantastic story and skipped happily away to go hunt for some chocolate.
Yami just starred after his innocent little Hikari, wondering what this was all about.
What brought such a question up in the first place?!
'I can't help but wonder if the other two Hikaris are also that innocent…'

TBC:

Okay, I know I should ratter work on 'School-Theater' or even 'Yami meets', but somehow I stuck with the first and always change in the second story!
Both of the chapters just refuse to work the way I want them!
So I started something new…
Even if I shouldn’t, but that damn plot bunny refused to just go away and die on its own…