Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Where do the Babies come from? ❯ Doggies trouble ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
2. Doggies trouble

The next day, Yugi made his way over to Joey, so they could do their homework together.
Or more exactly, Yugi would bring the finished Homework with him and Joey would just quickly copy it down, like so many times before.
Then they could use the rest of the evening to play 'Crashed'.
(That’s a PS2-game, witch I don’t own, I just love to play it!)
Just as you should do when technically you are supposed to study for school…
Because then it is much more fun to play. (^____^)

While Joey was 'doing his homework', Yugi sat beside him and was waiting impatiently for him to finish. It wasn’t easy for the bundle of energy to sit still and wait instead of happily bouncing around.
Because the short Hikari had an important Question, but sadly that had to wait for later.
Joey would use even the smallest excuse when it meant he doesn’t have to do his homework.
And he should to last finish coping it, when he's already too lazy to do it on his own, before they did anything else.
And so Yugi busied himself with the Chips and Cola he found in the kitchen, since Joey didn't have his hands on them so far to chomp them down in a matter of seconds.

After a while in silence, only broken by Joeys muttering and cursing about unfair homework and evil teachers, the Blond tossed his book violently in the corner and took a deep breath:"Fuck this, I have enough! I will just pour coffee over the rest, and say that I wrote it, and it is just unreadable now! After a little incident in the morning, you know."

Yugi looked up at him with shining eyes:
"Ähm, Joey? I have a question. I would like to ask you something."
And there they are again, again those fateful words, again an unsuspecting victim, again someone who perhaps get sent to the shadow realm by Yami for tainting his Hikari…
"And what do you want to know?" Joey asked while he grabbed for the chips.

Poor puppy never saw it come…

"Where do the Babies come from?"
"What?" in his shook Joey swallowed the Chips he was just stuffing in his mouth. And as he tried to wash them down with cola, the liquid suddenly came out of his nose.
After a few moments of coughing and spiting, they made sure that Joey stayed alive.
At last until he could answer the question, because after that…
"Oh boy, what did you say? Because for a moment I was sure you said…"
"Where do the Babies come from?"

Immediately Joey started to chough again, with only one thought running thru his head:
'Why me, why me, why me…'
For a long moment he starred down at Yugi with big, surprised eyes.

But the image changed in his mind, and there was no longer Yugi standing before him, but Yami.
Yami, with his ruby-red eyes burning in rage and anger.
Yami with a golden eye on his forehead and his jacket waving in a sudden breeze.
Yami with his puzzle in one hand, several cards in the other and a lot of deathly weapons lying to his feet...
Joey could nearly hear Yamis deep voice, dangerous calm and low, asking him how he could taint his innocent little Hikari with such stuff. How he could do this to such a sweet and pure boy…

'Even death and the hell are better then an angry Yami…' Joey thought worried.

But then he looked down at the smaller boy.
Who stood there before him with his big, curios eyes and an angel's face. Yugi put on his best puppy-dog look, making it even harder for Joey to decide what to say…

"Oh Yugi, you don’t have a clue in what kind of trouble this can get me, have you?" Joey murmured more to himself then to Yugi, who just laid his head to the side and smiled sweetly.
And sadly, he didn’t look like he would just forget his question.
'Shit!'
Or as if he would laugh and tell him that it was nothing but a joke.
'Double shit!'

"Ähmm, Yugi, why do you even ask me, above all peoples? Shouldn’t you better ask your Grandpa about it?"
"But he isn't there! Joey...:" Pleaded Yugi, and Joey cautious took a step back, not that it did him any good to get away from the large puppy dog eyes.
"And what about Yami?" Maybe there was still hope for Joey? He nodded quickly at his own idea:
"Yeah, right, you should better ask Yami! You always can talk with him about anything, you should stick by that! Definitively, you shouldn’t make an exception in this case, or Yami would be sad! And we don’t want to make Yami sad."
'It would be better for me if he ask him; I'm too young to die!'

"But Joey, I'm asking you! Or don’t you know it?" Yugi blinked up at him with eyes full of curiosity and a cute pout on his face.
Joey began to swat under his collar and felt somehow trapped with the harmless teen in the room.
"Well, you know, Yugi…"

Suddenly the phone rang.
"Yes! Saved by the gong… Ähm, I mean, I better should answer the phone, it could be something important! Maybe someone else is about to die…"
And with that, the blonde all but fled from the room and left a confused Yugi standing in the empty room.

As Joey came back a little later, he was nervous because he felt somehow bad for lying to Yugi, but it was really for the best!
"Yugi, I'm very sorry, but I have to go, it was… Well, whatever, you better go to Yami with your question, I'm sure he can explain everything…"
"But he said it is all the bees fault!"
"Well, I'm sure he is right about that!" Joey desperately clutched at that last straw.
"You should really believe him, I mean, Yami would never lie to you, right? After all, he only wants your best! So when he says that it is the bees fault, then it is their fault! Evil Bees!"

"But why are you so nervous, Joey? Are you all right? Was it wrong from me to ask?"
Again those innocent look, and Joey shoved him quickly out of the door, before anything could go wrong.
Like a certain blond puppy that could break down every moment and couldn’t lie any longer to his best friend.
Witch he would surely pay with his live if Yami ever found out!

"Well, if you ask me, you should just forget about it, Yugi. Or if you really can't, then go and pester Anzu…"
'I don’t care who you ask, just not me. Spare me, because I can't get away fast enough from Yami if I tell you something else then he has!'

"Okay, I will ask Anzu!"
And with that, the small Hikari hopped down the stairs to search for the brunette girl.
For a moment Joey wondered if he should call Anzu and warn her about Yugi.
But then he shook his head with a grin:
No.
He didn’t got a warning either.

TBC:

So Joey managed it to completely avoid the question. Sadly, others are not so lucky, and Anzu is the next on Yugis list.
Maybe I should warn you beforehand, because the next chapter will be the first (and most likely the last) with a normal Anzu.
No, I repeat NO Anzu-bashing! (Yes, I can't believe it either!)