Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You Can't Have It All ❯ You Can't Have It All ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Okay, I did not create any of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Characters, nor do I own them. I wish I did, though, because then I could say Kaiba's mine! But I can't. I also didn't create Survivor, but there's only a very small reference to that and I'm not sure whether I should disclaim that or not, but better safe than sorry!

This is from Joey's point of view. I'm not a Joey, or a boy, so this might not be entirely accurate, but it's the closest I could get.

I was originally going to call this 'Joey Dreams of Mai,' but I decided not to. What do you think?

So read, review, I don't care. Tell me if you like it! (If you don't I don't care. This isn't one of my better pieces of work.) On with the fic!!


You Can't Have It All
(Joey Dreams of Mai)

She came into the Duelist Kingdom with all of her psychic powers and scented cards. She saved our lives with all of that great food.

I dream of Mai

She looked so cute when I beat her and she was sad. She looked so cute when Panic was holding her hostage and she was nervous. She looks so cute when she smiles.

I dream of Mai

I love it when she calls me an amateur. I love it when she laughs. I love it when she talks.

I dream of Mai

I beat Rex Raptor for her. I beat the Paradox Brothers (not for a way out but) for her. I tried to beat Kaiba for her. I beat herself for her!

I dream of Mai

I sketch her. I write about her. (Okay, I'm not good at those, but I try.) I think of her. I want her.

I dream of Mai

You ask, "I thought you duel for your sister, Serenity." Well, I duel for her too. But the rest of my life is dedicated to Mai.

I dream of Mai

I told the only other girls I really know other than Mai about my obsession. Téa and Serenity just laughed and said, "We know how you feel, but you can't have it all, Joey."

I dream of Mai

I will have Mai. I can't live without her. She is my shining hope. She is the base for my dreams. When I close my eyes I see her.

I dream of Mai

I love her jacket. I love her boots. I love her backpack. I could swim in her eyes. I long to stroke her golden hair.

I dream of Mai

I could write her name a million times and still not be bored. She could write my name; I would love that.

I dream of Mai

I could more than live in a world where Mai is the center of the universe. I'd love it if we were the last two humans on earth. I would never ever vote her 'off the island.'

I dream of Mai

But I am constantly jolted back into the real world to hear Téa and Serenity saying, "You can't have it all." Because, hey, after all, a dream is just a dream.

I dream of Mai, but you can't have it all and a dream is just a dream.




Okay, I didn't really like the ending either, but I've written too many sappy, happy-ending stories, and I thought, why not make one sad? This one isn't that sad, but it's definitely not happy. Who knows, maybe I'll write another fic in which Mai dreams of Joey!