Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You Make Me Sick ❯ Emotion Rollercoasting ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3 "Emotion Rollercoasting."

Author notes: *does a little dance* 44 reviews! Thank you guys so very much! You don't know how much I appreciate it! Well, the people demanded a kiss, so a kiss the people shall get! ^___^ Please review!

* * *

Morning

I shifted, slightly groaning, then noticed something. My arms were around something, and something was holding onto me. Curious, I opened one of my eyes and immediately tensed. I thought it was my imagination, but it wasn't. My arms were around Yami, locking around his waist, and his arms were doing the same to me. Why the hell didn't I notice this during the night? Oddly it felt comfortable-shut up Bakura! It didn't feel comfortable! It couldn't have felt comfortable, it's Yami!

Yami mumbled something, and moved closer to me. I shuddered and wanted to move away, to get off the bed so he can have a mouthful of sheet, but I couldn't. Mentally, I cursed heatedly at why I couldn't. I wouldn't have debated this long about whether or not to do something that mean to Yami before, what's the deal now? One reason was that he had an iron grip around my waist and now his head was underneath my chin. What am I, your pillow, you spoilt brat?

Seeing as how I couldn't move my arms without waking him up, I shifted slowly and gently so that my arm wouldn't fall asleep. I growled softly since Yami was making it increasingly difficult to move since he was so close. He was starved for attention in his past life, wasn't he? I craned my neck to see over his hair and glanced at the clock. It was only 7:15 a.m. No telling when the Pharaoh was going to wake up, so I was stuck. Just freaking peachy. Someone up there must be giving me some major karma for what I did in my past life. Nothing ever goes my way, does it?

"Quit the internal monologue already," Yami muttered, and I froze, then cursed at myself since I should've known Yami would've tuned into my thoughts. "And you say I talked a lot? You do the same thing…" He paused to yawn, "in your mind."

I frowned. "Yami."

He yawned again before answering and moved closer. "Yes, Bakura?"

"Why the hell are you this close to me?" I demanded the harsh tone back in my voice. Yami tensed as well, and when he raised his head to answer me, his lips pressed against mine. I didn't know what to do, and for some reason, the hell if I know why, we came closer together (if that was even freaking possible) and the kiss intensified. It was electrifying, and I almost forgot whom it was I was kissing.

Eventually (and I mean eventually, hell knows how long it lasted) the kiss broke and we stared at each other. Then I almost stumbled out of the bed and ran into the bathroom, leaving Yami staring blankly after me. Inside my `sanctuary' I put my palms on the edges of the sink and stared into the porcelain bowl. "What in the name of all that is unholy was that? I didn't just kiss Yami." I gripped the edges of the sink as I stared up into the mirror. "I did not just enjoy that ki-No! I didn't! I couldn't have!"

My reflection seemed to mock me, showing me how utterly pathetic I was being. I turned on the tap, and let the cool water rush over my warm hands. Closing my eyes for a second I let my body shiver as the sudden cold hit the skin. Opening my eyes, I cupped my hands, letting the cold water form a little pool in my palms. Quickly I closed my eyes and splashed the water on my face. The sudden refreshing feeling that came over me was welcome. My refreshment didn't last long however, since I heard Yami's voice, talking to me. "Bakura, come out here…I need to talk to you."

"Well you're just going to have to wait, aren't you?" I yelled back, letting the water drip freely from my face. Quickly I grabbed a towel and wiped the rivulets off of my face. Glancing at myself one more time in the mirror, I opened the door and walked out. "What do you want, Yami?"

"I want to talk to you about what just happened," Yami replied almost frantically. I raised an eyebrow at the pitch of his voice. He sounded…almost worried. "Why did you do that?"

I stared in absolute shock at him. How in the living hell was this my fault? Finally getting my mouth to work, I said, "Why did I do that? If I remember correctly, Yami, you were the one that initiated that kiss! Why would I want to kiss YOU?"

Yami pursed his lips together. "All right, if I did initiate it, why did you respond?" Oh shit, he had me there. Why did I respond? I shouldn't have, I never would have but why did I do that now? I hate interrogation right when I wake up.

Determined not to have this fall on my shoulders when I wasn't even the one that started the entire thing, I didn't let my gaze waiver from Yami's. I made sure that my gaze gave the distinction that he would not intimidate me. "It caught me off guard," I admitted, carefully choosing my words. "I responded out of reflex."

His amethyst eyes looked confused, frantic and angry all at the same time. I suppose I looked a mixture between pissed off, confused and tired. "Reflex?" Yami echoed. "I thought your reflex was to push me as hard as you could off of the bed."

"So did I," I muttered. "But ever since I've been stuck with you I've been having second thoughts about things I normally wouldn't even think about!" I grabbed my clothes out from the dresser and walked to the bathroom. Closing the door, I stripped down and went into the shower, hoping it would take my mind off of all of this. As the hot water streamed down onto my skin from the showerhead, all thought of that infuriating Yami was washed from my mind…at least for the time being.

**Yami**

This couldn't be happening. This could not be happening. I thought, by now, my mind would be on how to escape, not on Bakura. But he would not leave my thoughts, not since that kiss. It seemed to happen so long ago, but it reality, it wasn't more than 30 minutes ago. I must have circled the living room area more than a hundred times, but there wasn't much else I could do.

That kiss wouldn't leave me be, either. I couldn't think of anything else since my mind went back to how it felt. I hadn't realised how close I was snuggling close to Bakura until he mentioned it. I wondered why I didn't notice. Wouldn't I notice that I was holding onto the one person that was able to effectively piss me off? Apparently not…Sighing, I closed my eyes and made myself remember what the kiss felt like. It was electrifying, something that I had never experienced, and it scared me.

It scared me to feel something like that from Bakura. It scared me that someone I hated so much, despised with every fibre of my being could get that kind of reaction from me. Quickly I changed into my clothes and paced around the living room a few more times. I needed something to cool me off. Walking quickly, I went to the bathroom door and opened it. Just as I was about to go to the sink, I realised that Bakura was standing there, with a towel wrapped around his waist.

For what seemed like forever, we stared at each other, neither wanting to say the first sentence or even word. I subconsciously let my eyes wander to Bakura's bare chest, which had rivulets of warm water running down it. His upper torso was very well developed with muscles and I bit my lip. What in the name of Ra are you thinking about, Yami?! Bakura had a look on his face that told me he was going to rip me limb from limb. "I…I had no idea th-that you were in the…the shower. I'll l-leave," I stammered.

Great, now he's making me stammer. I am never going to hear the end of this. Bakura merely kept his death-glare on me. "You're scared of what you feel, Yami?" he asked simply after a few moments.

I stared at him blankly, then tensed as I realised that he had heard my debating in my mind as I heard his in the morning. "What are you talking about, Bakura?" I demanded, my voice shaking and failing me.

The expression on his face didn't change. "I could hear you thinking out there Yami. Are you scared by what you felt this morning? Scared of what you felt from that kiss?" Unsure of what he meant by this statement, unsure of if he was messing with my head, I stood steadfast, as he walked towards me. "I told you this would be my highway, Yami."

"What are you planning, Bakura?" I asked, my voice shaking once more. Nothing had ever gotten me so un-nerved before.

Bakura had a smirk on his face that was quickly taking down whatever defences that I had left. "I got to thinking, Yami. There's only one thing that really gets to you. And that's your feelings. You showed it when Kaiba stepped all over you in that match atop the tower. You let your Hikari ruin your mindset. You became soft, Yami. But getting back to my point, I realised that your feelings guide you more than ever. And I can sense your emotions right now, Yami, and they're suggesting something I never thought I'd suspect of you."

This wasn't good. I wanted to retain my dignity not horribly lose it. Hoping that he was just bluffing, I straightened my stance and put my hands on my hips. Putting a game-face on as I stared back at Bakura, I quickly thought of things to say that wouldn't confirm that what he was saying was the truth. He wasn't going to win this game. "You realise nothing, Bakura. All you're doing is bluffing."

The smirk became wider and wider as Bakura walked closer and closer to me. "I'm not bluffing Yami and you know it."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"You are, Bakura."

"Yami, you're about as disillusioned as I thought."

"What are you trying to prove?"

Bakura gave me the same smirk. "That you felt something in that kiss and it's eating you alive, Yami. The great Pharaoh taken down by a kiss from his enemy."

I glared at him. No one pushed my buttons like Bakura did. "That kiss meant nothing to me, Bakura! Nothing do you hear me?"

He merely smirked again. He walked up to me until my back hit the door and closed it. I cursed, since there was no where to run, and obviously no where to hide. Defiantly I looked into his eyes with absolute hatred. Suddenly his palms were pressed flatly against the door on either side of my neck and he leaned in. I could smell the scent of the body wash he had used in the shower. Suddenly, without warning, Bakura's lips were crushed against my own in a searing kiss. Without thinking I responded, and the kiss deepened. A moan escaped my throat as I put a hand on Bakura's damp chest. He pressed closer to me, our mouths almost swallowing each other as our tongues battled for supremacy much as we ourselves had done with words.

As I was drowning in the electrifying kiss, I heard Bakura moan as well, as we slowly slid further and further down to the floor. When the kiss broke, I looked up into his dark eyes. "So this is what they call emotion roller coasting," I muttered.

-TBC-

Author's notes: Well there you go! How do you like it? Is this what the people wanted? I do what I can for the good of the people! Please review!