Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You Make Me Sick ❯ Life has found its meaning ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6 "Life has found its meaning."

Author's notes: *runs in and slams the door on an angry Bakura* Ahh…okay he wasn't too thrilled with the title…It's from Lifehouse's new single, "Spin" and when Bakura heard it, he wasn't too happy. *Peers out the door…sees Bakura wielding a spear* AH! Um…Yami sweetie…

Yami: Yes?

Sasha: Um, be a dear and calm Bakura down…I need to be alive to finish this chapter…

Yami: Is there going to be anymore angst?

Sasha: No! Even I've had enough. That's the most angst I've done…ever. You two have been though enough internal hell. Now go and calm him down.
Yami: *sigh* All right, I'm going…there better not be any more angst!

Sasha: Jeesh, I already said no. Get your Pharaoh ass out there! *punt*

Bakura: I'm going to KILL you!

Sasha: I'll sic millions of fan girls on you because if I don't finish this fic, they'll be angry!

Bakura: ………………

Sasha: Aha! I win! Oh, one more thing! Thanks for all your support with the flamer. ^_^ I needed to rant and make my point clear. It's my anger management. =c) "Spin" is also featured in this chapter.

* * *

Everything I know has let me down

So I will just let go

Let you turn me inside out

Because I know I'm not sure about anything

Bet you wouldn't have it any other way

(Lifehouse… "Spin")

As cliché and corny as it sounds, when I forgave Yami, a tremendous weight was lifted off of my shoulders, and my heart. Yami was braver than I thought, intertwining our fingers together and coming that close to me when he had no idea how I react. But…I suppose he did, or else he wouldn't have done what he did. In a way, I was glad he did. All the bitterness and pain I had been bottling up inside me for all those millennia practically vanished the moment he asked for forgiveness. But in no way did this mean I was completely soft.

We stood in the centre of the basement, our right hands clasped together, and our left arms entwined around the other's waist, and Yami's head rested on my chest. There were no words, nothing else needed to be said. It seemed we both were content to stand there like this until … well, I don't know. I suddenly remembered something and shifted, alerting Yami to raise his head up. "We should be able to get out of here now," I pointed out.

Yami had a small smirk on his face. "Yes, I suppose we should. Ryou and my Aibou said that we had to get along to get out of here. I suppose now that we got together is taking that one step further."

Snickering, I nodded. "I can imagine the look of shock on their faces when they see what really happened."

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you suggesting we trick our Hikaris?" he asked.

With a slight glint in my eyes, I smirked. "Maybe I am suggesting that. It's about time we got our payback for them locking us in here in the first place."

"But if they hadn't, we wouldn't have…you wouldn't have forgiven me," Yami said softly and I considered this. He had a very good, valid point. There was a sparkle in his amethyst eyes though, and I raised an eyebrow. "But that still doesn't mean we can't get them back for locking us up."

"I like the way you think," I returned the smirk, and looked up to the door. "It was three minutes after midnight when I forgave you. Which means, it's been seven days since we've been down here. My Aibou and Yugi will leave at 9 a.m. they will visit Tristan and he lives a little bit further away."

Yami yawned. "I don't know about you, but I'm dead tired. Besides, if we sleep for a few hours, Aibou and Ryou would be back already, he's been over here every day since they locked us up."

Now that he mentioned it, I was damn tired too. Flopping back on the couch, I yawned as well. But I couldn't fall asleep. Picking up a hat and a deck of cards from the coffee table, I began a riveting game of `throw the cards in the hat'. Yami watched me with amusement from his spot on the loveseat. "Don't even say a damn word. I'm amused here."

Yami's amused look didn't fade. "I didn't say a word. But are you having fun? You don't seem to have good aim though, Kurayai-chan."

At this I looked up with an expression of pure shock on my face. "What did you just call me? Dark Love of Mine?" [AN: Um, not so sure if that's really what it meant. Kuray is part of Kurayami, which means Darkness, and Ai means love I think and Chan's just an endearing term. Just humour me.]

Yami blinked, not quite realising what he said. When he did, a bright red blush coloured his cheeks. He stammered, "That-that's not … I didn't mean to…to blurt it…it out like th-that…Um…I mean…"

With a small snicker I flicked card at his head. "You don't have to apologise for anything, love. Although you may have to apologise for looking like such an idiot."

His beautiful amethyst eyes narrowed and he threw the card back at me. "Even now you can't resist to insult me?"

I gave him a small, genuine smile. "You have to learn to laugh at yourself, Yami. God, you're even more wound up than I thought." He returned the smile and I gave him a little smirk. "Relax a little."

**Yami**

When the world keeps spinning around

My world's upside down

And I wouldn't change a thing

I've got nothing left to lose

I lost it all when I found you

I gave Bakura a smile, something that I found myself doing more often. "I'm trying, but you're making it difficult."

"Well, that's what I'm here for. Making your life difficult," Bakura replied and he gave me a serious look, the one that used to get under my skin. Now it seemed incredibly sexy and I found myself chuckling. "This isn't supposed to be funny, Yami."

With a slight cough, I smiled at him. "I apologise. I'll try to be more terrified next time. Will you take a rain cheque?" He rolled his eyes and gave a little snort. The atmosphere was no longer tense and painful, but light and tolerable. Tentatively I got up and sat down beside him. Bakura raised an eyebrow and I swung my feet up on the couch and rested my head on his lap. "This is comfy."

He wrinkled his nose and looked down at me. "Am I your pillow?"

Without hesitation, I replied, "Yes, yes you are."

Bakura's expression flattened and he poked my nose. "I do not appreciate being your pillow, Yami."

"Well, that's tough luck for you, now isn't it? I don't want to move and I'm sure you wouldn't push me off the couch," I said to him with confidence. Knowing I was right, Bakura grumbled something under his breath and folded his arms over his chest. The pointers of his Millennium Ring poked my nose and I swatted at it. "Move that thing out the way!"

This time the smirk was on his face. "Well, if you use me as your pillow, you're just going to have to deal with it," Bakura said, poking my nose again. I stuck out my lower jaw and Bakura laughed-it was the first time I heard a good laugh, not an evil, `I'm going to gut you like a fish' laugh-and I raised an eyebrow. "If only they could see us now. Not only getting along but acting so lovey-dovey."

I laughed at this, and Bakura laughed again as well. I was enjoying hearing that laugh, something I was sure no one else would ever hear. Yawning, I set my head back down in his lap, and this time heard no protesting. I fought to keep my eyes open, but apparently they had different ideas as I found myself asleep within the moment. With slight alarm I wondered if Bakura was going to get up to find something to eat and send me flying off the couch and onto the floor, but he stayed still, and I felt his hand absently run through my hair. It felt…oddly right. I could get used to this.

When I woke up, I looked over at the clock. "Ra!" I exclaimed, jolting Bakura awake. "It's 3 o'clock!" Bakura looked at me blankly. "Aibou and Ryou are already home!"

"I'm still not sure why you're freaking out," Bakura said pointedly. "Yes, they're home. What big deal was supposed to come of that?"

Now that he mentioned it, I felt a little foolish for exclaiming something so…trivial. A blush rose to my cheeks and Bakura smiled. "My foolish love," he said almost fondly, knocking his head against mine. He got up and walked to the door. He nodded to me, and I walked up the steps beside him. "They're right on the other side of the door."

"What should we do?" I whispered back.

"Ram the door as hard as you can on the count of three," Bakura instructed. My eyes widened and Bakura's trademark smirk came to his lips. "Are you afraid, Yami?"

I bristled defensively. "No, I just don't want to do something this mean to my light, that's all." His smirk got wider and I grunted. "Fine."

"One, two…"

"Wait, is it on three or after?"

"Just shut up and ram it!" Bakura ordered, and I did as told, causing the door to blast open, leaving our lights on their butts and staring up at us with wide eyes. "I think you owe me an explanation, Aibou."

Ryou looked sheepish. "We just wanted you and Yami to get along, that's all." I looked past our lights to see Joey, Tristan, Téa and … Kaiba? "So…have you gotten along?"

Bakura smirked and snaked an arm around my waist. I shivered slightly but moved into his embrace. Joey's eyes became the same size approximate to saucers, as did Tristan and Téa's. Kaiba raised an eyebrow, whilst our lights blinked. "I think I'll let you all draw your own conclusions."

"Wait!" My Aibou exclaimed, jumping to his feet. "You mean to tell us that you two are … more than just friends now?" He looked to me. "Yami?"

I gave him a nod, a small smirk tugging at my lips. The look on his face was priceless, a mixture of shock, amazement and anxiousness. "Let's just say we found out some interesting things out in our stay in that basement."

"So when exactly did you two, eh, become chums?" Joey asked, scratching his nose. "Because we got bets riding on this!"

"JOEY!" the entire regime-excluding Kaiba-exclaimed. "They weren't supposed to know!"

Bakura and I raised an eyebrow respectively. "Just what were these bets?" I asked. One by one we got the stipulations: 48 hours, 72 hours, six days, a little over a week, and less than that because one of us would be dead. "Nice to know we're loved."

"Come now, think about it," Ryou spoke up. "You two hated each other with an unbridled passion and we locked you up in a basement. What were we to think? That you'd immediately start playing rummy or something?"

My love turned to me with that same smirk on his face. "Where's this money?" Joey dug in his pocket and held up the five 20-dollar bills. "Well, since we got together at three minutes after midnight on the seventh day, you all lost." With a flick of his wrist-and I was the only one who even barely caught it-the money was pilfered from Joey's hand and Bakura was now holding the cash. "So I'll just take this."

I laughed, and while I tried hard not to do so, I failed miserably and everyone stared at me blankly, sans Bakura. "Well it serves you right for making bets with people's emotions," I said in between fits of laughter. "The looks on your faces!"

Yugi didn't look too impressed. "I'd say you had a negative affect on my Yami, Bakura."

Bakura merely smirked. "I didn't have a negative affect on him, Yugi. I merely taught him not to be such a tight-ass. I thought I was doing the world a favour." His grip around my waist tightened and I made a face at him. And, right in front of everyone, Bakura kissed me, as if to prove to the group that we weren't lying. What was the coup, I suppose, was that I responded my hands planted on his waist. "Mine," he whispered.

"I like the sound of that," I whispered back in his ear, so that no one else could hear. The smirk on his lips became bigger and I chuckled.

It's burning, Turning, Watching, Learning

All my life has found it's meaning

Walking, Crawling, Climbing, Falling

All my life has found it's meaning

"I am so lost it's not even funny," Joey interjected. "So during the seven days you guys were down there you somehow catapulted past your utter hatred for each other and got together? Did I miss anything here?"

"It's a long story, Joey," I said, the smirk still on my lips. "You wouldn't understand even if I could tell you right now." He blinked again, and I found myself chuckling. "I mean it. Even I'm not sure how it all happened so quickly."

Kaiba rolled his eyes. "Here I was hoping one of you would kill the other," he muttered, as he turned on his heel and walked out. Bakura snickered, and pointed that Kaiba had some toilet paper stuck to his shoe. I held in a laugh and looked to the ground.

"I think it's cute," Téa declared after Kaiba had left. "I think they look cute together. At least it's better than the two of them tearing each other apart."

Tristan wrinkled his nose. "I don't think it's cute, but hey, if that means they're not mortal enemies anymore, I'm all for it."

"Thanks for the acceptance, but it's not like we would've changed our minds if you rejected it," Bakura pointed out, smirking. "You still think your opinions mean something."

I put a hand on his chest, a small smile playing at my lips. "Bakura, don't be so harsh. They're Yugi's friends and yours too."

Bakura blinked and stared at me blankly. "They were my friends?"

The look on his face was absolutely priceless. "Yes, they're your friends too, baka. Even though you tried to kill them back at the duellist kingdom."

"Argh, all this cutesy stuff is disgusting!" Joey exclaimed, holding his stomach, the expression on his face comical. "You make me sick!" Bakura stared at him blankly, and Joey burst out laughing, joined by Tristan, Téa, Yugi, Ryou and myself.

"This just reinforces my belief that you're all out of your flipping minds," Bakura muttered, rolling his eyes. "But it was your foolishness that made me a hundred bucks richer, so I suppose stupidity does pay off."

I laughed, holding him close to me. "I love you, Bakura."

He smiled at me, to the utter shock of Joey, Tristan, Téa, Yugi and Ryou. "You know how much I love you…you and your beautiful eyes," he whispered, touching my face. He turned to the shocked troupe. "If anyone of you spread a word of what I just said, I will find you and gut you like a fish."

Ryou chuckled. "Even now that you're in love, you still haven't changed, Bakura! I think I would've been worried if you had turned into a mushy mess."

"Yeah, well don't count on it."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

-TBC-

Author's notes: I have one more chapter planned and this one is up to you. What would you like to see? No lemons, since well … the rating's PG-13 but I'm open to pretty much anything else! Or, if you would like, I could try a blooper chapter, in which chase this would be the ending chapter. Please review and let me know!