Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ You're my Better Half ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer! I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh! You're My Better Half is written by Keith Urban. I did not write it.
You're My Better Half
A Songfic by DarkAngelsTears
---
Yugi walked into his Grampa's house. He sighed. "I'm home, Grampa." he said, not really having the energy to care about Grampa's response. He was tired, he didn't want to think at all. Yugi trudged up the stairs. He walked into his bedroom and lay down on the bed. Yami was in the other room, and he entered softly. "What's wrong, aibou?" he murmured, laying down beside him. "... I've been thinking." Yugi said quietly. "I don't know, it's just, what's the use of going on?" Yami was shocked. "Yugi, where have we gone wrong? What happened to the optimistic boy with a bright future that I fell in love with?" he asked. "I don't know, one day I woke up and realized how dark the world is. I.. I'm afraid Yami. I'm afraid of losing you. Some days I wonder if you'll just leave me..." Yugi said, biting back tears. Yami sat up. Yugi trembled. "Don't worry, my aibou. I won't leave you." he said. Yugi buried his head in Yami's chest and cried. Yami ran his fingers through his hikari's hair affectionatly. He opened his mouth and began to sing softly.

Car door slams, it's been a long day at work
I'm out on the freeway and I'm wondering if it's all worth
The price that I pay, sometimes it doesn't seem fair
I pull into the drive and you're standing there
And you look at me
And give me that come-here-baby smile
It's all gonna be alright
You take my hand
You pull me close and you hold me tight

Yugi was swept up in the smooth sound of his one, his only. Yami winked at Yugi fondly. His gaze was not uncomfortable of lust-filled. To Yugi, it was loving and caring. Yami would hold him and all the scarey things would run away. They knew the difference between a frightened child and an infuriated adult. Nothing with a brain would dare to attack Yugi with Yami there to protect him. And Yami would always be there. Always.

It's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe we can make it through anything
'Cause when it all comes down
And I'm feeling like I'll never last
I just lean on you 'cause baby
You're my better half

Yuugi sniffed and looked up at Yami, hoping for the truth. Yami smiled and continued his song, his voice reaching out and destroying all that dared upset his little aibou. Yami ran his hands through Yugi's tri-coloured hair, gently reminding him that he would protect him. "Yugi.." Yami whispered in the little boy's ear. "Don't be silly. I'll always be there.. to watch over you.. and protect you.."

They say behind every man is a good boy
But I think that's a lie
'Cause when it comes to you I'd rather have you by my side
You don't know how much I count on you to help me win
When I've given everything I got and I just feel like giving in
And you look at me
And give me that come-here-baby smile
It's all gonna be alright
You take my hand
Yeah you pull me close and you hold me tight

Yugi was enraptured by Yami's singing. He listened, nearly in a trance, as Yami's smooth Egyptian voice washed away all of his fears. Yugi felt safe in the protective arms of Yami... his Yami.

It's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe we can make it through anything
'Cause when it all comes down
And I'm feeling like I'll never last
I just lean on you 'cause baby
You're my better half
Well, you take my hand
Yeah you pull me close and I understand It's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe that we can make it through anything

Yugi wiped his tears away. Yami smiled again. "Don't worry, Yugi. I love you. I would never leave you." he said, pulling Yugi into a hug. Tears flowed once more, only this time they were Yami's. The pharoh didn't care who was watching. Weep with those who weep, as the saying goes. Trickles of the salty water made their way slowly down the face of the thousands-of-years-old pharoh.

Oh baby, it's the sweet love that you give to me
That makes me believe we can make it through anything
'Cause when it all comes down
And I'm feeling like I'll never last
I just lean on you 'cause baby
You're my better half
Oh, oh baby you're my better half
Ooh, hey baby you're my better half


Yugi smiled wearily. "Thank you, Yami. I don't know what I'd do without you." Yami smiled sweetly and kissed Yugi on the head. "Your life would be a lot less interesting, no?" Yami whispered into Yugi's ear, drawing him near once again...
Converting /tmp/php9TwbBb to /dev/stdout