Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city ❯ Chapter eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, ditching Domino city
Chapter eleven.
 
It was certain that whatever was up the attic had left quite an impact on Atem. Whenever Seto entered the room, Atem would turn pale or have a coughing fit. Whenever Yugi asked him what was wrong, Atem responded with “Allergic reaction” and quickly left. This however, made Bakura's curiosity grow. He kept popping up from the strangest places to catch Atem off guard and ask him what he had seen. But Atem kept his mouth shut, and would not speak of “the horror” that was up there. Bakura couldn't even play pranks on the pharaoh anymore, so he now took his frustrations out on Marik.
“It's just not the same…” Bakura sighed.
“Will you stop thinking about it already? You know Atem! I bet he just found a stack of Playguy's under the bed and got grossed out by the naked women.” Malik responded, trying to pull his Hikari's head out of the toilet.
 
On Sunday however, when most of the group was sitting in the living room, the pharaoh finally snapped. When Joey and Mai entered, closely followed by Seto, Atem's eye started to twitch horribly. He jumped up so quickly, Yugi, who was sitting on his lap, fell to the floor.
“I can't take it anymore! I can't live, remembering what I have seen!!!” Atem shouted, pulling the millennium puzzle off his neck. Everyone blinked.
“He wouldn't!” Malik gasped.
“Pharaoh no! At least tell me before you do!” Bakura shouted, jumping to his feet too.
“I am sorry tombrobber, but such a horrible fate, I would not even bestow on you.” Atem said, holding the puzzle in front of his face. Yugi, who was still on the floor, was slowly starting to understand what was happening.
“Atem noooo! Remember what I said! No leather!” Yugi shouted, jumping up to try and snatch the puzzle from his yami's hands. But he was already too late. The puzzle started to shine brightly, and Atem's eyes turned blank.
“Shit! Now we'll never know!” Malik shouted, and Bakura cursed loudly.
“What just happened?” Seto, Joey, Mokuba, Mai, Ryou, Ishizu and Marik asked in unison.
“Atem erased a part of his memory again.” Bakura said, snatching up a pillow and whacking the pharaoh with it. Atem fell face forward on the floor with a loud “Ooow!”.
“That's it. No more millennium items for you mister!” Yugi said, snatching the puzzle from Atem's grasp.
“What did I do?” Atem asked, looking around.
“Oh… uhm… nothing.” Seth said quickly.
“Hey, this means he forgot about the dare.” Bakura said, grinning sinisterly. Marik cheered.
 
And so a week passed peacefully. Well, unless you count the time Malik set fire to Bakura's pants. Or when Isis found a spider in the bathroom, and Seth and Marik battled over who could take it outside. And ofcourse chaos erupted when Joey and Mokuba wanted to watch the first Smokémon movie, at the same time a documentary on ancient Egypt was on TV. But the event that was perhaps the most peace-disrupting was when…
“Kaaaaibaaaa!” Mai's voice echoed through the house. She was hanging upside down from the ceiling, a rope tied around her ankles.
“Myeeees?” Seto asked, entering the hallway Mai was in.
“Damnit, you've gone too far this time!” Mai shouted.
“I have no idea what you are talking about.” Seto said shortly, looking up at Mai.
“Liar!” Mai spat at him.
“Actually, he's telling the truth.” Came Bakura's voice.
“Huh?”
“I set that trap for the pharaoh. You were unfortunate enough to step in it.” Bakura explained.
“Hurry up and get me down! The blood is flowing to my brain!” Mai commanded.
“Funny. I didn't think you had a brain.” Seto responded. Mai growled and stretched out to strangle Seto. But the CEO was out of her reach. Bakura grinned and took a knife out of his pocket. He threw it upwards, piercing the rope that was binding Mai to the ceiling. The girl shrieked wildly as she fell to the floor.
“Stop sniggering you! You could've warned me before you started throwing sharp things!” Mai said angrily, getting up.
“Excuse me ma'am.” Bakura said, hiding his grin.
“Next time, set traps for the pharaoh that can't affect other people.” Mai commanded, and Bakura nodded innocently. As she walked away, Bakura gave Seto a quick high-five, and Seto slipped the tombrobber a 10 dollar bill.