Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-Gi-Oh! Race For Riches ❯ And They're Off! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yu-Gi-Oh! Race For Riches

----------------------------------------------


Disclaimer: Silver does not own Yu-Gi-Oh, Duel Monsters, Dungeon Dice Monsters, Monster World, Cap Monsters, or anything Yu-Gi-Oh, except for her site ((http://mine.at/Bakura)). And even then, she does not taken credit for any of the screenshots or fanworks in her site. ^_^

----------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Kon'nichiwa! Silver here with my new story! I've had the idea for a few months, but never really got around to it, with the site moving to a new server and all. Anyway, it's called "Race For Riches", yet another dumb title thought up by yours truly. ^^;; Not much else to say then. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

Pegasus: It's the coolest new reality show on television! Screw American Idol! Welcome to...RACE FOR RICHES!

Audience: Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Pegasus: I'm Pegasus, the host of this show, and this is my lovely co-host, Whitney.

Whitney: Hello! ^_^

Pegasus: So Whitney, what do we have in store for our viewers today?

Whitney: Well, today we've asked several teens living in Japan to come all the way to New York City and become contestants for our new game!

Pegasus: Ooh, Duel Monsters?!

Whitney: No no, silly. *Hug* You'll find out soon enough. Would you bring out the contestants, dear?

Pegasus: Why certainty, kitty. *Purrs*

Audience: ..........................

Pegasus: .......erm...And here are the contestants now! Please give them a round of applause!

The audience cheers wildly as Yugi and Co. walk on stage. The following contestants are: Yugi, Yami, Joey, Tristan, Tea, Mai, Serenity, Seto, Mokuba, Duke, Ryou, Bakura, Malik, Y/M (Yami Malik), and Isis. The fifteen contestants stand near Pegasus, some looking very confused, and others very angry.

Bakura: Hey, Pegasus! You said Ryou and I were supposed to come here and pick up a check for 1 million.

Pegasus: Correct, Baku-boy.

Bakura: ...don't...EVER call me that again, you gay freak.

Whitney: Hey! He's not gay anymore!

Seto: *Squirms unconfortably* 'I hope she's right about that...'

Whitney: Alright, now that you're all here, we can get started! You've all received a letter saying that we had a check for 1 million dollars waiting for you in New York City. Well, that's partly true. See, you'll have to earn that check by winning this game, RACE FOR RICHES!

Serenity: Oh! I could use that kind of money!

Joey: But sis, I already got you dat money for da operation.

Serenity: Joey, it's not GOING to be for my EYES.

Joey: Den what will it be fo...oh. =_=;;

Mai: *Snorts* I don't need money for that, I've already got the best there is.

Joey: *Massive nose bleed*

Tristan: Awwwwwww, Joey! You just bled all over my new shirt!

Duke: *Snickers*

Yugi: Hey guys, could we stop talking for a moment and listen to Whitney?

Ryou: Yes guys, let's not be rude.

Whitney: ^_^ Thank you Ryou.

Silver: *Growl*

Whitney: O_O Er...anyway, the game works like this. You'll have to make your way across the United States, from New York City to Carlsbad, Ca., about 40 miles from San Diego, Ca. But there's a catch. You'll have to do this...with ONLY the items to have on you AT THIS MOMENT. Meaning that you can't withdraw any money from the bank or from an ATM. Whatever cash or credit cards you have on you right now will have to do. If you don't have anything...well, you'd better hope a trucker will be kind enough to take you across a few states. Also, you can NOT buy plane or train tickets. You must go only by car, horse, or on foot. Any questions so far?!

Everyone: ..................

Malik: YOU SUCK, dammit!

Whitney: Hey, I didn't think up of this game, okay?! That's SILVER'S fault.

Everyone: ....*Stares at Silver*

Silver: Ehehe...*Hides*

Yami: *Groan* Great, just great. I don't have any money ON me, it's all with my aibou. Hell, I don't even know how to drive a stupid car!

Whitney: Oh don't worry, Yami, it gets better before it gets worse. You'll be paired up in teams of three, five teams in all. You may combine what money and items you have to get to California first. Now, all of your team MUST arrive in order for you to collect your check, which by the way you will have to split three ways.

Y/M: That's cheap! I'm not playing.

Bakura: Good, more money for me.

Duke: Dude, where you listening to her? The check's gonna be split three ways.

Bakura: ...say my partners arrived with me. Then say I were to, oh, banish them both to the Shadow Realm? Does that count?

Pegasus: Ooh, sounds like fun!

Whitney: Wait, Pegasus! We can't seriously let me do tha- *Is kissed by Pegasus* ........oh second thought...

Pegasus: *Holding Whitney* The teams are listed on the computer behind us. Take a look, then report back here.

The fifteen teens walk over to the computer in silence, then one by one return to stand near Pegasus.

Mokuba: .................

Tea: ...................

Ryou: *Still staring at the screen* BLOODY HELL?!?!

Everyone: o.O

Ryou: No way in hell are you going to make me travel with those two!

Whitney: Sorry Ryou, rules are rules. We can't change the teams. Besides, it was all random, I swear.

Ryou: -_-;;

Duke: Umm, excuse me? I wanted to be with Serenity, NOT Tea.

Tea: Oh geez, thanks a lot Duke.

Tristan: I wanted to be with Serenity too! Why do I have to get the "dancer"?

Tea: T_T You two are mean...friends are supposed to care about one another.

Silver: *Gagging in the background*

Whitney: Alright, now we'll announce the teams to the audience and our viewers at home. Yugi, Yami, and Y/M are Team 1. Ryou, Bakura, and Malik are Team 2. Joey, Serenity, and Seto are Team 3. Duke, Tristan, and Tea are Team 4. And Mai, Isis, and Mokuba are Team 5.

Audience: *Lots, and I mean LOTS, of murmuring and snickering*

Pegasus: So get out of here already! You've only got one week to get to Silver's house!

Everyone: O_O;;

Everyone rushes off the stage, burst through the exit, and start running like hell.

Seto: *Stops Serenity*

Joey: Eh, what do ya tink you're doin', Kaiba?

Seto: Let the others make fools of themselves. We're getting a cab.

Serenity: Ooh, good idea Seto.

Seto: *Blushes a tiny bit* Yeah yeah, thank me later.

Yami and Yugi, seeing what Team 3 is doing, decide to rent a car with what money they have.

Yugi: Okay, I've got just enough money to get a small car and some gas. From there, we can drive to Illinois, where I have a cousin who can help us out.

Yami: Sounds like a plan. But uh, Yugi... o_o What do we do about HIM?

"Him" is Y/M, who is at the moment screaming at a hobo who tried to touch his hair.

Y/M: This is MY hair, you psycho! No touching! I spent countless hours getting it to look right!

Yugi/Yami: o_O;;

Yugi: Well, we gotta take him along with us, or we won't get the check. Fortunately, his aibou has the Millenium Rod, so we have the advantage.

Yami: ...ah. *Grins*

Speaking of the Millenium Rod, Malik and Bakura...are completely lost.

Malik: .............

Bakura: ............so...hikari...where do we go from here?

Ryou: Well, this map says that we're on Broadway right now so...we should be heading this way. *He points to their left* From there, we can get bus tickets and head to California.

Malik: Why don't we just mind control a cabby and make him take us to California?

Ryou: No Malik, we can't...

Malik: Who said we can't?! No one actually said that we couldn't use our Millenium items, and we've got two.

Ryou: Well, I still don't think it's right to take control over someone's mind. We should just stick with the tickets.

Malik growls angrily, and reaches toward Ryou when Bakura steps in between the two.

Bakura: Hang on, Malik. Ryou's right. We don't need to use your Millenium Rod to get to California.

Ryou: *Sighs* Thanks, Bakura.

Bakura: All we need to do is STEAL a cab.

Ryou: -_- Oh hell.

A few blocks further, teams 4 and 5 are struggling into cabs.

Tristan: Dang it, Tea! Why did you have to bring so many friggin' suitcases!

Tea: Deal with it, Tristan. Now hurry up!

Mokuba: Oof. Why do you two have so many suitcases?

Mai: Hey, aren't you used to carry around your big brother's briefcase?

Mokuba: Well, yeah, but...

Isis: Then you can handle our stuff. Get moving, we gotta get out of ehre before team 4 does.

Mokuba: >_<;;

With a cry, both teams hop into their cabs and head out of the city at the same time.

With a cry, a cab driver is dragged out of his seat by a smirking Bakura.

With a cry, the hobo gets sent to the Shadow Realm by a really pissed off Y/M.

Joey: *Crying* But I wanna drive!

Serenity: Joey, you don't even know HOW to drive. Besides, this is New York City. Everyone drives like it's the end of the world.

Joey: All the more reason to LET me drive. I'll fit right in!

Before Seto and Serenity can stop him, Joey's grabs the wheel (after shoving the driver out of his seat), and puts the pedal to the metal.

~~~~~

Pegasus: *Sly grin* And so, the race is on.

~~~~~

In a cold, dark room (specifically, the janitor's closet), five teens argue with one another while eating ramen.

Orianna: You're all crazy. Team 3 HAS to win. My Seto obviously has the advantage, with all his credit cards.

Hannah: You can't be serious, Ori. JOEY is with him, remember?

Orianna: ......oh. Ehehe...

Silver: Hmmm...let's make this a bit more interesting, shall we?

Sara: How so?

Silver: We could place bets on which team's going to win the race.

Hannah: Hey, good idea Silver. I'm betting for Team 2! *Pictures Malik and giggles happily*

Sara/Silver: Awww, no fair! *Both are thinking about the uber-sexy Bakura...yeah, you know it*

Hannah: Hehe. Suckers.

Orianna: Well I'm betting for Team 3.

Sara: Team 1 then. Y/M can handle anything that's thrown his way.

Hannah: Heh, if you say so. What about you, Peter?

Peter: *Is staring at a picture of Tea playing DDR*

Silver: Heh, I'm rooting AGAINST Team 4.

Hannah: What?! You can't do that!

Silver: Sure I can.

Orianna: But that means if Team 4 loses, which it very well could, you'll actually get the same amount of money as the person who bets for the winner!

Silver: Just shows how smart I am.

Peter: ...Team 5.

Sara: Eh? You're rooting for Team 5? What about Tea?

Peter: *Sighs* Tea's great and all, but Team 5's got TWO beautiful girls. I can't argue with that.

Silver: Alright then! I suppose we should catch a flight back to Carlsbad then. We've got an entire week to blow until a winning team's been decided.

Hannah: Right. Let's go.

----------------------------------------------

Meh, I hope you like so far! I lost all my notes, so I've also lost a few ideas. >_<;; Feel free to e-mail me, or visit BC! The URL is still http://mine.at/Bakura, and please, please, PLEASE R&R, C&C!!!

- Silver