Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, Seth's departure. ❯ Chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, Seth's departure.
Chapter two.
 
And so Seth stood in front of Kaiba mansion, a knapsack over his shoulder, wondering where to go. Perhaps he should have thought this through a bit more. But he could not turn back now. So he decided to do the most logical thing. Ask Bakura for advice. After a small ten minute walk he arrived at Bakura's house, and was about to ring the doorbell when said tombrobber lunged at him from behind a bush. Seth shrieked wildly, and pushed him off again.
“Dammit Seth, how come you never have a wallet with you?” Bakura asked, pouting.
“How come you always rob people for no apparent reason?” Seth asked in response.
“Gotta make a living somehow. So what brings you here?”
“I left Kaiba, so can I stay here?” Seth asked.
“Hold on, I'll have to check with Ryou.” Bakura said, opening the front door.
“Are you sure Ryou will approve? I don't think he's that fond of me.”
“Don't worry. I have a plan.” Bakura said assuringly, and then stepped into the hallway. “Hey Ryou! Can Yugi stay over? He's got a surprise with him!”
“Yugi? Yay! Okay. So what's the surprise?” Came Ryou's response.
“It's not Yugi! It's Seth!” Bakura shouted, and both yami had a fit of laughter. Ryou poked his head into the hallway.
“What? Seth? But…” he muttered.
“Yeah, now you can't send him away, cause technically you've already approved!” Bakura said grinning, high-fiving the priest and leading the way to the living room.
 
“Aw… well, okay then. Just don't make a mess okay?” Ryou said, sitting down in his chair. Bakura and Seth both hopped down on the couch, and Seth dropped his knapsack on the floor. There was a loud cracking noise, and brown fluid started to seep through the cloth, onto the hardwood floor.
“Ah no! The thermos flask broke!” Seth muttered, as Ryou started wheezing frantically. The boy quickly jumped up and ran to the kitchen, returning with a paper towel to clean up the mess.
“Don't worry, I'll steal you a new thermos flask.” Bakura said shrugging.
“My floor!” Ryou squeaked, mopping up the coffee. He was ignored.
“So what's on TV?” Seth asked, grabbing the remote.
“Well actually, I was watching-” Ryou began, but the priest had already changed the channel.
“Alright! Ancient Egyptian curses! I love this show!” Seth shouted, watching a swarm of locusts infiltrate a house. It was turned into a ruin within seconds. “I still need to figure out how to do that one.”
“Ha! That's nothing! Ever seen the curse of exploding eyeballs?” Bakura asked, an evil look in his eyes.
“No… I did see the curse of brain mush though. Man, that was freaky.”
Not wanting to hear the rest of the conversation, Ryou quickly ran into the kitchen. And to not be a bad host, he decided to get Seth a drink. He shouldn't lose his temper just because the priest spilled some coffee over his brand new, expensive hardwood floor. And it was not as if Seth did that on purpose, right?
 
When he returned to the living room with two glasses of cola, he let out a high pitched squeak.
“So then the rabid horses trampled him and… What is it Ryou?” Seth asked. Ryou wasn't able of speaking, so he merely pointed.
“I think it's because you've got your feet up on the table…” Bakura muttered quickly.
“Huh? Oh, sorry.” Seth said, swiftly taking his feet off the table again.
“Yeah, Ryou really loves this table. Don't ask me why. But if anything were to happen to it, he'd have a heartattack.” Bakura said, watching Ryou breathe through an inhaler.
“I shall leave the table alone then.” Seth said nodding.
“Good. Well… have a cola.” Ryou said blankly, handing Seth a glass.
“What? Cola? Haven't got anything stronger?” Seth asked with a tone of disappointment.
“Ryou doesn't like alcohol.” Bakura said, taking the other glass from Ryou. “But I've got my own stash.” He added in a whisper.
“Ah! It's a cheap brand!” Seth said in disgust, after taking a sip. Ryou balled his fists, and quickly disappeared into the kitchen again. The guy had only been there for five minutes, and he was already getting on the poor hikari's nerves. So Ryou turned to the only thing that could calm him down. Food. After making himself a ham, cheese, pickle, mustard sandwich, he returned to the living room, only to drop it to the floor in a clatter.
“Ryou, must you be so clumsy?” Seth asked, watching the sandwich. Ryou in the meantime, was having a major asthma attack, and once again pointing to the table.
“What?” Seth asked, staring at Bakura, who shrugged.
“Coasters!” Ryou shouted between his heavy breathtakes, running over to the table and picking up the cola glass Seth had set down there five minutes ago. And we all know what happens when you put a cold soda glass on a wooden surface. There was now a circle on the table, that would never come out again.
“How come you didn't tell Seth to use a coaster?!” Ryou hissed at Bakura.
“I-I forgot!” Bakura stuttered. He had set his own glass on a coaster in reflex, but hadn't noticed the priest's.
“That's it! Out!” Ryou shouted, pulling Seth up from the couch.
“Wha?” Seth stuttered.
“You heard me! Out! My table is ruined! Go bother someone else!” Ryou shrieked, picking up the knapsack and thrusting it in Seth's hands.
“But I- Bakura! Help!” Seth shouted, as Ryou pushed him into the hallway.
“Sorry mate!” Bakura called after him, as the priest was ushered outside, and the door slammed shut behind him.