Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yu-gi-oh, Seth's departure. ❯ Chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yu-gi-oh, Seth's departure.
Chapter five.
 
And so Seto and Joey wandered the streets of South Domino, in search of the missing priest.
“Hey moneybags?” Joey asked after about an hour of mindless walking and checking back alleys.
“No…” Came Seto's gruff reply, which was completely ignored.
“Do you really… not care about Seth?”
“What?” Seto asked, stopping dead in his tracks.
“I mean, if we were to find out he's dead… Would you really be relieved?” Joey asked, trying to put the words delicately. Seto sighed.
“Let me tell you a story.” He said.
“You're kidding right?”
“No no. Once upon a time there was a rich and handsome CEO…” Seto began, and Joey coughed to hide his laughter.
“He had everything he wanted. But he also had a rival. An evil, spiky-haired little midget. The midget defeated the CEO in the game where he was supposed to be number one. When the CEO asked him how he could've been defeated, the midget said that he trusted in “the heart of the cards.” But the truth was that the midget cheated. He used a force known as Yami. So the CEO decided that if he wanted to defeat the midget, he should get a yami too. He bought a millennium rod off a shizofrenic and sadistic tombkeeper. And so his wish was granted. But the yami he received was an ignorant fool, who knew nothing about the game of duelmonsters. Instead, he spent his time drinking and bothering women, to make up for his sad past life. But even though this behaviour annoyed the heck out of the poor CEO, he grew accustomed, perhaps even a bit attached to the yami.” Seto finished. Joey stayed quiet for a moment.
“Moneybags?”
“Hm?”
“You suck at telling stories!”
“Shut up mutt!”
 
The search continued until the evening, when the sun had started to set.
“Hey moneybags, perhaps we should give up for today… It's getting late. And the chances are pretty big that Seth isn't even in the city anymore.” Joey said, as Seto opened a dumpster in a back alley.
“Yeah, I suppose you're right…” Seto said, quickly closing the dumpster again and running away from the stench of garbage.
“Perhaps the others found something.” Joey said, as they made their way back to the gameshop.
“They would've called wouldn't they?” Seto asked, checking his cellphone.
“Do they even have your number?” Joey asked in return. He looked up and something caught his eye. “Hey… isn't that…”
The CEO looked up too. On top of a ten storey building, sitting on the ledge was…
“Seth!” Seto shouted, staring up at the priest.
“Oh dear lord, he's gonna jump!” Joey shouted hysterically.
“Damnit! I'm going up there to talk him out of it. You stay here to break his fall!” Seto commanded.
“Yeah su- Wait, what?!” Joey shouted, but Seto had already disappeared.
 
After having to run all the way up the stairs, because the elevator wasn't working, Seto finally reached the top floor.
“Seth! Don't jump!” he gasped, and his yami stared at him.
“Jump? What do you mean? I always come up here to enjoy the view.” He said, and he indicated the CEO to sit down next to him.
“Oh! Oops.” Seto said, and he walked over to Seth.
“So, what's up?” Seth asked, as his hikari sat down.
“Well… It's been two weeks, and I'm willing to take you back now.”
“Who says I want to?”
“Wha?!” Seto said dumbstruck.
“You're treat me like your property, and you're always yelling at me.”
“Well.. you are an embarrassment. Constantly drinking and chasing women…” Seto muttered.
“Imagine finding out your father, who you thought had died honourably in battle, was still alive. That he had sold his soul to the devil. That he wants you to betray the Pharaoh. That the girl you loved the most dies in your arms because of him. That you are forced to stab him with your own knife. Wouldn't you drink to forget something like that?” Seth asked.
“Well, I suppose-”
“And then your hikari, who is supposed to support you, is mean to you. Making you do chores and stuff. How do you think I feel?”
“But Seth… Why do you think I make you do those chores?”
“For your own personal gain?” Seth guessed.
“Yeah, that too… But also to take your mind off things.” Seto said.
“Really? Wow…”
“So what have you been doing these past two weeks anyway?” Seto asked, to change the subject.
“Well, I hitchhiked to Kaibaland.”
“You what?!”
“Yeah. I always wanted to see that Blue eyes white dragon train. But I think the employees mistook me for you. They let me eat all I wanted, and I got to ride all the rides. Oh, by the way, they're building a rollercoaster named after me.” Seth said grinning, and Seto growled.
“Other than that I joined the circus for a couple of days, and I became a master in insult-sword fighting. So if you ever want to defeat Yugi in that, I can kick his butt for you anytime.” Seth continued.
“Wonderful!” Seto said laughing.
“So anyway, if you really want me to return home, you'll have to get on your knees and beg.”
“Don't push your luck!”
“I was kidding! Jeez! Let's go then.” Seth said, getting to his feet.
“Oh by the way, when we get home, you're grounded.” Seto said, and Seth grinned.
 
Tha end!