Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi's Little Secrets ❯ The Song ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wingzero: Hey, where did everybody go?

DS: --U They have a death wish coming.

Wingzero: That isn't nice.

Ray: *enters the room* Hi! ^-^

Kai: *follows with the rest of the Bladebreaker team*

Tyson: Where are the others?

Max: *bouncing off the walls*

Wingzero: -- Was he at the sugar again?

Tyson: -- What ever gave you that idea?

DS: -- Wait until you see my aibou go on a sugar high.

Ray: It isn't that bad.

DS: --U That's because you join her.

Tyson & Kenny: O.O Ray on a sugar high?

Ray: Ehehehehehehe.

Wingzero: Anyways, the next chapter will feature the birthday scene or at least the start of it.

Yami's POV

Later that evening, Seto and I held a meeting, concerning Yugi's birthday party. Mirai had volunteered to keep Yugi along with Mokuba entertained while we held our discussion. Yugi had expressed an interest in magic, ever since he discovered his powers of healing. He wanted to learn how to harness it before Anzu attacked again, though I had my doubts he would have complete mastery over his powers within a short period of time.

"You do realize we have Anzu to deal with," Ishtar just had to remind us.

"How could we forget that ugly mug," Joey sighed. I do agree. How could anyone forget a face like that. She kind of reminds me of someone. I couldn't put my finger on it.

"At least Bakura isn't here," Malik reminded us. "I don't know if he would take you insulting his little sister."

"I don't think he would mind," I answered nonchalantly. "He doesn't have a high opinion of her anymore after she attacked his hikari."

"Yeah," Malik agreed with me. "Both Yugi and I had monsters on the field, but Ryou had none, he wasn't dueling."

"What a low down dirty underhanded trick," Joey said in disgust. "She makes Weevil look like a saint. At least, he doesn't go around killin' people."

"The barrier should theoretically prevent her from entering," Seto spoke up. "I propose we hold Yugi's party here."

"Why here?" I asked the billionaire suspiciously. He was up to something. I can feel it.

"We have better security and staffing," Seto backed up his claim. "Also I have more room here."

"He does have a point," Grandpa said reluctantly. "Our home isn't large enough for a party. If it was you, Joey, Tristan, Ryou, and Tea, then we would be able to, but I have invited a few relatives and some of Yugi's other friends along."

"I have already hired a DJ and a band to play at the party," Seto informed the rest of us. "They'll be arriving tomorrow night."

"I thought we were going to have a small party for him," Grandpa spoke up. In the past, they held small parties. Yugi's closest friends were invited to stay over for dinner, and the guys were allowed to stay overnight. They called it a "sleep over."

"This is Yugi's sixteenth birthday," I argued against him. "According to these times, the sixteenth birthday is special."

"That's right," Joey chirped.

"We've got the entertainment," Mai checked that one off. "We still need the food, decorations, and someone to keep Yugi busy while we prepare."

"I will take care of the food," Isis volunteered. "Ryou, I'm sure would want to help. He enjoys cooking, and there are some recipes of his, I would like to try."

"Mai and I will handle the decorations," Joey volunteered on his and her behalf.

"We'll take care of security," Ishtar said. He glanced over to his hikari and received a nod of approval.

"I'll have the head of security give you badges," Seto informed them. "Which reminds me, we should have the yamis and the Dark Magician, act as security during the party."

"Why?" Ishtar and I asked simultaneously.

"We never know when Anzu is going to attack," Seto voiced his concern. "This will be a perfect opportunity to strike at Yugi. We shouldn't rely heavily on the barrier."

"I completely agree," I said, surprising everyone including myself. "Even though we have the barrier, we shouldn't let down our guard. She is clever as they get. One way or another, she will find a way to enter here."

"Then that would leave the birthday boy," Mai said when she had written everything down. "Who gets the job of keeping him busy until we're ready?"

"I think the Dark Magician is already doing a good job," Malik said, his violet eyes scanning the room's occupants. "Mokuba could also keep him company."

"I'll keep my hikari occupied," I said firmly. "There are a few things I would like discuss with him, which I would care not to disclose."

"I assume it is a hikari-yami discussion," Ishtar said nonchalantly.

"Yes, it is," I acknowledged his guess.

For the next half an hour to an hour, we discussed what we were going to do and the security plans. Since she could potentially strike at any time and place, everyone had to be ready. We had to set up an alert system and create a response plan. If we didn't, we may not be there in time to prevent her from hurting Yugi or some unfortunate person, who just so happened to cross her path. Besides, it was more efficient to have a plan. At least theoretically, it would be better. It was less confusing for everybody, especially a certain blonde. We will have to inform the other group when they meet with us tomorrow. Grandpa had volunteered to inform the others as we worked on our tasks. Standing up, I turned to leave. The others caught on and also departed from the room. Each person or group had a certain task so we didn't have to necessarily all be there.

A few minutes later, I walked into the room, where Mirai was teaching Yugi. Mokuba sat there watching the two magic users. He was completely enthralled by their powers and abilities. The occupants were entirely preoccupied with their activities. They didn't even notice me enter the room. I took a seat in one of the nearby chairs and watched my aibou as he attempted to learn complex magic in a short amount of time.

"That was good for your first lesson," Mirai complemented my aibou. "Most people wouldn't reach this level until their sixth or seventh lesson."

"I guess I'm just a fast learner," Yugi smiled at his teacher. When he turned around, he was completely caught off guard. He obviously didn't expect to see me sitting there watching him the entire or at least part of the time.

"Master Yami, have you come to see your hikari's progress?" Mirai asked me.

In response, I shook my head. "I have already learned to harness my powers."

"I see," Mirai stated.

Before he could say anything, I decided to put my plan into action, even if it was one day ahead. "Mirai and Mokuba," I said trying to be as calm as possible. "I would like to spend some time alone with Yugi."

"Sure thing," Mokuba said, jumping off of his seat and then, pulling on the hand of our Dark Magician. "Come on. I'd like to see that thing you did."

Mirai shot us a pleading look, but when he saw my face, he could tell that I was very serious. I wanted to spend time alone with Yugi. I indicated that he should follow the younger Kaiba. Reluctantly, he allowed Mokuba to drag him out of the room, leaving only my hikari and myself behind in the room.

"What did you want to do?" My aibou curiously asked. I can tell by the way his eyes sparkle in the light.

"I wanted to talk to you," I answered him while motioning for him to come to me. My lighter half came close enough to me. I was able to pull him onto my lap. Using my magic, I closed the door and made the room sound proof. I didn't want anyone listening onto our conversation.

"About what?" His curiosity grew with each passing moment.

"I wanted to talk about us," I answered him truthfully. In response to my reply, my hikari snuggled up against my chest. I moved my arms to hold him better and nuzzled his head.

"You aren't seeing anyone, are you?" My aibou innocently asked.

"Of course not," I said, caught off guard. "You're the only one for me."

"That's good," Yugi answered. He began to rub his cheek against my chest. "Then why do you want to talk to me." He may be naïve at some times, but he can easily spot hidden meanings.

"I wanted to know, when you're comfortable telling the others," I spoke up. Yugi became rigid for a second before relaxing in my arms. "Listen, I'm not forcing you to reveal our relationship. I want to know when you're ready."

"I don't know," my hikari sighed. He leaned against my shoulder. "A part of me wants to tell them. I'm tired of hiding our relationship whenever we're together. Another part of me says that it would be a big mistake and that I would lose them. A third part wants me to drop clues until they figure it out on their own."

"I'm not going to pressure you," I assured him. I lightly squeezed his shoulder. His bright violet eyes met my crimson eyes.

"When the time is right," Yugi said.

Before he could say another word, I cupped his chin and pulled him into a passionate kiss. At first my aibou was completely surprised; then he slowly responded to my kiss. I ran my tongue against his lips, demanding entrance. He complied and opened his mouth for me to enter. Not wasting any time, I plunged my tongue into his sweet mouth. I explored his entire mouth, wanting to know every corner and turn. A hand gripped onto my shirt as I played with his tongue. Soft moans reached my ear, telling me he was enjoying the kiss. Soon he arched his back slightly towards me. Unfortunately like most humans, Yugi needed to breathe. He broke off our kiss and started breathing deeply. I nuzzled his hair as he caught his breath.

"You like?" I asked him. He nodded his head in response. "Good." I started nibbling on his ear playfully and received an interesting result. Yugi gasped and nearly fell out of my lap. Fortunately for him, I still had my arm around his waist, preventing him from meeting the floor.

"You're such a tease," Yugi said jokingly.

I stopped playing with his ear long enough to respond. "Is that so?"

"Yes you are!" my lighter half giggled.

"And do you plan on doing about it?" I asked coyly.

"This," Yugi said as he stroked my chest. Hn, he could do better than that. Suddenly, I felt something tweak my little nipple. I let out a small gasp as I it made contact.

Looking down, I saw my aibou, pulling off an angelic face. Oh, two can play this game. My lips made their way to Yugi's sensitive neck. Brushing against it softly, I heard a small moan, before I planted several butterfly kisses. A hand brushed against my inner thigh, very close to my special equipment.

We had paused our little game. How badly I wanted to take him, but I realize he wasn't ready. This would be his first time and I didn't want to pressure him into doing it. What kind of guardian and lover would I be if I did?

Out of nowhere, my cute little hikari yawned. I glanced over at the clock. We should really be going to bed soon. Today had been very eventful and interesting I might add. Picking up my light, I carried him to his room.

"Yami, I can walk," Yugi mumbled in my arms. His head rested against my shoulder.

"Of course, I know you can walk," I teased him.

"You know what I mean!" Yugi pouted. He attempted to glare at me, but he was too tired to pull of that look.

As I walked down the hallways, I found Mirai trying to explain to Mokuba the complexity of magic. The younger Kaiba seemed completely clueless and kept asking several questions.

"Master Yami, why are you carrying Master Yugi?" Mirai asked, trying to escape the curious child. If I were in his position, I would also be doing the same thing.

"He's tired," I answered honestly. Yugi just stuck his tongue out me.

Mirai raised his brow in amusement or it could be in confusion. I can't tell which one. "Master, shall I escort you to your room?" He gave us a pleading look.

"That is not necessary," I assured him.

"You never know when she is going to attack," Mirai said desperately. Well, I couldn't leave my most loyal duel monster in this kind of predicament, now can I?

"So true," I completely agreed with him. When I had turned my attention to my aibou, I discovered he had already fallen asleep. I never knew he was this tired. It was a good thing I had carried him or he wouldn't have made it all the way to his room.

"Mokuba, would you kindly inform your brother, Yugi and I will be retiring," I asked Mokuba.

"No prob," Mokuba said, while keeping his voice low. He had already seen Yugi fast asleep in my arms and didn't want to wake my aibou up.

Mirai and I both headed towards Yugi's room. I gently placed him on the bed and covered him up with the light blankets. Even though it was summer, the nights tended to be cooler than normal. As I turned around to leave, I felt a small hand grab onto mine. Yugi cracked an eye open and silently pleaded for me to stay with him.

How can I refuse such a request like that? I quickly changed into my pajamas. Yugi had already changed into his a long time ago. I, on the other hand, stayed in my usual day outfit. Once I had my night clothes on, I mentally signaled the Dark Magician to stand guard outside our door. He said that he would. I climbed onto bed with my aibou and held him close to me.

Yugi, upon feeling my presence, snuggled closer to me. Though he was used to the cold weather, I however was not. I was grateful for the extra heat when we were close together. In Egypt, we had hot weather all year long except during the night. In the night, the temperature drastically plunges, but we have a fire to keep us warm.

Eventually, the day's events caught up with me and I too fell asleep.

Cracking open my eyes, I discovered Yugi still fast sleep next to me. I can hear him breathing steadily. Glancing over at the clock, I read 6:04 am. It can't be that early, can it? Oh well, I might as well get up, seeing as I can't fall back asleep.

As I tried to stand up, Yugi wouldn't let go of me. He had a tight grip on me. I didn't want to wake him so I tried to gently pry his hands off of me. His response was to tighten his grip on me. Sighing, I laid back down in bed. As I waited for my aibou to wake up, I took my time studying him. Everything seemed to be in the right place. I don't know how much time elapsed, but I found myself staring into my aibou's lovely violet eyes.

"Morning Yami," Yugi greeted me rather sleepily.

"Good morning, Aibou," I returned along with a kiss on his forehead.

"What are we going to do today?" Yugi asked me with a hint of hope in his eyes.

"What do you think we're going to do?" I asked him. When he gave me a confused look, I answered his silent question. "You don't think I would forget your special day?" I asked with a mock hurt written all over my face.

"I know you wouldn't," my aibou smiled at me. His warms lips pressed against my cheek in a butterfly kiss.

"I plan on spending the day with you," I answered him. "Just the two of us."

"Come on, let's go see how the others are doing," Yugi jumped out of bed and started tugging on my arm. He had this mischievous look in his eyes.

"I'd thought we have breakfast by ourselves," I said slightly panicked. I didn't want Yugi to go into the dining area, since they had already started decorating the room. Not this morning. They began last night.

"Are you saying we have room service?" my hikari teased me.

"I'm sure I can arrange that," I said standing up. "Wait here." Yugi was about to protest, but when he saw me, he kept his mouth shut. He knew when I had made my decision, I wouldn't change it.

A quarter of an hour, I arrived with a tray full of food. Since the cooks had begun to prepare breakfast, I didn't have to wait for them. They soon loaded a plate full of food along with a few other things. Does Yugi even eat that much? Yugi nearly knocked me over when I brought the food to his room. He has been hanging around Joey too much, in my opinion.

"Have you been taking lessons from Joey?" I teased my lighter half, who stuck out his tongue in response before diving into the food.

While my hikari stuffed his face, I thought it would be better if I waited before I gave him the first part of his present. I learned this song secretly.

"What do you have in mind for today?" My hikari asked me once had finished and gotten ready.

"Anything you want to do," I purred into his ear. He had finally finished eating. I never knew he was that hungry this morning.

"I want to spend time with you," Yugi said as he snuggled against me.

"This is getting us nowhere," I sighed while wrapping my arms around him. Now seemed like a good time as any. I gently lifted Yugi off of my lap and reached into my bag for the tape player.

My aibou cocked his head to one side. He wondered what I was doing with a tape player. Soon he shall find out. Clearing my throat, I hummed a few notes before plunging into the song.

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I say would it be a sin
(Be a sin)
If I can't help falling in love with you
Like a river flows (Oooh)
To the sea (Oooh)
So it goes
Some things are meant to be
Some things are meant to be

[CHORUS]
Take my hand (take my hand)
Take my whole life too (life too)
For I can't help falling in love with you

Wise men say only fools rush in
But I, I can't, I can't help Falling in love (falling in love) With you (with you)

Like a river flows (Oooh)
To the sea (Oooh)
So it goes
Some things are meant to be
Some things are meant to be

[CHORUS x2]

Like a river flows
That's the way it goes
I just can't help fallin' in love with you
(Fallin' in love with you)
Like a river flows (yea yea)
That's the way it goes(cause I can't)
Fallin' in love with you
Like a river flows (I just can't help myself)
That's the way it goes
I can't help falling in love with you
(I can't help falling in love with you) [x2]

Fallin' in love with you

Once I had finished singing the song, my cute aibou grabbed the tape player and set it aside. His large violet eyes sparked as he snuggled against me, pressing his warm body against mine. "That was beautiful. I never knew you could sing."

"There are more sides to me than dueling," I smiled fondly at him. "I don't remember when I first started, but I do know it was back in Egypt."

"You should do it more often," Yugi giggled as we sat there. "And thank you."

Leaning down, I cupped his chin and kissed him. As we kissed, someone happened to walk in on our scene. I heard the door open and a startled yelp before hearing the door slam shut. Oh Crap!!! If that who was I think it was, then I have some explaining to do. I gently lifted Yugi off my lap and placed him on the chair before running out of the room.

/Yami, what are you doing?/

//Going to find someone.// I answered my hikari. Pausing for a moment, I heard the sound of Seto grumbling.

"Seto," I spoke up. Apparently, he hadn't notice me enter the room.

Completely surprised, Seto jerked back and faced me. "What do you want?" He radiated with hatred and anger.

"What has gotten into you?" I asked him sternly.

"It's none of your concern," Seto spat out at me.

"You're one of Yugi's friends, which makes you mine," I reasoned.

Seto's brow twitched as I made this announcement. "Just friends?" He spat out again.

"Don't tell me you have a crush on my aibou?" I had asked the billionaire.

"And what if I do?" the older Kaiba growled at me.

"Sorry, but Yugi and I hooked up," I sighed at Seto's anger.

Seto appeared to be on the verge of breaking down. "I should have known."

"It's okay," I assured him. "We didn't tell anyone."

He shook his head. "I saw the signs, but I was in denial. I thought it was a yami-hikari thing, but when I saw you kissing Yugi……….."

"Don't worry," I assured him. "You'll find someone. Someone who will love you for who you are. I know I have."

"You're not helping," Seto scowled a little before softening. "But thanks for trying to cheer me up." He leaned back against the wall.

"If you need someone to talk to, you know Yugi and I are here for you," I said while watching him. A thought popped in my head. "Maybe we can help you find your special other."

His eyes looked like they were going to fall out of his eye sockets if he kept this up. "No! I am perfectly capable of finding my love on my own."

"Sure," I teased him.

"Yami!!" Seto yelled at me looking like he was going to strangle me. Suddenly, he realized I was only joking around with him and laughed a little. "I should be getting back to the others."

"I should be getting back to my aibou. He'll be wondering where I wandered off to."

Wingzero: DONE!!!!!

Yami: ^_________________________^

Yugi: Yami likes the lime.

Wingzero: Oh really?

Ishtar: What about me!!!

Bakura: And me!!!

Wingzero: You will get your turns, eventually.

Seto: What about my love? At least they have one!!!

Wingzero: Oh yeah. In each chappie from now on, I will be giving small clues on who Seto's lover is going to be.

Yami: Oh goodie a game!!

Yugi: Only you can say that.

Wingzero: This person is a male.

Yami: -- That doesn't help.

Wingzero: Cause it's the first clue, silly!

Ray: *ends the chappie before anyone could get hurt*