Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ YuGiOh goes to Hogwarts! ❯ Kaiba's Here! ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(Kaiba's Mansion ---1 month ago)
 
It was a peaceful day. Birds are singing their songs, the wind is blowing a cool summer breeze, children are having fun, and unfortunately Seto Kaiba is stuck in his room working on his computer. As always, he's grumpy and doesn't like to be disturbed, until a white fluffy owl came to his window and pecked on it. Seto turned around and glared at it.
 
“What the hell is this owl doing….?”
 
He then realized that the owl is holding something under its claws. As he opened the window, the owl quickly dropped something and flew off. Seto thought this is some kind of a joke, as he picked up what seems to be a letter.
 
“Hey big brother! What's up!” Mokuba greeted as he entered the room. Seto turned around and smiled at his little brother.
 
“Nothing much….I just received a weird letter from an owl…..”
 
“From an owl??” Mokuba asked.
 
“Can I see it?”
 
“Sure, do whatever you want with this letter,” Seto replied as he hands the letter to Mokuba.
 
“You're right, this is weird…” Mokuba commented.” The address is too…….specific”
 
He then read the address out loud:
 
Mr. Seto Kaiba
Kaiba's office, Kaiba Mansion
21st Street
Domino City
Japan
 
Mokuba then opened the letter and read the letter out loud to his brother, who went back to work on his computer. ((The letter is the same as Yugi's letter, so I'm not going to re-type the letter….))
 
“What the heck?! A witch and wizards school?” Seto asked.
 
“Yep. Plus, there's even a school supplies list in the letter,” Mokuba added.
 
“What the hell is wrong with this world?? First it's Yugi and his hocus-pocus nonsense, then its “real” monsters that terrorized this city, and now there's a school where geeks go and learn magic!?!?!?”
 
He couldn't stand it anymore. Almost everyone he knows now believes in weird “hocus-pocus nonsense,” including his little brother.
 
“Aww come on Seto. It's not that bad. Why don't you go Hogwarts and see it for yourself?”
 
“No way! I'm not going to some geek school!” Seto snapped.
 
“Please?”
 
“No.”
 
“Please??”
 
No!”
 
“Pleeeaaaassseee???”
 
NO! And that's final!”
 
Seto and Mokuba glared at each other, then Seto took the letter and crumpled it in his hand.
 
“Look Mokuba….magic isn't real. It's only trickery and gadgets that magicians use to make it look like magic. Things aren't always what they seem.” Seto explained.
 
“Besides, I think this is some kind of a prank..”
 
“But Seto! It is real!” Mokuba exclaimed.
 
“I already told you! It's not! Now go back to your room and do your homework!” Seto shouted and he crossed his arm.
 
“But it could be real….” Mokuba insisted. Then, he gave Seto the biggest, cutest puppy dog eyes that Seto has ever seen. Whenever Mokuba beamed him the look, Seto's hard shell of toughness begins to melt on the inside. He can never say “no” to Mokuba's face. He began to feel weak inside, and then he smiled.
 
“Fine…..I'll go…” Seto said weakly. Mokuba dropped his puppy dog eyes and gave his big brother a big brotherly hug.
 
“Yay! Thank you Seto! Tha-” He was cut short when Seto softly pinched his ear.
 
“But if this whole school thing is a hoax, I'm not going to give you any allowances for a year when I come back. Understood?” Seto said as he smirked.
 
“What?! But-”
 
“Agree my terms or I don't go.”
Seto hold out his hand, hoping that his little brother would make a deal. Mokuba hold out his hand and shook on it.
 
I hope this school IS real….” Mokuba thought.
 
(Flashback ends)
 
“KAIBA!!?!?” Joey shouted in surprise. He shouted so loud that almost everyone in the airport heard it.
 
“Whoah there! No need ter shout. So I guess yer all know him too..”Hagrid said.
 
“Yeah. Unfortunately he's our least favourite person to meet.” Marick said.
 
“Wow…what a surprise,” Ryou said dully.
 
“Oh great! It's you geeks again….and your mutt,” Seto said, glaring at Yugi…. and Joey, who looks like he's really going to kill someone.
 
“Why you---”
 
“Calm down Joey.” Yugi said, as he, Marick, and Ryou tried to restrain him for trying to pounce on Seto.
 
“Hey! Stop it you guys! We don't want to attract some attention here.” Hagrid said, as a couple of police officers are going to their direction. Hagrid turned around and saw a red double-decker bus stopped in front of them
 
“Oh look! Our bus is here. Let's hurry on, shall we?”
 
Hagrid quickly pushed them into the bus and hastily put their luggage in the compartment of the bus. He went inside the bus and told the driver to go to the “Leaky Cauldron.”
 
“Leaky Cauldron?” Bakura asked as he sat down behind the driver.
 
Hagrid turned around and sat down across from Bakura.
 
“Leaky Cauldron is a pub that muggles cannot see. Oh by the way, muggles mean non-magic folks.” Hagrid explained.
 
“Why are we going to a pub? And why can't they see it???” Yugi asked, who sits behind Bakura with Joey.
 
“Because we put a magical barrier on it so that they can only see an empty space. Only magic folks can see them…” Hagrid then explained that it's a famous hangout for witches and wizards, and behind the pub is a gateway to Diagon Alley. Marick, Bakura, Yugi, and Joey seems fascinated, but Seto, as always, is grumpy as ever and sits all the way at the back. Hagrid also told them the details about Hogwarts and its history, including the four founders.
 
“The names of the four founders are also the name of houses in school: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Gryffindor house are known for their bravery, Ravenclaw house are known for their cleverness, Hufflepuff house are known for their hard-work, and Slytherin house are known for their cunnings.”
 
“Wow…I wonder what house I'm going to be in..” Yugi said in amazement.
 
“Yeah! Maybe I'm going to be in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor,” Marick said.
 
“We'll see….” Hagrid said.
 
For what seems like hours, they arrived in front of a dark, tiny, grubby-looking pub. They can see lots of people passing by it without a glance of the pub. Then again, they can't really see that a magical pub is there. Their eye slid from the big bookshop on one side to the record shop on the other side. For a famous place for magicians, it's dark and shabby.
 
“Wow…nice place you got here…” Marick commented.
 
“Gentlemen! Welcome to Leaky Cauldron!”