Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ YuGiOh goes to Hogwarts! ❯ SHOPPING SPREE!! ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

10:48 p.m
 
“Good night you guys!”
 
“Yeah, goodnight Ryou and Marick.”
 
As they left JY's room, Joey jumped into his bed in his blue PJ. Unfortunately, he's too excited to go to sleep, so he decided to count the stars on the ceiling to pass the time. Yugi came out of the bathroom in his dark blue PJ and stared at Joey.
 
“Uhh..Joey? What the heck are you doing?”
 
“I can't sleep Yug. I'm too excited for the big day tomorrow.”
 
“Same here. I don't think I can sleep tonight.”
 
“Wanna count the stars with me?
 
Yugi nodded and jumped into his bed. He took off his millennium puzzle and lay down on his bed. They're so fascinated on how the stars shined so brightly indoors, they wondered what kind of spell or illusion is it. They we're able to find the big and little dipper, Cassiopeia, Orion, and lots more. They even find clusters of stars that looked like duel monsters and Joey found one cluster that looks like Yugi. They laughed and had a good time, until they feel sleepy. Joey yawned and pulled his blanket up.
“Good night Yug….”
Feeling sleepy as well, Yugi yawned and fluffed his pillow to feel comfortable.
“Good night Joey…”
As Yugi closed his eyes, he feels that he's going to have a really good night sleep……….or is he? Three hours late, he began to toss and turn all around his bed muttering a few words under his breath. Yami came out of the puzzle and looked down at Yugi. He tried to wake him up, but it's no use.
“Yugi? Wake up Yugi. You're having a bad dream again…wake up!” Yami whispered.
This is probably the most haunting dream Yugi has.
(Yugi's Dream)
Even though his dream is faint, he could still see himself running through a dark forest under a crimson moon in his black robe. Everywhere he goes, he sees what seem to be dead bodies. This is too much for him. So much fear and hatred is running through his veins. He then reached a willow tree that is ten times taller than the other trees around it. His eyes widened and he dropped his wand. There are more dead bodies hanging around it, but there's something more than that…….there are his friends. Ryou, Marick, and even Joey are hanging on the trees dead. There are even some people he doesn't recognize are hanging on the tree: a redhead, a girl with long dirty blonde hair, and a couple of students that attends Hogwarts. Yugi dropped onto his knees and began to cry. Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice.
 
“Yugi……get out of here….”
 
Yugi turned around and saw Yami. He's tied up in mid-air.
 
“Yami!” Yugi cried.
 
Suddenly, he heard sinister laughs behind Yami. For some reason, Yugi recognized two of the laughs, but he doesn't know what the third laugh belonged to. It sounds even more sinister and more evil than the other two. Three dark figures soon appeared behind Yami. One figure took out his wand and muttered a few words under his breath.
 
“NOOOO!” Yami cried, and soon the whole area is engulfed in green light….
 
(End of Yugi's Dream)
 
“AARRGGHH!!” Yugi shouted and stumbled out of bed. Yugi quickly looked around and realized that he's still in the room, and Joey, who's not in his PJ anymore, is staring at him, including Yami.
 
“Are you ok?” Yami asked.
 
“Yeah, I'm fine…” Yugi panted.
 
“What happened Yug? Bad dream?” Joey asked.
 
“Yeah….it's just a horrible nightmare….”
 
“Man…me and Yami were worried about you((did I mention that Joey can see Yami now???))”
 
“Don't worry…I'm fine now…” Yugi said as he stood up, “What time is it?”
 
“It's 9 in the morning. Ryou and Marick are already in the diner to get some breakfast. I decided to wait for you.”
 
“Oh! You shouldn't do that Joey…”
 
“Meh! Oh well, at least you're awake now. Come on, a cup of coffee and a couple of pancakes will make you feel better.”
 
Yugi smiled, “Thanks Joey….”
 
10:03 a.m
“So? How's your stay?” Hagrid asked the gang, except Seto is not with the gang.
 
“It's really cool! The room is full of stars and I slept peacefully Ryou said happily.
 
“Yeah….except I couldn't sleep…due to your loud snoring…..!” Marick said, grumpily.
 
They are all in the diner eating their pancakes and bacon.
 
“I do not snore!” Ryou snapped and crossed his arms.
 
“Then how do you explain these bags under my eyes!?” Marick exclaimed, pointing at his droopy red eyes.
 
“I guess you couldn't sleep then…..”
 
“Argh!”
 
“Hey theres…could you guys calm down? Is this how you would behave in a beautiful morning?” Hagrid asked.
 
“Well, they didn't really behave like this before….so this is at first..” Yugi said as anime-style sweat drops down his head.
 
“Hey, where's Seto?” Hagrid asked as he looked around.
 
“Oh him? He's eating his breakfast in his room. He doesn't want to attract attention…” Marick said dully.
 
After they finished their breakfast, they quickly left the diner to clean up and get ready for shopping. Hagrid knocked on Seto's door.
 
“What do you want?” Seto called in his room.
 
“Seto! It's time to buy your school supplies.”
 
“Is it really necessary?”
 
“Yes Seto!”
 
“Hmph! Fine!”
 
Seto opened the door. “Lets go and get this over with!”
 
They soon arrived at Diagon Alley, and they're so excited to get started.
 
“Well, since you guys are going to Hogwarts first time, we'll have to buy both first and sixth years supplies.” Hagrid said. “First, lets get your uniforms.”
Like little kids, they all ran to a small shop called “Madam Malkin's Robes of All Occasions.” A squat witch stared at them as they entered the shop.
 
“Are you all first years??” she asked.
 
“Well…not exactly,” Yugi replied.
 
“Oh hello Madam Malkin! They're foreign sixth years, so this is their first year at Hogwarts,” Hagrid explained.
 
After what seems like hours, they all got their uniforms. The gang thought that the uniforms looked interestingly dull, but Seto had a different thought
 
“This is stupid! I look like a ******* dork in this!!” Seto complained.
 
Next, they went to a bookshop called “Flourish and Blotts.” They stayed there for hours because they were fascinated by the kinds of book. Marick looked at a book called Curses and Counter Curses (Bewitch your friends and Befuddle your Enemies with the Latest Revenges: Hair Loss, Jelly-Legs, Tongue-Tying and much, much more!) by Professor Vindictus Virdian. Marick made an evil I'm-going-to-get-you-for-this grin. He was about to read the first page of Hair Loss, when Hagrid grabbed the book. ((hehehehehe! I luv this part ^_^))
 
“Don't even think about it….”
 
After that, they went to a Cauldron Shop to buy their very own cauldrons. Joey really wanted to buy a solid gold cauldron so that he can sell it off in the internet when he gets home, but Hagrid wouldn't allow it.
 
“It said Pewter on yer list….and don't even think about stealing it, Ryou!” Ryou gave a big innocent smile and put down the cauldron.
 
“Now why would I do a thing like that??”
 
They also bought a couple of ingredients for Potion Class (“Ewwww! I'm not going inside! There's nasty stuff in there and it smell,” Yugi said), a brass telescope, and sets of scales for weighing ingredients in the Apothecary Shop.
 
Geez…why do I feel like I'm babysitting a couple of kids here…?” Hagrid thought.
 
Hagrid checked their lists again to see what else they need.
 
“It appears that you all need yer wands only ­­­­­­­­­­­-----oh yeah, who wants a pet?”
 
They all looked at each other.
 
“Why do we need a pet?” Seto asked.
 
“Well, it's optional, but pets are really handy when it comes to using magic. I prefer owls because they can deliver mail fer you. Plus, toads are really old-fashion, yeh'd get laughed at----cats, on the other hand, makes me sneeze,” Hagrid explained.
 
“Oh I want one!” Yugi exclaimed.
 
“Me too!”
 
“Me three!”
 
“Me four!”
 
“Not me..” Seto said dully, “besides, I got my laptop to send emails to my little brother and my company.”
 
“Laptop?” Hagrid asked, “well, if it's muggle machine, it won't work in Hogwarts..”
 
“And why is that?!” Seto snapped.
 
“Well..Hogwarts have special barrier so that muggle can't see us. From what I heard, because there's lots of static interference, muggle devices cannot work there..”
 
Seto looked really pissed, but….
 
“Fine, get me an owl that deliver messages faster than others..”
 
“Alright, then it's settled! I'll get all five of you an owl. But first, lets get you all a wand.”
 
They went to a narrow shabby shop that read “Ollivanders: Maker of Fine Wands since 382 B.C” on the door.
 
“382 B.C??” Joey said. “This place must be thousands of years old!”
 
“I'll be waiting outside if you guys need me,” Hagrid said.
 
As they entered, a tinkling bell rang somewhere in the depths of the shop. It's so small and the lights are dim, so they can't really see anything. Yugi felt really strange about the place….and so does Yami.
 
“Yugi…I felt a familiar energy in here….”
 
“Really?” Yugi said quietly, so that the others can't hear him.
 
“Yeah….it feels like I've been here….somehow….”
 
“Good afternoon, gentlemen,” said a soft voice.
 
Yugi looked to where the voice came from. A loud crunching noise came closer to them. Then, an old man appeared out of the darkness. He had wide, pale eyes that shined like a moon through the gloom of the shop.
 
“Hello there…” Ryou said nervously.
 
“Ah! New students of Hogwarts, right?”
 
They nodded. Then, he turned to Yugi and stared at him.
 
“Yes yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon, Yugi Motou.”
 
Yugi stared at him in confusion.
 
“What do you mean by that??”
 
He began pacing around Yugi in such interest.
 
“I remember every customer I sold wands to, Mr. Motou, or should I say…..Pharaoh.”
 
Yugi began to feel uncomfortable with him circling around him.
 
“You mean you know him??”
 
“Yes, it's seems like yesterday when I sold him his first wand. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow and yew,”
 
Yugi stared at him for few minutes, then at Yami.
 
“Is this true?”
 
“I'm not sure, I'll have to really think about this…”
 
“Don't worry, his memory will come back soon. I think it's best that he remembered his past, then me telling him.”
 
The group stared at the old man.
 
“The Pharaoh was here, huh?” Marick said quietly.
 
“Alright! Lets get you all a wand, shall we?”
 
It took the group a long time trying to figure out what kind of wand to buy (“it's really the wand that chooses the wizard, of course” said Mr. Ollivander). One hour later, Joey got himself an Eleven Inches Rosewood, Ryou got an Eight and a half inches ebony and unicorn hair, Marick got a Nine inches Beechwood and Dragon heartstrings, and Seto(who didn't like swishing around the wands to figure out what kind of wand is right for him) got himself a Thirteen and a half inches Yew. Yugi seems to be having trouble finding a right wand for him. Even tried the same kind of wand that Yami used a long time ago, but didn't work until….
 
“Try this one: Twelve inches willow and phoenix feather, very powerful and whippy.”
 
He handed him the wand. Suddenly, Yugi felt a powerful energy surging through his whole body. He felt even more relaxed and powerful than before.
 
“Oh bravo! Very good…how curious…”
 
“What's curious?” Yugi asked.
 
“I remember where every ingredient came from. It so happens that the willow in that wand came from the same willow tree I used to make the Pharaohs and so as the phoenix feather…”
 
Yugi swallowed.
 
“Are you guys done yet??” Hagrid asked as he entered the shop.
 
“Yes yes. There are all done. That will be 20 Galleons and 12 Sickles please.”
 
Yugi felt awkward as the gang left the shop. He feels surprised and spooked at the same time.
 
“Are you ok Yug? You looked pale..”
 
Yugi nodded.
 
“I'm fine. Don't worry.”
 
They were on their way to Eeylops Owl Emporium, when Hagrid heard a familiar voice behind them.
 
“Hagrid? What are you doing here?”