Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ YuGiOh goes to Hogwarts! ❯ The New DADA Teacher ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

((Sorry I haven't updated for a long long time. I had to study for my final exam, and it sucks! I seriously hate Social Studies……… Anyways, I hope you like this chapter. I think this chapter is lame and boring, and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the Yami's and Voldemort's “Great Plot”. It's going to take a while. Please comment, and maybe you guys can give me some ideas on the “Great Plot.”
 
JoeyWheeler2005, I don't think your constructive critisism are “flames”. Besides, it's the only way an author can get better at writing stories. Give me more of those, and I'll probably be as good as J.K Rowling………or at least as close ^_^))
 
“Oh my gosh. Look, it's him.”
 
“Where??”
 
“Next to Harry Potter. The guy with really spiky hair.”
 
“With a big fat necklace?”
 
“Yeah, he's the Duelist Champion in the world from Japan.”
 
“Really??”
 
Everywhere Yugi and Joey go, whispers follow. Apparently, from what Hermione had observed, only muggle-born students recognize Yugi and Joey, and especially Yugi. Some of the students tried to get Yugi's autograph, while others tried to get Yugi photo, like Colin Creevey and his younger brother.
 
“Can we have a picture of both of you?” Colin asked Yugi and Joey.
 
“Sure!” Joey replied with enthusiasm, even though he's getting really annoyed with the publicity.
 
“At least you're not getting a lot of attention….” Ron whispered to Harry.
 
“Now you can live and study here peacefully.”
 
Yugi wished that he were invisible because he's trying to concentrate on remembering where all his classrooms are. Hogwarts is the biggest school he ever been in. There are about one hundred forty staircases of different kinds and probably thousands of doors that will lead into different kinds of rooms. Joey thought that some of them might lead into a different dimension, which sort of scared him.
 
“Don't worry,” Ron said, “If you ask politely, the door won't send you somewhere else, and whatever you do, don't bang the door, or it will get angry.”
 
There first class is Charms with Professor Flitwick. When Yugi and Joey first saw the professor, Yugi's eyes widened and Joey couldn't help stop laughing because Professor Flitwick is so small. Apparently, Professor Flitwick cast a Silence Charm on Joey so that he can continue the class without any “disruption.” The Gryffindor has the class with Hufflepuff, so Marik is also there to laugh at Joey. Yugi, Joey, and Marik are quite amazed at what they learned. They learned how to do the Bubble-Head Charm, which Harry remembered from the Triwizard Tournament. What's even amazing is that they're able to do it on their first try. Students are having a hard time trying to get the bubble to cover their head, including Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
 
“Oh my! Excellent! Five points each for Yugi, Joey and Marik.”
 
After the class is dismissed, Yugi, Joey, and Marik kind of wondered why they were able to do it, while the other students didn't.
 
“I can't believe you guys were able to do it. This is your first time using your wands and you're not even in first years!” Ron exclaimed.
 
“I guess we got lucky,” Marik assumed.
 
“There's no such thing as luck in magic.” Hermione snapped.
 
“I guess there is now.” Joey said.
 
But Yugi didn't think so. While he's going to his next class, he kind of wondered if it has something to do with Yami. Then again, neither he nor Yami are entirely sure what's going on. He's still wondered about what the hat said to him. Is it true that Yami was the prince that attended the school?
 
“Hey Yug, are you ok? You look kind of out of placed.” Joey said.
 
“I'm fine.” Yugi said as he tries to smile.
 
“I've got to get going. My next class is Transfiguration with Professor McGonagall.” Marik said.
 
“We have History of Magic with Professor Binn. We'll see you at lunch?”
 
“Yep. I'll tell Ryou if I see him.”
 
As Marik walks away, Joey smiled happily.
 
“I can't wait to get to the next class! I hope it's a lot more interesting than History in our old school!”
 
“I wouldn't count on that mate,” Ron said.
 
As Professor Binn, the only ghost teacher in the school, talks about the history of the Renaissance, Joey slept through the whole thing. Yugi tried to wake him up because Joey began to snore. Both the Gryffindors and the Ravenclaws laughed, except for Seto, who only snickered. Professor Binn soon realize that Joey wasn't paying attention and gave Joey his first detention. Joey has to write down fifty sentences saying, “I will not sleep during class.”
 
“Awwww man. It's only my first day at school, and I got my first detention….” Joey said.
 
“This isn't your first time you had detention. Remember last time, in hist--”
 
“Yeah yeah. Whatever…”
 
“Well, look at a bright side, you snored and you didn't slobber.”
 
“Hmph!”
 
“So what's our next class?” Yugi asks Harry, trying to change the subject before Joey goes berserk.
 
“DADA with Professor Shadi.” Harry replies.
 
“DADA?”
 
“Defense Against the Dark Arts,” Hermione answers.
 
“Oh. This should be interesting….”
 
“What's Professor Shadi like? Weird? Crazy? Mysterious???” Ron asks.
 
“More like mysteriously weird,” Joey replies. “The only thing we know about him is that he's a guardian of the tombs in Egypt, I think.”
 
A new question just popped up in Yugi's mind. If he's the guardian of the tombs and the Millennium items, what in the world is Shadi doing here? Is there something that he needs to protect? Is it Yami? If it is Yami, then what's Joey and the others doing here? One question leads to another, and they're swimming in his mind.
 
Few minutes later, they reached the door to the DADA room. As they enter, they felt like they just jumped into another dimension, because the whole room is filled with ancient artifacts from Egypt. Egyptian paintings are hanging on the walls, what used to be old brown curtains are now replaced by white silky curtains, and there are many small artifacts and books on golden shelves. Bewildered, the gang didn't realize that the class and Shadi are waiting for them to sit down.
 
“Would you like to take a seat, gentlemen?”-he then stares at Hermione-“and my lady?”
 
Startled, they quickly took their seat in the middle of the room, so that they can see everything in the room. Joey heard Ron said, “cool” as they sat down. Shadi chuckled for a bit, and then went to the front of the class.
“Welcome to your 6th year of Defense Against the Dark Arts. As some of you might not know, my name is Professor Shadi and I'll be your teacher for the remaining school year.”
 
Small whispers echoed around the room. Harry, Ron, and Hermione seems disappointed from Yugi's view. They told him that they never had a “permanent” DADA teacher for the past 5 years, and those teachers had their reasons: one is Voldemort's slave, a fake, a werewolf, a mad man, and their previous one is a chaotic control freak. What will they think of Shadi?
 
“This year, not only you will learn how to counter spells, but you will also learn about long-term curses and imprisonment spells. This is what the Egyptians thousands of years ago are good at.”
 
For an hour, he explained about the history of Egypt and its ancient stories. Yugi was hoping that he would tell the story about the pharaoh, Yami, and his battle against the sorcerer, but he didn't tell such thing. He also told them about the origins of Duel Monsters. It really fascinated the students, especially Ron, who keeps asking different kinds of questions. Unfortunately, the Slytherins weren't interested in such thing, including Draco Malfoy. Yugi notices that he's sleeping while Shadi is telling a story, but the professor didn't notice. After class, all the students left the room. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were about to leave the room, when they realized that Yugi and Joey wanted to stay.
 
“Aren't you coming? It's lunch time.” Ron said.
 
“Not yet. We have a couple of questions we want to ask Shadi.” Yugi said.
 
“That's Professor Shadi.” Hermione corrected.
 
“Yeah yeah whatever.” Joey said.
 
“We'll meet you guys at the Great Hall.” Harry said.
 
“Sure thing. After that, we're going to teach you guys how to play Duel Monsters.” Yugi said.
 
“Oh yeah!! I can't wait! See ya then!” Ron exclaimed as he, Harry, and Hermione left the room.
 
Yugi turned around and saw Shadi staring at him. It kind of freaks Joey out.
 
“I'll uhh…see you Yugi at the Great Hall then..” Joey said, and then he left the room.
 
Yugi and Shadi are now alone in the room.
“So Yugi Motou. We meet again.” Shadi said calmly.
 
“Yeah….I guess..”
 
Yugi have a lot of questions to ask him, but he doesn't really know where to start.
 
“You might be wondering what I am doing here, am I right?”
 
Yugi nodded.
 
“Yeah, it's just that…I thought…what are you doing here??”
 
Shadi chuckled.
 
“I am here to teach. Albus Dumbledore told me that there's no one else to trust anymore, so he appointed me, his old friend.”
 
“You mean you knew Albus?”
 
“For quite some time now. Not only he's been focusing on helping out your dear friend, Harry Potter, but he's been keeping an eye on you as well.”
 
“Why?”
 
“After you solved the Millenium Puzzle a few years ago, you released the power of the pharaoh. A pharaoh that seems to lost his memory of his long lost past.”
 
Yugi thought this is going to be a long explanation, so he took a seat just behind him.
 
“Hey, about the hat---“
 
“Ah yes. I knew your going to ask me about that sooner or later. Very well, I'll explain what the hat meant, but nothing more.”
 
He walked closer to Yugi.
 
“Can you bring out the pharaoh? He needs to hear this, personally.”
 
Then, the Millenium Puzzle glows and Yami came out of it, standing next to Yugi. Yami could see that Shadi can see him.
 
“Thousands of years ago, twelve years after the birth of the Pharaoh, he received a letter from Hogwarts, saying that he can attend the school to learn magic. But he's not the only one who received the letter. Four of his closest friends have also been accepted to the school.”
“This is starting to sound like me and the others.” Yugi thought.
 
“My Pharaoh”-Shadi turns his attention to Yami-“do you remember who are those friends that I speak of?”
 
Yami shakes his head.
 
“No, unfortunately not….” Yami said sadly.
 
Shadi chuckled.
 
“Like your friends, they too went to separate houses. Your loyal and faithful friends are: Rashid Ishtar of Hufflepuff, Bakura of Slytherin….”
 
Yami and Yugi's eyes widened in shock.
 
“Ishtar and Bakura!?” Yugi thought, “No wonder Marik has that weird expression on his face at the ceremony….”
 
“Mohammed Al Annoon of Gryffindor…”
 
“Who's that?” Yugi thought.
 
“And you'll be surprise who's your fourth friend. He used to be Yami's closest friend out of all of them.”
 
Yami went closer.
 
“Who is it?”
 
“The High Priest.”
 
Yugi's mouth dropped and Yami is looking even paler than before.
 
“What?!”
 
“Hard to believe, eh?”
 
Yugi and Yami are very speechless. At the same time, even more questions are forming inside Yugi's mind. Shadi smiles and walks to his desk.
 
“I have a couple of work to do, if you don't mind.”
 
Yugi snapped back to reality and quickly stood up.
 
“Wow…..its just so amazing….”
He turns to Yami.
 
“Yami, you did go to this school before. That's cool!”
 
“I know….but there are still more questions I must ask…”
 
“Another time, my pharaoh. Right now, I have some paper work to do. Maybe tomorrow after class.”
 
“Sure thing.” Yugi replies.
 
Yugi turns around to the door, but before he leaves, he turns around and faced Shadi.
 
“Shadi, thank you.”
 
 
“WHAT?! Are you serious?!?!” Joey exclaimed.
 
Joey, Yugi, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are at the Great Hall hanging out and eating their lunch. Yugi finished explaining to Joey about what Shadi told him and Yami. Unfortunately, Harry, Ron, and Hermione are still clueless about what they're talking about.
 
“Yeah, I couldn't believe it either! Even Yami was surprised and went pale.”
 
“Who the heck is Yami? And what in the world is Pharaoh??? What's going on here????”
 
“Pharaoh is another name for king in Egypt.” Hermione answers.
 
“Oh.”
 
“But who's Yami? I never heard of him.” Hermione said.
 
Yugi forgot that they didn't know about Yami and the Millenium Puzzle, so he explains almost everything from the time he put the puzzle together, to the times he had to save the world from utter world dominations from his foes. Harry looks a lot more surprised than Ron and Hermione.
 
“Whoah. Looks like I'm not the only one that's getting a lot of trouble……”
 
“Tell me about it mate.” Ron said.
 
“Hey, where are you going Hermione?” Joey asked as he notices Hermione leaving the table.
 
“I'm going to the library to learn more about the Pharaoh and the Millenium Items. Maybe I can help you get Yami's memory back.”
 
Yugi smiled. For a bossy know-it-all, she really likes to help people out.
 
“Thanks Hermione, I really appreciate it.”
 
“You guys coming?” Hermione asked.
 
“No way! I don't want to see another book again. Besides, Joey promised that he's going to teach us how to duel.” Ron said.
 
“Joey is going to teach you guys how to duel?” a voice asked.
 
Joey turned around and saw Marik and Ryou.
 
“I wouldn't trust him if I were you. Besides, he came in fourth place in Battle City and he's no teacher.” Marik snickered.
 
“Ah shut up…” Joey said.
 
“Hey, where's Hermione?” Ryou asked.
 
“She went to the library to learn more about the Pharaoh and the Millenium Items.” Harry said.
 
“Oh. So you guys know about the Millenium Items, huh?” Marik asked.
 
Harry and Ron nodded.
 
“Alrighty then. Lets go outside and teach you guys how to duel!” Joey said excitedly.
 
“Alright! Finally!!” Ron exclaimed.
 
“You guys meet us outside of the castle. We're going back to out dorms and get our duel disks.”