Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugivania 2 ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yugivania 2
By Sakura (L-sama no Miko)

WARNING: Possible spoilers for those who haven’t played Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
 
Chapter 3
 
The next night, Joachim had taken Yugi back to ?achtice Castle in hopes to learn the whereabouts of Yugi’s long thought deceased lover.
Yugi had to keep himself from gagging, the smell of blood and death was overpowering. They had been shown to the dungeons where their hostess had been doing what she would eventually be known for – torturing and killing pretty, young, girls. Joachim frowned at her in disdain, but said nothing since he had no intention of being rude. Besides what others of their kind did in their homes was no concern of his, no matter how disgusting.
“Joachim darling!” she squealed, dropping the poor peasant girl she’d been feeding from. “What a pleasant surprise! Had I known you’d be coming, I’d have made myself a bit more presentable. Come, the dungeons are no place for receiving guests,” she said, leading them away from the horrid scene, for which Yugi was extremely grateful. “Oh and I see you’ve brought little Yugi along with you. Where is Dartz? Surely I thought he and Yugi were to go on a holiday.”
Joachim frowned at the cruel kyuuketsuki’s name. “I’m afraid I have some sad news, Lady Báthory. Sir Dartz has met with a most unfortunate ‘accident’,” he said in mock sadness. Yugi was hard pressed not to giggle, knowing the truth behind his master’s ‘accident’.
“Oh no! He was such a handsome man! Oh you poor dear!” She then swooped upon the petite kyuuketsuki and before he knew it, was in a vise like hug. “To lose one’s sire so young!”
“Had I gotten to Sir Dartz’s a few moments sooner, I might have been of some help,” the silver haired man said, politely extricating Yugi from their hostess. “As penitence for my incompetence, I have decided the little one will stay with me until he feels well enough to go on his own.” He then laid a hand on the smaller fledgling’s shoulder.
Erzébet pouted, “Oh poo, I was hoping he’d seek shelter with me, but I am glad it is you who is so kind enough to take him in. Some of the other vampires around here are rather, savage.”
‘You should know all about that, my lady,’ Joachim thought disdainfully. “Yes, well, that is why we are here Lady Erzébet. My young guest wishes to know where the young man he played against last night might be staying.”
“That sweet boy? Oh dear, I fear you’re too late again Joachim darling. He and his rather intriguing companion have left.”
“C-Companion?” Yugi asked, praying it was his sire.
“Oh, that’s right, you didn’t meet him last night. You and that naughty Dartz left so fast I had completely forgotten to introduce you. Lord Marik said they were going to do a bit of traveling. Probably off to see more of Europe or something like that.”
‘Marik-sama’s alive?!’ Yugi thought, joyfully, though his heart was still heavy. It seemed that Bakura didn’t make it out the fire at all, his corpse probably desecrated by the peasants who set the fire.
“I see,” Joachim said, bowing, “so sorry to have bothered you Lady Erzébet. We’ll be on our way.”
“Aww, but you just got here! Do stay for dinner, I have just acquired the most exquisite ‘wine’.”
“As much as we would love to stay, my lady, I’m afraid we have a bit of traveling of our own to prepare for. My estate is rather far and the little one needs to take care of a few things before we leave.”
“Oh poo,” she said pouting again. “I trust you’ll come visit me again soon?”
“Oh course, Lady Báthory. I’d be honored to see your lovely face again.” Joachim then bowed again and kissed her multi-ringed hand.
“Such a charmer!” she said lightly slapping his arm. “Do take care, little one. And don’t forget to write!” she called as they left the castle keep and boarded the carriage waiting for them.
 
*************
 
Yugi hung his head as the carriage and wagon bounced and rocked on their way to his new temporary home. “I am truly sorry, dear one,” his silver haired companion said, laying a sympathetic hand on his arm. “Perhaps once you’re a bit stronger, we will go looking for your friends.”
“Y-You’d do that for me, Joachim-sama?” he asked, struggling to hold back the bloody tears threatening to fall.
“Yes, Yugi, I would,” he said mournfully. “I know all too well what it’s like to miss those you love.”
Yugi looked at the older kyuuketsuki, wondering what had happened to make him so sad. “Your sire?” he questioned.
“Lilith forbid!” he spat vehemently, causing poor Yugi to squeak in fear and jump away from the hand that had been stroking his spiky hair. “I’m sorry, Yugi,” he said apologetically, patting the seat next to him. “It’s that my sire and I… when I first saw you and him it reminded me of my own sire.”
Yugi’s amethyst eyes widened in shock. This powerful, yet kindly kyuuketsuki had a master like Dartz?! He waited for Joachim to explain further, but he remained silent. It would be several minutes before the taller one spoke again.
“The one I was talking about was my own fledgling little one,” he said pulling him into his lap, startling him. However, the petite kyuuketsuki didn’t protest, which pleased him greatly. Joachim began petting Yugi’s hair again as it relaxed both of them.
“What happened?” the little one asked, hoping he wasn’t prying too much.
A few moments passed and it took some effort for Yugi to make out what his taller companion was saying for the stroking and rocking of the carriage was steadily lulling him to sleep. “I fear I have been following in my sire’s footsteps, dear one.” The smaller kyuuketsuki looked up, silently waiting for him to continue. “For you to understand, I must tell you everything from the beginning.”
Yugi nodded, remaining silent, snuggling into the midnight blue clad chest so he’d be more comfortable. Smiling faintly at the little one, Joachim told of a reckless son of a lesser noble lured and seduced by a kyuuketsuki named Walter with promises of great power and eternal youth. “I should have known the *bleep* was playing with me, but I went along with his lies,” he said, regretfully, “But when you’re a young man hot under the collar with ‘particular’ tastes and a rather handsome vampire offers you eternal youth and love, you’d find it pretty difficult to resist.”
The spiky haired fledgling nodded his head in sympathy. He could still remember his days as the mortal grandson of an aging toymaker and ogling other young men. That had been the one secret he had kept to himself then, not even his best friend Anzu – who he told everything to – knew of his choice of lovers.
Joachim then continued to go on how Walter had been loving and doting at first though, he tended to be a bit possessive. But that only lasted a mere fifty years. By that time, his sire had started taking others to his bed and leaving the silver haired kyuuketsuki alone for days on end. “I wouldn’t have minded about his philandering, but not the constant berating and patronizing he put me through,” he said bitterly. He went on to tell of his sire’s gradually increasing abuse and his own growing ambition to be sole ruler of Eternal Night, Walter’s castle.
“Hadn’t he been treating me like one his mindless ghouls, I would have been content to ask for equal rule, but he never saw me more than a plaything. A momentary game to pass the time,” he said hatefully, the venom practically dripping from his words. “I was still a fledgling, no more powerful than Dartz was, when I challenged him for the throne. The result was that I was locked up in the castle sewers, left to starve and die.”
Yugi gasped and trembled, remembering Marik promising a similar punishment to a taller copy of himself.
“But I didn’t die, obviously,” Joachim muttered in mock humor, “I survived, barely,” he spat, “on those poor fools either lured by Walter or promises of treasure who found their way to my oh so lavish prison.”
“I-I’m so sorry, Joachim-sama,” Yugi stammered, not even trying to wipe away the red streaks on his face.
“Don’t be, little one,” he said kissing the blood tears before wiping them away with a handkerchief. “That is all in the past, a past I no longer think of as mine.” He waited until Yugi’s tears to stop before continuing his story.
“It was in that hell that I would meet the one who’d become my fledgling,” he started again, “He was just another fool mortal dumb enough to go along with Walter’s game of kidnapping a loved one then making the hero go running all over the castle to find them.” Yugi was about to speak, but a velvet clad finger on his lips, stopped him.
“He may have been a fool, but he was the first in almost a hundred years to actually solve the puzzle and reach my humble home. He stood there looking around, his pale blond hair messed, his red and white knight’s uniform stained and torn from the obvious struggles to reach that particular part of the castle. To others he may have looked frightening or like a rather tasty meal, but to me he looked like an angel at that moment. An angel on the verge of falling, and I wanted to be the one that caught him when he did. I had never wanted anyone since Walter, but looking how he did at that moment, I just couldn’t let that *bleep* of a sire of mine get a hold of such an angel.”
“So you made him like you?”
“Not at that time, dear Yugi. The silly mortal insisted on fighting me, which I obliged of course.” Yugi gasped, only to have Joachim laugh slightly. “As you can see I came out of that alive, though not unharmed. He had an enchanted whip with him, one that had been made with alchemy.” The petite kyuuketsuki shuddered, reminded of the many times Dartz had used a similar kind of whip on him. “It wasn’t until two years later that I found my angel. I had returned to Eternal Night to learn why Walter hadn’t come after me when I left after that fight. He may have treated me like dirt, but he still wouldn’t let anyone else to touch me or I them, let alone allow me to leave the castle.
“Much to my surprise, I found the castle abandoned and Walter gone. I later found signs of a battle in the throne room, which was the biggest mess I’ve ever seen in all my immortal life. I came upon an old man living practically at our doorstep and asked him very politely, of course just what had happened to my sire.”
“What happened?” Yugi asked still enraptured by the silver haired kyuuketsuki’s tale.
“The same mortal, my angel had managed to actually slay the *bleep*! I kindly thanked the old man and went on my way, fuming that my revenge had been stolen from me by a mere frail mortal,” he continued, leaving out the fact that he had meant by thanking the mortal, by painfully killing him. Somehow he thought that wouldn’t sit well with the little one.
“I started traveling aimlessly from town to town with no real purpose of my own. That was when I finally found my angel again. It just happened that we had been going in the same direction at the time. I trailed him, letting him see me from time to time, then after a few days or was it weeks? I don’t remember. Anyway, I eventually began my plan.
“You see I wanted revenge still. Revenge against the mortal who’d killed my sire. Don’t get me wrong, I felt no love or loyalty for Walter by that time,” he said when Yugi began to question him. “I wanted to get revenge because I wanted to be the one to kill that *bleep*. I slowly began to slowly seduce my poor hurting angel. A kind word here, a gentle touch of sympathy there and not before long I had him eating out of my hand.
“I could see that he was beginning to develop feelings for me. That was what I’d been waiting for. And that was then when I exacted my revenge.”
“You made him a kyuuketsuki.”
“Yes dear one. I made him into the one thing he hated most. The perfect revenge for the thief who stole mine.”
“Didn’t he hate you for it?” Yugi asked, curious.
            “He probably did from the beginning, but he was clouded by despair and loneliness. He had left his few remaining relatives behind in search of a traitorous friend of his, thus isolating himself from human interaction. He let the feelings he had begun to develop for me do all his thinking. But, I should have known it wouldn’t last.”
“What happened?”
“A hundred years after turning him, Leon, my angel who I’d come to love like no other, just up and disappeared on me one night without so much as a single word. As to where he is or if he still lives, I do not know. I only pray that he’ll forgive me for what I’ve done and one day come back to me.” Joachim bit his lip, stifling the sobs threatening to leave his mouth, twin fangs breaking the skin slightly.
The smaller kyuuketsuki looked at him in awe. In the two short days he’d come to know him, he hadn’t expected him to be so affected by telling his tale. Feeling as if he should do something, Yugi got onto his knees, and licked away the blood red tears before kissing the taller kyuuketsuki on the lips.
“Y-Yugi!” Joachim stuttered, his red-violet eyes wide open in shock.
“You looked like you needed that,” he replied, blushing and moving away, fearing he might have insulted him.
Smiling, Joachim gathered the little one into his lap, arms firmly wrapping around him, but only tight enough so he wouldn’t escape. “Thank you, sweet, little Yugi,” he said before titling the boy’s head up and placing his lips on Yugi’s.
He had wanted the kiss to last longer, but a soft knock on the carriage door, signaled they had arrived at their destination. “Come, dear one, it is late and we are both exhausted from our journey,” Joachm said, carrying the petite fledging from the carriage, up the stairs and into the mansion.
Yugi would have protested at being treated like a doll hadn’t he been so stupefied by the silver haired kyuuketsuki’s passionate kiss. ‘C-Could he- ?’ he wondered.
“Thank you for listening, Yugi. You have no idea how much that meant to me,” he said as he continued to carry him through the lavish home.
“Y-You’re welcome J-Joachim-sama,” Yugi stammered, blushing profusely.
Chuckling, the older kyuuketsuki gently laid him down on a bed of midnight blue and moonlight silver sheets made of silk and satin. “Sleep my lovely,” he said laying down beside him and wrapping his arms around him. He then laid another quick kiss on the little one’s lips.
            “I do believe I may be falling for you, dear one,” he whispered after Yugi had fallen asleep, a slightly confused look on his otherwise peaceful face. Joachim pulled the boy closer so they were face to face and nuzzled the soft multicolored spikes, shortly drifting off to sleep.
 
~TBC~
 
Bakura: You planning on giving him back or what onna?
 
Sakura: Sore wa himitsu! ^_ -
 
Joachim: What in Lilith’s name possessed you to think I’d want anything to do with that mortal?!
 
Sakura: Oh come on Joachim! I saw the way you, were looking at him. You were soooooo totally into him! Admit it! You were eyeing him like he was an all you can eat buffet!
 
Joachim: That’s because I hadn’t eaten in a very, very, very long time! You would be starving if you were locked up in the sewers with nothing to eat but fishmen and ogres! Disgusting!
 
Sakura: Whatever dear. I just call it as I see it.
 
Joachim: Then get your eyes checked, dear.
 
Bakura: Meow! Someone’s catty.
 
Joachim: I am NOT catty! If you weren’t already dead, I’d make you suffer in such a way even your precious gods would run away in horror!
 
Sakura: That’s enough Joachim! Stop harassing Bakura-sama because you’re jealous.
 
Joachim: I am NOT jealous woman!
 
Sakura: Could have fooled me. Anyway minna, tell me what you think. The more reviews I get the faster the next chappie’ll get posted. ^_^
 
Leon: Lord have mercy on us if it does.
 
Sakura: I heard that Belmont!!! Just be grateful I don’t hand you over to you-know-who with nothing but a ribbon on for clothing. (veg)
 
Leon: (faints from loss of blood due to a massive nosebleed)
 
Joachim: Impressive.
 
Sakura: Thank you. ^_^
 
Shadow: Humans. -_-‘