Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yuugiou - King of Games ❯ Pregame Jitters ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yuugiou - King of Games
Chapter 1
Pregame Jitters
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
18-year old Shadow Lands is getting ready for a Duel Monsters tournament.
 
"Augh!" he screamed, placing his hands on his head in frustration, "I can't figure out what deck to make!" He looks through his box of commons. "Maybe some of these can help." He picks out a few and slaps them on to a stack of cards. "That'll work for now. Next up: Finding a test opponent." He pauses. "I'll call Karen."
 
19-year old Karen Osiris was asleep in her bed when her phone rang. "Who could that possibly be?" she grumbled, picking up the receiver. "Whadya want?" she mumbled into the phone.
 
"I need to test my new deck out for the tournament. Can you help me?"
 
"Shadow, is that you?"
 
"Yeah. The tournament starts in 6 hours. HELP!"
 
"Wait a minute." Karen blinked and sat up, alert. "That's today?"
 
"Yes. Grab your duel disc. I'll meet you in the park in 30 minutes, okay."
 
"Dang it," she said to herself. Then talking into the phone she said, "I'll be there."
 
----- Later that day, in the park. -----
 
Shadow is waiting around for Karen in the park. "Where is she?" he asked to nobody in particular. A blonde-haired, green-eyed girl with a duel disc on her arm is running like crazy toward him.
 
"Sorry I'm late!" she yelled to him. "I couldn't find my deck."
 
Shadow blinked his black eyes. "Don't worry, you're only 5 minutes late,' he said with a fake smile on his face. "You movin' first?"
 
Karen got into dueling distance. "Sure, why not," she responded. "Let's duel."
 
S-8000 K-8000
 
Their duel discs opened up and spewed out their hologram projectors. Both duelists drew their 5 cards. Then Karen drew again. "My move," she started. "I summon Injection Fairy Lily."
 
Injection Fairy Lily - EARTH - LV3 - Spellcaster/Effect - You may pay 2000 Life Points during the Battle Step that this card battles. If you do, increase this card's ATK by 3000 during the battle step. - 400/1500
 
<A/N: I'll be doing that the first time each card is played in this entire story. Whether it's a known card or not, just in case someone doesn't know what a card does.>
 
"Next, I set a card and end my turn," she finished.
 
Shadow drew a card for his turn. "I summon my Dark Force III*. And equip him with Silver Teardrops*."
 
Dark Force III - DARK - LV4 - Fiend/Effect - Once per turn you may discard a card from your hand. If you do, draw a card. - 900/1200
 
Silver Teardrops - SPELL - EQUIP - Halve the DEF of the equipped monster. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed in battle, and if it's destroyed by a card effect, deal damage to your opponent equal to it's DEF at the time the monster was destroyed.
 
Shadow continued his turn. "I activate Dark Force III's (900/600) effect. I discard a card, then draw a card."
 
Karen took that as an opportunity. "I activate my trap: Sinking Earth*."
 
Sinking Earth - TRAP - Activate this card when an opponent draws a card(s) outside of his/her Draw Phase. Your opponent discards half the cards in his/her hand, rounded up, at random.
 
"You have 4 cards in your hand, so now you randomly discard 2," commanded Karen.
 
A card randomizer came up and numbered his cards, 1 to 4. The randomizer then chose the numbers 2 and 4.
 
"Okay, that was so not fair," complained Shadow, discarding those two cards. "Well, that being done, I play the card I drew: Oriechalcos Kyutora, in defense mode."
 
Oriechalcos Kyutora - DARK - Fiend/Effect - Pay 500 Life Points to Special Summon this card. You cannot take Battle Damage as long as this card is face up on the field. - 500/1500
 
S-7500 K-8000
 
Shadow readied himself to attack. "Dark Force III, attack Injection Fairy Lily."
 
Karen decided to pump up Lily. "I pump up Lily (3400/1500)." See?
 
S-7500 K-6000
 
Shadow set the only card left in his hand and motioned for Karen to move. Karen drew her hand up to 5. "I summon Amazoness Sword Woman."
 
Amazoness Sword Woman - EARTH - LV4 - Warrior/Effect - Your opponent takes excess battle damage when this card battles. - 1500/1600
 
Karen reviewed her hand before making another move. "I play a Spell Card: Earth Chanter."
 
Earth Chanter - SPELL - Continuous - All of your EARTH monsters have an extra 300 ATK/DEF. Special Summon this card as an Effect Monster (EARTH/LV4/Spellcaster/1000/1000). It is still a Spell.
 
"I'll summon it in defense mode."
 
IFL: 700/1800
ASW: 1800/1900
EC: 1300/1300
 
Now it was Karen's turn to battle. " Amazoness Sword Woman, attack Oriechalcos Kyutora!" And Kyutora was destroyed.
 
"I activate my trap," retorted Shadow, "It's called Summon Flute."
 
Summon Flute - TRAP - Activate this card when one of your monsters is destroyed in battle. Special Summon 1 monster from your deck with fewer ATK than the destroyed monster.
 
"I'm surprised that's not banned yet," joked Karen.
 
"Actually, I hear it will be, next banned list," responded Shadow. "Anyway, it's limited to 1 now, so I can summon Blaze Wall in defense mode."
 
Blaze Wall - FIRE - LV4 - Pyro - 300/2150
 
"I just needed to get rid of your Eyeball," smirked Karen. "Lily, attack Dark Force III! And I'll pump her. (3700/1800)"
 
S-4700 K-4000
 
"Finally my Earth Chanter will attack Dark Force III."
 
S-4300 K-4000
 
"Your move, Shadow."
 
"My move? Then I draw." And Shadow drew. "I sacrifice my Dark Force III and my Blaze Wall to summon Dragon of the Mount."
 
Dragon of the Mount - WIND - LV7 - Dragon/Effect - When this monster is Normal Summoned, destroy up to 2 monsters on the field. - 2700/2300
 
"I'll destroy Lily and your Amazoness. Buh-bye." And lo and behold, they were destroyed. "Now my Dragon will attack your Earth Chanter," declared Shadow.
 
S-4300 K-2600
 
"So...," said Karen, "What exactly is your strategy?"
 
"Well, I couldn't decide," replied Shadow, a little embarrassed. "So I went with a little of everything."
 
"EVERYTHING?!?" screamed a surprised Karen, scaring the people who had flocked around the duel ring. "You can't just do everything! I've settled on an EARTH-attribute deck. But YOU! You're all over the place."
 
"I'm winning, aren't I?" retorted Shadow.
 
Karen couldn't argue with that. It was results that mattered, after all. "Anyway, you're done, right?" she asked. Shadow nodded. "Then it's my move. I summon Gemini Elf."
 
Gemini Elf - EARTH - LV4 - Spellcaster - 1900/600 (?)
 
"Next," she continued, "I remove my Amazoness and Lily from my graveyard to Special Summon Alisen, Princess of the Land."
 
Alisen, Princess of the Land - EARTH - Level 8 - Warrior/Effect - This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing 2 EARTH monsters in your graveyard from play. You may treat this card's Special Summon as a Normal Summon. If you do, once per turn, you may pay 800 Life Points to draw a card. - 2200/2200
 
"Finally, I play United We Stand on Alisen."
 
United We Stand - SPELL - EQUIP - The equipped monster gets 800 ATK/DEF for each face up monster you control.
 
Alisen: 2200/2000 --> 3800/3800
 
"Alisen, attack his dragon!"
 
S-3200 K-2600
 
"Now my elf twins hit you directly!" declared Karen, attacking once more.
 
S-1300 K-2600
 
"Is it my go?" asked Shadow. Karen nodded and he drew his hand up to 1. "How about I set a monster in defense mode. Go."
 
"I draw," started Karen, "and summon my Warrior Dai Grepher."
 
Warrior Dai Grepher - EARTH - LV4 - Warrior - 1700/1600
 
Alisen: 3800/3800 --> 4600/4600
 
"Gemini Elf, attack!" she declared, hoping that this would be the last turn. But alas, she was wrong. A Marshmallon popped up on Shadow's field where the facedown had been.
 
Marshmallon - LIGHT - LV3 - Fairy/Effect - This card cannot be destroyed in battle. When this card is flipped up in battle, your opponent takes 1000 damage. - 300/500
 
S-1300 K-1600
 
"Darn. Your move, you lucky boy," she said grudgingly.
 
Shadow started his turn. "I play my Cat's Ear Tribe. Go."
 
Cat's Ear Tribe - EARTH - LV3 (?) - Beast (?)/Effect - When this card is attacked, the original ATK of the attacking monster becomes 200. - 200/100
 
"Ooh. I don't have that EARTH monster. What do you want for it?" asked Karen.
 
"Duel now, trade later," was Shadow's response.
 
"Oh, fine! I draw. But you've made a mistake. Only the original ATK of the monster goes to 200."
 
"Wait a minute. Alisen..."
 
"Will keep the extra 2400 she has. Alisen, destroy Cat's Ear Tribe and finish this duel!" she commanded.
 
Alisen: 2600/4600
CET: 200/100
 
S-0000 K-1600
 
"Game over, Shadow." But Karen was... semi-compassionate. "You'll never win with an unfocused deck. Let me come over to your place to help you build your deck. Oh! And I want that Cat's Ear Tribe!"
 
Shadow just sweatdropped as he motioned for Karen to follow him. It was a huge tournament, and as much as he hated to admit it, he needed help, and lots of it.
 
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 
So, didja like it? Please review! But be nice about it.
 
END CHAPTER