Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Mental ❯ The Plan ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
The Plan
 
Quatre starred up at the large building in front of him. He sighed and walked inside. It was white. Everything. From the chairs in the waiting room to the freshly painted walls. White. There was a smell in the air…it was hard to place. It smelt of a mixture of blood and new things. What every hospital smells of. Because of a stupid war he, Duo, Herro, Wufei, and Trowa all had to be disguised as something or another. And he was a doctor. He walked up to the front desk and smiled at the young brunette sitting at it.
“Are you Dr. Winner?” she asked sweetly. He nodded.
“Very well,” she said, the smile remaining. “Doctor Kymoria is waiting for you right over there.” She pointed with her pencil to a tall man in a white coat standing in the corner. He reluctantly strutted forth to meet the doctor.
“Well Dr. Winner,” said Kymoria. “I've heard some good things about you.”
“You have?” A lump built in his throat.
“Yes,” said the doctor. Then preceded rambling about this and that and gave Quatre his schedule. And then left.
 
Quatre wandered through the halls of the hospital. Completely lost. It was then when a sudden shriek pierced the air. The screaming continued as he raced toward the sound. He looked in room 123 to find a redheaded boy, about his age in a hospital bed screaming his head off. Five nurses attempted to hold him down through his kicking and thrashing while another tried to stick him with a needle. But he just wouldn't hold still. Two more nurses pushed past Quatre to try to still the struggling boy. The teen's emerald eyes were big and terrified. Finally they were able to push the needle into his skin and his shouting was reduced to sharp, deep breaths. Footsteps approached Quatre. He turned to see Kymoria striding towards him.
“Who is that?” Quatre asked.
“Huh? Oh, that's Kurama Minimino. He's been here for a couple of years.”
“What's he here for?” Quatre questioned.
“Mentally Unstable.”
“Oh. Sorry.” The doctor raised an eyebrow.
“For what?”
“For asking,” replied Quatre.
“Ah, don't worry. You weren't the first, and certainly not the last person to ask. With all the fuss he causes around here. We're sending him to a different hospital. At first he was our little project. We tried to find somebody, a volunteer, anybody, who could help him, but nobody has been able too. We've tried operations, medication, and therapy but nothing works, he rarely talks anymore. ” Quatre's eyes lit up.
“What if I help him?” After all, helping people is what he did best. Kymoria shrugged.
“You can try. But if you can't help him that just too bad. Cause we're sending him away in two months. Quatre walked away smiling. Little did he know what he was getting himself into…
 
The next morning Quatre arrived at the hospital and went straight to room 123. Inside was the redhead. Kurama. He was lying on his bed, glaring at the ceiling.
“Hi,” Quatre said brightly. Kurama turned to glare at him. Quatre gasped at the teen's appearance. His messy crimson hair surrounded a ghostly pale face. His dead emerald eyes were sad. They gave off the message: I just want to end this life! Please! Only rimmed with anger. Quatre smiled nervously. Oh this won't be easy…