Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Defy Your Fate ❯ Three Way Battle ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer : I don't own Yu Yu Hakusho OR Inuyasha, I'm just borrowing them.

"Speaking"
'Thinking'
Telepathy



Response to Reviewers:


blackshadow - Here dude, sorry if the update's late.



In the previous chapter, Naraku plans something, but Hakudoushi is the only one who knows. Yusuke and the Inuyasha-ikkou are still searching for the Shikon no Tama, who else are they going to meet up?


Chapter 8:



-Later that afternoon-


Back at the village where the Inuyasha-ikkou and Yusuke fought Raizen, four beings walked by, three seem to be youkai, while the other one was ningen. One of them stood really tall, a crescent moon marking on his forehead, cold glaring yellow eyes, and long silvery hair. Behind him stood a short ugly little green toad, wearing brown robes, a black top hat, and holds a stafs that has two heads. The other two is a cute little girl, no more than ten, and a dragon with two heads.


"Sesshomaru-sama? what are we looking for over here?" asked the girl.


"Don't you remember?!" the green one scolded her, "Sesshomaru-sama said that he has sensed two extremely powerful ki over here, isn't that right, Sesshomaru-sama?"


Sesshomaru just kept silent as he observed the surroundings. 'The scent of Inuyasha and his group are definitely here, and there are two more,' he thought for a while, 'It would be interesting to meet them, they may even be stronger than my father.' He stood there for a while, sniffing the air. 'Hmmm, Naraku's scent is nearby, he must have sent one of his kugutsu again, but Inuyahsa and the other strong youkai defeated it,' he sniffed some more, facing the direction of Kaede's village, 'And the other one has joined Inuyasha's little group.'


After watching him stand there, the girl asked, "Is any wrong, Sesshomaru-sama?"


"Quiet, Rin! Can't you see Sesshomaru-sama is thinking?!" the green one scolded her again.


"Jaken," Sesshomaru said to the green one, "Let's go, we're going to follow the Inuyasha-ikkou."


"W-what?"


"Are you questioning me, Jaken?"


"N-no! not like that, I-I'm just curious as to why you want to follow them."


Sesshomaru turned around, "I just want to meet someone, and he's traveling with Inuyasha's group," and with that, he turned around and started walking.


"Wait for us, Sesshomaru-sama!" Rin called out to him.




-Back to the Inuyasha-ikkou-


"Too... Hot" Yusuke complained for the fifth time.


"Well, it's about summer anyway," Kagome told him, "and we all feel pretty hot."


"Pathetic, and you're a youkai," Inuyasha said with disdain.


"Hey! I just became one two years ago! So don't act all high and mighty," Yusuke retorted, "And besides, I can kick your ass anytime," he grinned slyly.


"Keh. You can't beat me, I'll beat the crap out of you before you do that."


"Oh no," Sango butted in, "Here they go again," she rolled her eyes.


"Yes, it's their 'Who is better time'," Miroku added.


"At least we got a few hours of quiet time," Shippo finished.


"Relax," Kagome told her, "It's not as bad as yesterday, right?"


"Riiiight..." The others said simultaneously.


"Hahaha! You've gotta be kidding me! I could beat you with a flick of my finger!" Yusuke answered back, flicking his finger in front of Inuyasha's face.


"Try it!" Inuyasha said, shoving Yusuke's hand away from his face.


"Ohoho! Big man!"


"Shut up, shrimp!"


"You're only an inch taller than me, so don't go boasting."


"It doesn't matter, shrimp!" 'This time it's my turn to be top.'


"Whatever man, you're just jealous that I'm stronger, so don't deny it," Yusuke grinned.




While they continued to walk and argue, they didn't see, hear or sense that three beings hidden in the shadows are wathcing them.


"Which one of them has the Shikon no Tama shard?" asked one of the three.


"The girl in the strange looking clothes," said the one in the middle, who looks to be the leader.


"Let's get them," the other one whispered.


"No," the leader stopped him, "We surprise them."


"But why?"


"That one," he looked at Yusuke, "I can sense he's strength, so we have to separate him from the others."


"How?"


"Get the others, and wait for my signal." The two complied, and disappeared.


The leader stood where he is, eyeing the group, the light was able to breach through the shadows to show a glimpse. He has piercing yellow eyes, pale skin, silvery hair, and ears that resemble Inuyasha's. "The Shikon no Tama shard is mine," he said to himself.





"Het, what's with you?" Yusuke asked Inuyasha.


"Nothing. I just thought I heard something."


"What, you're starting to hear things too?"


"I've got dog ears! Which means I can hear way better than you!"


"That's nothing to be proud about," Yusuke shrugged.


"Oh, it is, it is," Inuyasha grinned slyly this time, "I can hear what they said," he pointed to his friends, "They all say you're an idiot."


"Oh yeah? Well I bet they're saying the same thing about you!"


"They do the same things to me almost every day!"


"Are you serious?! My friends back in my time does the same things!"


Suddenly they stopped their arguing. Kagome and the others also kept quiet. Unfortunately, the silence didn't last long. "Well I bet I've had worse than you!" Yusuke suddenly said.


Inuyasha instantly replied, "Oh, you haven't seen anything these guys did to me, or did you forget the beating I got from Kagome?"


"Tch. I've had my share of punishment, I still sometimes have nightmares of being slapped by a certain someone," Yusuke started to rub his cheek.


"OH NOOO!!" the others slapped they're foreheads.


"Excuse me, but are we interrupting something?" They all turned around to see Kagura.


"Hey, who's the babe?" Yusuke asked Inuyasha.


"Babe? What babe?" Inuyasha asked back.


"The chick, the woman."


"Who, Kagura? She's a bitch."


"Really?" Yusuke snickered.


"What the hell are they talking about now?" Sango asked herself.


Kagura just unleashed a wind attack, which they all easily dodged.


"Hey! She just used a wind attack!"


"She's a wind sorceress," Inuyasha answered.


"A wind sorceress? Hey, what's your name? Kagura?"


"What is it to you?"


"You should meet up with a friend of mine, his name is Jin, he's the wind master."


"I don't care about your friend," she sent another wind attack, and used her feather to fly up to the air.


Kagura, you'd better not mess this up. Kagura heard Hakudoushi speak in her mind. She didn't like it when he looks in her mind.


She started to retreat, or so what it seems.


"Follow her!" Inuyasha called.


"Yo," Yusuke stopped them, "I'm not sure about you guys, but can't you tell that it's a trap?!"


"It doesn't matter, if we follow her, there's a chance we might find Naraku, and he's the one we have to hunt down, even if it leads to a trap," Inuyasha told him.


"Huh. Well let's go," Yusuke ran ahead.


"Did he just--" Miroku sounded beffudled.


"Heh," said Inuyasha.


"Looks like they're finally getting along," Kagome whispered to the others.


"This might this the only time they would get along," Miroku said as he rode Kirara with Sango and then followed.


"Let's go," Inuyasha carried both Kagome and Shippo and followed.


With Yusuke ahead chasing Kagura. Sango, Miroku, and Kirara, follow second. Inuyasha, Kagome and Shippo are behind. All of them unaware that someone too is following them, hiding in the shadows.


'This is a surprise, but this is my chance to get the shard,' thought the youkai. He pulled a seed from his robes and threw it in the air. The seed landed on top of a large tree, and started to grow, grow until it sprouted an enormous flower that can be seen from afar. The flower caught the attention of the youkai's group.


"That's the signal, let's go," a youkai with black hair called his companions. They set out to find their leader. And as fast as the flower grew and bloomed, it started to wilt and die. The leader again kept following behind Inuyasha.


Inuyasha began to hurry faster, knowing that Yusuke will beat him to Naraku, if Kagura brings them to Naraku. Suddnely he smelled something he didn't notice before.


"Inuyasha? What's wrong?" Kagome asked, because Inuyasha just came to a stop. He then sniffed the air.


"Come out! I know you're there somewhere!" Inuyasha demanded.


From behind the trees, the youkai showed himself. The silver hair ran waist long, wearing white robes, and has five fox tails.


"A kitsune?" Inuyasha and the other two said.


"Hey, Shippo, you know this guy?" Inuyasha asked his little companion.


"Sorry, but no."


'His eyes, they're cold and merciless,' thought Kagome as she looked at the youkai's eyes.


"Who are you!" Inuyasha demanded again.


"If you want to know, force it out of me."


"My pleasure," Inuyasha drew Tessaiga, "Kagome, Shippo get back."


"Hmm, it seems I will have a consolation prize after getting the Shikon shard," the kitsune seemed amused by the Tessaiga.


"The shard? so you're after the shard too, huh? Are you working for Naraku?" Inuyasha asked.


"Naraku? Never heard of him."


Inuyasha sniffed again, 'Well, he's telling the truth, I don't smell a single trace of Naraku on him.'


"If you give me the shard, then you won't have to suffer," the kitsune offered.


"Keh. When are you guys going to learn that I NEVER accept offers like that," Inuyasha charged at the kitsune first. But the kitsune easily, and gracefully, evaded all the strikes.


'Inuyasha can't get a hit, the kitsune is moving like water,' thought Kagome.


'Another kitsune?' thought Shippo.


"Dammit," Inuyasha raised his sword, "KAZE NO KIZU!!!"


The kitsune stepped aside, and the attack just hit a tree. But the impact made a loud sound that echoed throught the forest.


"Huh?" Yusuke stopped to look back, "What the hell is that?" he thought for a second, "They can handle themselves," he continued to chase after Kagura.


"That sounded like Inuyasha's Kaze no Kizu," Kagura said to herself, from the corner of her eye, she spotted Yusuke coming close. "Only him is chasing?" she retreated again.


"Inuyasha seems to be having some trouble," Miroku looked back, "We should go back and check it."


"But what about Yusuke?" Sango asked.


"He can handle himself, we know how strong he is."


"Alright, Kirara, let's go back!" They turned around to check on Kagome and Inuyasha.


"Answer me, dammit! Who the hell are you?! An what is it with everyone having problems giving their names!" Inuyasha shouted at the kitsune, but he just received rhe same glaring eyes.


"Keh. You're in for it. KONGOSOUHA!!!" the diamond spikes flew at the kitsune, who just jumped up in the air to avoid them.


"Gotcha! KONGOSOUHA!!!" Inuyasha fired another attack.


This surprised the kitsune, but he thought fast and pulled out another seed. He charged it with his ki and attached it on his back. The seed sprouted and turned into what looks like large butterfly wings, and propelled him up the air.


"What!?" Inuyasha was surprised by that one.


The kitsune released the attachment and landed softly. "It's time to finish this," he said. He then pulled out not a seed, but a rose, he flicked it and turned it into a long thorny whip.


"'Bout time," Inuyasha stood his guard. He made the first move and charged. Swinging his sword from every direction.


The kitsune countered also with his own whip, the clashing of sword and whip lasted for a moment. But the kitsune backed up and unleashed hundreds of flowers petals. The petals surrounded Inuyasha, distracting him for just a second. His opponent then used the whip to throw the Tessaiga away from his hand. The kitsune then lifted his other hand and delivered a hard blow to Inuyasha's chest, sending him back.


"Inuyasha! Your Tessaiga!" Kagome yelled.


"I know! but don't worry, he can't touch it," Inuyasha assured her.


"Really? We'll see about that," The kitsune reached down for the sowrd, only to feel his fingers get burned.


"Told ya," Inuyasha sneered.


"Hmm..." The kitsune rubbed his burnt fingers together, "A barrier, it prevents any youkai to grab it, so that means you're a hanyou, a half breed," the kitsune said disdainfully.


"SANKON TESSOU!!!" the hanyou charged with his hand, but he evaded it easily. Inuyasha then grabbed his sword and turned it back to it's fang form.


"Now, did you really think that attack to my chest would hurt me?" Inuyasha boastfully said.


"No, I knew it won't," The kitsune was hiding something.


Suddenly, Inuyasha felt something crawling inside of him. "WHAT THE FUCK!!? AAAAARGH!!!" vines started to sprout out of his skin, and began to wrap him, paralyzing him.


"Inuyasha!!" Kagome ran to him, but she was blocked by the kitsune.


"If you don't want him to become another tree in the forest, give me you're Shikon shard."


"What did you do to him?!!"


"I planted a seed in his chest, and it's growing rapidly, if you don't give me the shard."


"How could you?!" Shippo caught his attention.


"Another kitsune? I didn't even sense you," the kitsune sounded amused. Seeing the little kitsune on top of the girl's shoulder.


"KAGOME! DON'T GIVE HIM THE SHARD, NO MATTER WHAT!!" Everyone could hear the pain in Inuyasha's voice.


"Give the shard!" The kitsune sounded more forceful.


"No!" Kagome answered back.


"FOXFIRE!!" Shippo used his fire attack on the kitsune's face, who didn't seem affected at all. He then slapped Shippo off of Kagome's shoulder, and grabbed her necklace to get the shard.


"Shippo!" Kagome was more worried for her friend, "Okay, you have the shard, now free Inuyasha!!" she demanded.


"No, you didn't agree to my offer, so you'll have to watch him suffer, and die, if you try to stop me, you'll die too," he turned around to leave, but Inuyasha tried his best to block his path.


"Y-you're not going ANYWHERE!!" Inuyasha endured the pain, more vines coming out of his body.


"You're persistent, but it's futile."


"SHUT UP!!" Inuyasha tried to leap and attack him, but roots grew in his feet, and stuck him to the soil.


"I told you," The kitsune then proceeded his direction.


"YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!" Inuyasha lifted his foot with all his might, the roots broke. H then unleashed his wind attack, "KAZE NO KIZU!!!"


This caught the kitsune off-guard and it made a hit. The smoke cleared, and showed the kitsune's shoulder is bleeding.


"That was a lucky hit, but I'll still let you suffer pain," the kitsune disappeard into the forest.


"GET BACK HERE!!"


"Inuyasha!" Kagome rushed near him.


"Ka-go-me," Inuyasha was having a hard time speaking, "Are... you all... right?"


"Inuyasha!!" They heard Sango's voice.


"Sango! Miroku!"


"What's happening to Inuyasha?" Miroku was concerned.


"This kitsune planted a seed in him, and now he's becoming some kind of tree, he also hit Shippo" Kagome was very worried.


"Don't worry, I'm fine," Shippo got up.


"Miroku, can you stop this?" asked Sango.


"I-I don't think there's anything I can do to stop this," Miroku regretfully said.


"No..." Kagome thought fast, "Miroku, what happens if I use my miko powers?"


"Well, you're miko powers should get rid of the seed, but if it's near he's heart, you could harm him too."


"Go ahead... Kago-me..." Inuyasha's face was already getting covered in vines, "I'm stronger... than that."


Kagome then reached for Inuyasha's chest, and used her purifying powers to kill the seed. The vines started to wilt, and the seed in Inuyasha's chest began to throb hard, it was affecting Inuyasha's heart.


"AAAAGGHH!!"


"Hold on, Inuyasha!!" Kagome said.


Finally, after seconds after agonizing seconds, Inuyasha has been freed, but it took a lot of pressure, he couldn't stay up. "We have to get the shard back," Inuyasha quickly said.


"You wait here and get healed, Miroku and Sango will go find that youkai, all right?" Kagome ordered.


"Keh. You guys better get that shard back," Inuyasha looked at his two friends.


"Don't worry, let's go," Sango and Miroku rode on Kirara and flew off to find the kitsune.


"Waitaminute, where's that shrimp?" Inuyasha was talking about Yusuke.


"He's probably still after Kagura," said Kagome. She then brought Inuyasha near her and laid his head on her lap. Shippo


"Keh. He'd better not screw up."


"Inuyasha, are you saying that you trust him?" Kagome raised an eyebrow.


"I don't."





The kitsune's group wasn't able to reach in time. Instead their leader found them. "Kurama, what happened?" the youkia with black hair asked.


"It's nothing, Yomi, I got the shard, but the hanyou managed to scratch my shoulder."


"A hanyou scratched you? are you losing you're touch?" he received a glare from Kurama.


"I left him as a tree in the forest."


This left everyone quiet. "So what do we do now?" Yomi asked.


"We find the other parts, and then go back to Makai," Kurama left, and so did the others.





"Hey!" Yusuke shouted.


"What!" Kagura shouted.


"Who is this Naraku guy, anyway?"


"What? You're finding him without knowing who he is?"


"The only thing I need to know is that he has something I need."


'The Shikon no Tama.'


Kagura then flew higher into the air and seemed to disappear.


"Where'd she go?!" Yusuke ran forward somemore, into the open.


"Greetings." Yusuke heard a voice, and he looked up, "Hakudoushi, what now? want some more beating?"


"Sorry, but no," Someone else said.


"Who're you?"


"I'm Naraku, so we finally meet, Yusuke..."






(A/N: Hey! I thought that to make the updates faster, I'll just work on this fic. Thanks!)