Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Come Clean ❯ Father Figure ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Inuyasha sat in the kitchen with his arms up on the table, his head was in his hands. His claws covering his face, he was slightly rubbing his eyes, the entire house was silent save for the occasional creak or rustle of wind outside. It was dark and most of the house was sleeping, Phoxy upstairs in their bedroom, resting quietly. Hitaku in his, probably twisted in his sheets and hanging partially off his bed. Sheamaru and Hiei snuggled with each other in their bedroom. Kenti and Tamu in each other's arms, Kenti sleeping while Tamu just `rests'. Finte may not have been sleeping but Inuyasha couldn't hear the wolf moving through the castle. Neki was off, as well as Ruki, so the house was quiet. Inuyasha, however, could not sleep. Someone was missing from this house.

 

~~ That's all I wanted

Something special, something sacred-

In your eyes

For just one moment

To be bold and naked at your side

 

Sometimes I think that you'll never

Understand me

Maybe this time is forever….

Say it can be ~~

 

Tastu was in the woods, on his way home from god knows where. He had a look that wasn't meant for an 8-year-old at all. His eyes were that of someone who had seen so much more than his age would seem. His hands were crossed over his chest as he headed back to the castle during these late hours. He didn't think anyone at the house would be awake, in fact, except maybe for Alonzo, he didn't think anyone would really have noticed that he'd left. He didn't get noticed much, when all he really wanted was attention, he'd done stupid things to get it. Sometimes things didn't seem right, that's when he took off like this. When he really just wanted to think. Sometimes it was just about his new dad and mom. He often wondered if he'd…just `replaced' the one's he'd lost. Or if he should really get worked up over it, Phoxy and Inu had been there for him through more than his biological parents had.

 

~~ That's all you wanted

Something special, someone sacred-

In your life

Just for one moment

To be warm and naked

At my side

 

Sometimes I think that you'll never understand me

But something tells me together

We'd be happy ~~

 

Inuyasha stood up from the table and walked to the back door. He pulled it open without making a sound then slipped out the back door. He started walking towards the back woods. He could pick up Tastu's scent on the wind; he could also get a few of the boy's emotions. Which were so mixed Inuyasha couldn't seem to make out which was stronger or what was what for that matter. He just kept walking in the direction Tastu seemed to be coming from. Inuyasha had noticed when Tastu left, and he had half a mind to go after the boy. But, he didn't know why, maybe he got the wrong idea when he thought Tastu just wanted to be alone. The half-dog demon didn't feel quite right, like something he was doing was so wrong and it upset Tastu. He just…didn't know what.

 

~~ I will be your father figure

Put your tiny hand in mine

I will be your preacher teacher

Anything you have in mind

I will be your father figure

I have had enough of crime

I will be the one who loves you-

Until the end of time ~~

 

Tastu made his way through the spaced out trees, his thoughts now trained on Inuyasha. His father. Did Inuyasha really understand him? Tastu sure didn't feel like it. Sometimes Inuyasha could be really dense and stupid, but he had always been like that. Tastu liked that, didn't he? Sure he did, but he also wanted a father instead of a friend. Or an older brother, which sometimes Inuyasha turned out to be. Tastu made a small growl, as his arm was knicked by a branch, forming a small cut in his upper arm. He reached up and covered it with his hand. His thoughts quickly moved back to Inuyasha however. Tastu really did love his father, and he knew Inuyasha loved him, but…Inuyasha didn't seem to be much of a dad…

 

~~ That's all I wanted

But sometimes love can be mistaken

For a crime ~~

 

Inuyasha eventually made his way to the forest and slipped into the mass of trees. He moved between each on easily, brushing aside stray branches and vines out of his way. He just wanted to find Tastu, he'd been really worried since the boy took off and felt so stupid for not going after him. Inuyasha was trying to be a good father, but he just felt clueless. He didn't know what he was doing, he was really trying for Tastu. And he would be a good dad even if it killed him. Which it probably wouldn't, he just had to figure out where to start. He loved Tastu, after the boys parents were killed one of the first things that came to the hanyous mind was, who would be the boy's parents? Inuyasha was more than willing to take the spot. So when Tastu asked if he and Phoxy would adopt him, Inuyasha felt like his heart was going to blow or something. He felt like with a family; Tastu, and a girl who really loved him, he could be really happy.

 

~~ That's all I wanted

Just to see my baby's

Blue eyed shine

This time I think that my lover

Understands me ~~

 

Tastu eventually stepped into a clearing, there was a small lake in it. He walked over to it and smelled the water, when he decided it was clean enough he started to wash the small cut off. He heard footsteps then picked up the scent of Inuyasha, he turned up as the older hanyou stepped into the clearing. Tastu's back was to him; he was still wondering what to feel towards the hanyou.

 

~~ If we have faith in each other

Then we can be

Strong ~~

 

Inuyasha looked at Tastu, not the boy's face, but the back of his head. Tastu hadn't faced him quite yet and now that he was here, Inuyasha didn't want to just run to the boy. Sometimes when you did things like that, they just blew up in your face. He should know, it's happened to him a lot. So he stood there and waited for the boy to make up his mind on what to feel and what to do. Inuyasha had messed up by not giving Tastu the attention he not only needed but also deserved. Either way this went, Inuyasha would try to be a father to Tastu.

 

~~ I will be your father figure

Put your tiny hand in mine

I will be your preacher teacher

Anything you have in mind

I will be your father figure

I have had enough of crime

I will be the one who loves you-

Until the end of time ~~

 

Tastu stared at the glassy surface of the lake for a long time, the moonlight reflected on it as the shrinking ripples moved through it. Tastu was thinking about everything that had happened. He wasn't even sure what brought up the memory of his other parents, the ones he'd lost. But something did and he couldn't just pretend they weren't there. He finally realized that his new mother was the one who had killed his parents, but loved him so dearly. His new father was her lover and fiancée, and also loved Tastu. Tastu remembered Haretenki, who was the real reason his parents were dead. He remembered the story and the day everyone filled him in. He thought about how much he loved Inuyasha and Phoxy. And how much he needed them, the young boy blinked back tears.

 

~~ If you are the desert

I'll be the sea
If you ever hunger-

Hunger for me

Whatever you ask for

That's what I'll be… ~~

 

Inuyasha could pick up the faint scent of tears, salty water. He couldn't really do anything, as much as he loved and cared for Tastu, his son. He wouldn't run over there just to have the boy be angry at him, he could wait it out. Patients was never one of his true virtues but, he could use it when needed. He knew Tastu must have been thinking of his parents, and the day he found out the secrets going on around him. The boy wasn't hurt and there was nothing going on with him showing he'd gotten into any other dramatic situations. Inuyasha could just hope that Tastu knew how much he loved him, and Phoxy loved him too. And everyone else back home.

 

~~ So when you remember the ones who have lied

Who said that they cared

But then laughed as you cried, beautiful darling

Don't think of me ~~

 

Tastu finally turned around to Inuyasha, tears streaming down his cheeks. They were warm and salty, but he couldn't stop them. Sometimes he felt like he was so smart, and physically fit and just…great. But then times like this, he felt like the 8-year-old he really was. And right now, the 8-year-old just wanted to hug his dad. He started walking forwards, Inuyasha countered and moved forwards as well. Tastu really just wanted his dad, the dad that had been there through everything, he just wanted Inuyasha.

 

~~ Because all I ever wanted

It's in your eyes

And love can't lie, no…~~

 

Inuyasha took a few steps forward before he knelt down and Tastu walked to him. Wrapping his arms around Inuyasha's torso as Inuyasha wrapped his arms around the young boy. Holding him close, taking in his son's scent and loving it. He could still pick up the scent of tears. Inuyasha just held Tastu as the bot gripped the back of his shirt and continued to cry quietly.

 

~~ My love is always telling me so…

Just hold on, hold on, I won't let you go ~~

 

Tastu held onto Inuyasha as he cried, trying to figure out what was going on. Trying to figure out anything actually. When he finally decided there was nothing logical to figure out, which took him several minutes, he sniffled and started to pull from the hug. Inuyasha let him go and both just looked at each other for a while. Inuyasha moved up and wiped away the boy's tears with a clawed finger. He then gave the child a soft smile and kissed his forehead. Inuyasha stood up and took Tastu's hand in his down, holding it securely as if saying "I'll never let you go,". Tastu smiled up at Inuyasha…no…his father. Inuyasha started walking home and Tastu walked next to him, his hand in his father's grip gently. He was going to be okay. So was Inuyasha. They walked home, hand-in-hand, father and son.

~~ I will be your father figure

Put your tiny hand in mine

I will be your preacher teacher

Anything you have in mind

I will be your father figure

I have had enough of crime

So I am gonna love you

Until the end of time

 

I will be your father

I will be your preacher

I'll be your daddy

I will be the one who loves you until the end of time ~~