Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Changed Miko ❯ An Odd Group ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: A Changed Miko
Author: BrokenSouledPoetess
Summary: A weeks break from a foul-mouthed hanyou has Kagome more than pleased. However, said hanyou is unable to maintain his distance despite her stern warning.
Rating: NC-17
Pairing(s): Kagome/Hiei as of now
Feedback: desired. *
Characters: All members of the Inu-tachi and the Reikai Tantei.
Author's notes: None
Disclaimer: I do not own, or profit from, Inuyasha and Yuu Yuu Hakusho respectively. This disclaimer serves to blanket the entirety of this story.
 
“Ahhh! One whole week of freedom!” Kagome exclaimed as she stepped out into the sunshine. “Thank Kami!” She added as an afterthought as she began hopping down the stairs in front of her shrine, making her way to the sidewalk.
 
**Flashback**
 
“Inuyasha?” Kagome said timidly as she, Sango and Miroku approached the tree in which the inu hanyou was currently perched.
 
“Before you even ask, the answer is no. We have shards to hunt.” Inuyasha responded, not even bothering to open his eyes. Had he taken the time to do so, he would have noticed his other two companions standing alongside Kagome.
 
Kagome was already feeling the first flutterings of anger rising. He always threw a fit when she wanted to go home, but this time, she wasn't the only one.
 
“Inuyasha! No one has seen or heard anything from Naraku for over a year and we have all the shards that aren't held by Kouga and Naraku! There isn't any reason why we all need to sit around and there are things the three of us would like to attend to!” Kagome replied, gritting her teeth to try and keep her cool just a little longer.
 
“What?! The three of you?!” Inuyasha roared almost falling from his tree.
 
Miroku looked to Kagome and saw her seething with barely controlled rage and decided to try his hand with the uncooperative hanyou. “Inuyasha, Lady Sango has heard of a Taijia village further to the south that she would like to visit, Lady Kagome would like to spend some time in her own era and I really need to pay a visit to Mushin. It only makes sense for us to go now while there is little transpiring.”
 
Now, Inuyasha had been mad before…plenty of times. It always irritated him that Kagome constantly wanted to go home and he never failed to start a fight with her over it. This time, he knew he wouldn't get away with it. It wasn't just that stupid wench asking to leave, but the demon slayer and that hentai houshi wanted to go too!
 
He knew he wouldn't win an argument if it came down to it. “The usual three days?” He asked hopefully, even though he had a feeling it would be longer.
 
“Actually, I will be gone for at least a week, and I believe Miroku will be gone just as long, if not longer.” Sango replied quietly. She wasn't scared of the hanyou, but she really didn't want to argue with him over something so trivial.
 
The inu hanyou's eye started twitching. He was down right pissed off. “A week?! You are all leaving for an entire week?!” Inuyasha exclaimed as he jumped down from his tree. “What the hell am I supposed to do for a week?”
 
“Well, Shippou is staying with Lady Kaede and I am sure she could find something for you to do.” Kagome stated sweetly. She knew he was angry, but it didn't matter. They all had things to attend to and while she normally was only gone for two or three days, she planned to take full advantage of the extended leave.
 
“Feh! You think I am just going to hang around this stupid village, wench?” The hanyou growled.
 
Kagome leaned forward towards Inuyasha with a sweet smile on her face. Seeing this, Miroku and Sango took a step back.
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome said in a voice sweet enough to make teeth rot, “Sit boy!”
 
With that, the three friends turned back to Kaede's hut to gather their things.
 
**End Flashback**
 
Kagome smiled brightly, lifting her face to the sun. It had been 4 years since she had first started traveling to the past and although she loved the simple beauty of a time untouched by technology, she still relished her time at home.
 
Letting her smile remain on her face, Kagome turned on the discman she had strapped to her hip as her feet hit the sidewalk at the bottom of the shrine steps. It was a beautiful day and she was fully intending on enjoying it. It had been over a year since she had quit wearing her school uniform altogether. She had realized some time back that it really wasn't practical or modest enough for the Sengoku Jidai and had started wearing kimonos for her trips to the past and more `modern' clothes while she was at home.
 
The last of her better looking kimonos had been shredded the day before her return from the Warring States while she and the gang had fought a lower level demon that thought to attack Kaede's village. Replacing the ones she had lost was her main priority for the day.
 
She stopped after a few steps on the sidewalk to change the song she was listening to. Quickly shuffling tracks, she found one that better suited her mood and the day, and with that, resumed her walking.
 
***************************************************************** *****
 
“This sucks! I can't believe how long it's been since we have had a mission!” Yusuke huffed as the group walked down the sidewalk.
 
It had been over 2 months since the Spirit Detectives had been sent on a mission. At first, they all enjoyed the lapse in activity and took advantage of the time off. Yusuke and Keiko had grown closer since he could actually make all of their dates. Kuwabara had spent even more time at Genkai's shrine, pining over Yukina and trying to win her heart. Kurama used the time to tend, and expand, the garden he had started outside his apartment and Hiei left for undetermined amounts of time to the Makai.
 
“I never thought I would see the day when Yusuke Urameshi whined about his lack of work!” Kurama said in his soft, seductive voice. This caused Kuwabara to nearly double over with laughter and even earned an amused “Hn.” from Hiei.
 
“Hey! Just what is that supposed to mean?!” Yusuke fumed. “Are you calling me lazy fox?”
 
The group continued their banter as they walked along the sidewalk. They had just spent some time wandering around the mall and were on their way to their respective residences. So caught up in what they were `discussing' they hadn't yet noticed the young woman that was heading in their direction.
 
***************************************************************** *****
 
With the mall set in her mind as her destination, Kagome began to dance slightly along with the music that blared through her headphones. Her waist length, blue-black hair swayed as the wind caught it, almost in time with her hips as she danced. Her sapphire eyes would open and close momentarily just to make sure she was still going where she intended.
 
During a moment where her eyes had been closed, Kagome felt a sudden surge of youki and spiritual energy. She stopped in her tracks, turned her music down and sat upon a bench a foot away. She then lowered her headphones, leaving them to hang around her neck, and closed her eyes once more.
 
No sooner had her eyes closed, and Kagome knew that the energy she felt was around 50 feet or so in front of her, on the sidewalk she was trekking. She focused on the group of young men currently approaching her at a leisurely pace.
 
She almost laughed at the odd assortment of characters until she remembered her own rag-tag group from the past.
 
While all four appeared human, there was only one who had pure human blood, this being the tallest (and least attractive) of the group. He was around 6'3 with orange hair worn in an Elvis-esque haircut and small brown eyes. He had an enormous amount of spiritual energy and a kind hearted aura.
 
The next member of the group is a young man around 5'8 with black, slicked back hair, brown eyes and an aura that reminded Kagome of Inuyasha. She could sense he had demon blood, but not quite enough to make him a hanyou.
 
Thirdly, her eyes fell upon a man who could almost rival Lord Sesshoumaru in masculine beauty. He had gorgeous, almost unnatural, red hair and dancing green eyes. He seemed to be human, but Kagome was able to sense a strong youkai presence within him as well…how odd. This one made Kagome think of what Shippou might be like when he gets to be grown up…both for his aura and his eyes.
 
The last, but certainly not least, form she studied was by far the most intriguing. He had the strongest demon energy of the group and his aura seethed with conflict. He only stood around 5'0 but Kagome could tell, he was the last of the group to trifle with. His aura screamed power, ruthlessness, and, oddly, sorrow. He had black hair with a white starburst pattern that seems to want nothing to do with gravity and crimson eyes.
 
Having made her assessments and having found nothing outwardly malicious, Kagome decided to continue her walk and test them a little while she is at it.
 
***************************************************************** *****