Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Normal Life? ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't have the brilliance of mind to have come up with these stories so I most definitely can't own them.
A/N: It would most definitely be considered a lie for me to say I'm sorry for making you all wait for so long because I'm not, not really at least. I feel a little guilty but with things as they are I have to take my writing time where I can and they are currently few and far in between. By the way the chapter isn't as long as I would have liked but still enjoy.
`word' Youko
`word' Kurama
 
A Normal Life?
ForestSprite
Chapter 5
 
It wasn't too hard to make out Kagome's voice from the hall as she kindly but in an almost wary sort of way greeted the arrival. It was with a bit of surprise that they heard an excited shout and laughter soon followed after by the banging of the door as though someone had closed it hastily.
 
Yusuke for one found himself sorely tempted to see what the hell was going on but refrained under the heavily disapproving glare that Kurama had learned to use so effectively against him during all the time they had spent together. He leaned back in his chair eyes connecting with Kurama's to show that he understood what he wanted and that he would obey… for now.
 
The heels of their hostess' was heard as they made their way back to the dining area, Kagome's voice regaining its cheerful tone as she was heard to comment to the arrival on his early appearance. “You definitely caught me by surprise,” she said in her kind way. “I wasn't expecting you for another hour at least.”
 
Three pairs of eyes turned to the door as Kagome held it open for Keiko, standing at the front, and the young man standing directly to her left. He was a couple of inches taller than her fair 5'5” build and dressed casually in blue jeans and a solid black shirt that brought attention to his violet eyes. He smiled a purely mischievous smile at her as he entered before her but didn't go any further past the door until she stepped through as well.
 
“It's because I couldn't wait any longer to look at your magnificent self,” he sighed dramatically sweeping his arms before him with a large flourish. “I've been wasting away being separated from you these last couple of days and you've refused us the right to come and see you unless in an emergency, surely you understand how draining that is on a young man such as myself that holds unrequited love for his partner.” He sent her in an inquiring look at that last part which she met with a skeptical glance.
 
“I'm afraid it's just you and Ginku, my dear,” Kagome replied pleasantly. “Everybody else is free to come and visit if they want but I'm well aware of the two of yours womanizing ways and don't feel ready to lose Keiko to either of you.”
 
At the look of mock horror that flashed across his face she reached across and patted his cheek fondly while Keiko chuckled in amusement, obviously used to such things already. Hearing a throat cleared in a very political manner Kagome turned laughing eyes to her guests. “Ah, yes, how terribly rude of me. Rikki this is Yusuke, Hiei and Kurama. They are Keiko's friends that are joining us for dinner that you oh so tactfully intruded on. Can I assume you are hungry?”
 
He turned carefully concealed eyes towards her and smiled blatantly. “I have no idea what would give you that idea Kagome-dearest.”
 
“Really?” she asked in an amused drawl. “Alright then, Keiko could you please help me grab the plates so we can get this cleaned up?” she asked even as she was reaching for a bowl filled with meat covered in gravy only to be stopped by a hand that was placed over her own keeping the plate on the table.
 
Amused eyes danced happily as she turned her attention to Rikki. “Did you want some?” she asked.
 
“Please?” he asked quietly with an eager nod.
 
Giving another smile she let go of the bowl and disappeared through a door to the kitchen to come out with a clean plate. “Help yourself then,” she said fondly handing him the plate.
 
The three boys watched in stunned amazement as he heaped pile after pile of food on his plate and then tore into it with gust.
 
“Does he always eat like that?” Hiei was heard to ask in slight disgust which sent Keiko into peels of nervous laughter. The hybrid was looking rather sick by the display of no control… or it could very well have been the food that was spraying out of his mouth everywhere.
 
“I-I don't know,” she giggled out finally. “Kagome has told me stories but this is the first time I've seen it.”
 
Said woman smiled lovingly at the younger girl before returning her attention to the hungry man. “Rikki, slow down there, huh? The foods not going anywhere you know.”
 
“But Kagome!” he whined piteously. “I have to survive god knows how long on cup ramen from you!” he exclaimed around a mouthful of food.
 
She frowned in annoyance at him. “Its lucky you're so cute, otherwise I don't think I could let you get away with mocking my cooking abilities,” she muttered giving him a narrowed eyed glare.
 
“What cooking abilities?” he asked in turn. She took a threatening step towards him making him subside with a small `eep!' before the playful smile overtook his expression again. “Cute, huh? Is that why you let Boss man get away with it too? Making fun of your cooking abilities I mean.”
 
She arched an eyebrow in amusement. “I let him get away with it because the checks I receive from him let me pay my bills. Plus it helps that he's good eye candy,” she finished with a sly wink in his direction making him choke on the mashed potatoes he'd just put in his mouth.
 
He turned to Keiko with an incredulous stare who was watching the proceedings in mild tolerance. “Big sister, I think Kagome's been mentally cheating on you.”
 
Said girl grinned wickedly. “That's okay Rikki. I mentally cheat on her too with him.” Seeing Yusuke's stunned look she leaned closer to him murmuring softly for him and the other two to hear while Kagome and Rikki argued over his tattling on her. “Youko's got nothing on this guy,” she informed them before straightening back up to grin pleasantly.
 
Rikki looked back and forth between the two girls rather morosely. “He gets all the females attention. What's he got that I don't got?”
 
“Beautiful hair.”
 
“Sexy eyes.”
 
“Forceful personality.”
 
“Six-pack.”
 
“A big…”
 
“Kagome!”
 
“What? I was going to mention the tattoo on his back. Very manly,” she said innocently.
 
Keiko mock glared at her before relenting and leaning forward she was heard to whisper very conspiratorially, “So have you seen his…”
 
“Keiko!” Rikki yelled out shocked while the two females laughed at his indignation.
 
End chapter
 
Okay so that didn't come out as soon as I had hoped it would and another chapter is being updated other than the one that had won the poll. Very sorry about that but I hope you do enjoy this chapter. Thanks for enjoying, seeing how many people have checked this out gives me hope that my writing is better than even I think it is------ ForestSprite