Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anime High ❯ The New #1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2- The New #1
 
“That's…That's…impossible!” Botan stammered
“Bankotsu's just playing a joke”, sighed Kekkou, “A cruel, sick joke”
“If this is a cruel, sick joke, then how come Sagome's the only girl in the top ten?” asked Tenshi
“What?!” shouted the two group of girls. Ayame snatched the paper away from Sagome and gasped; she really was the only girl on the list. Sagome just walked away with the same shocked expression engraved on her face.
 
Miroku Matsuo and Yuske Yamasaki were sitting outside where many other high shool students were sitting. “Don't we get our Chem test back today?” asked Yuske
“Crap, I forgot about that”, said Miroku, “I failed it”
“How are you so sure?”
“Man, I didn't even get passed the first question”
“That's a damn shame Miroku”, chuckled Yuske
“Hey, that test counted like a third of our grade”
“Did you do your homework?”
“If you count stealing a person's Chem paper and writing my name on it as homework, then yeah”
“This is a monstrosity!” screamed Sango as she walked through the schoolyard
“Yes dear sister it is”, replied Shimeta as both of them stared at the sheet of paper that failed them for the very first time
“How could this happen? Since when did black eyeliner and chains become beautiful?!”
“Don't think like that Sango! That will never happen, ever!”
“What has you two feeling crappy?” asked Miroku
“This act of treason”, Shimeta groaned handing Yuske the list. As he saw it the smile from his face faded.
“This is a joke right?” he asked
“No, it's not”
“What is it man?” asked Miroku
“I'm #20!”
“That's impossible, that would mean you're at the bottom of the first page”
“I am at the bottom of the first page!”
“Let me see that”. Miroku took the list out of Yuske's hand and was in stupor when he saw it.
“I'm #19! This is messed up!”
“Look whose #1”. The boys looked at who was #1 and soon knew that this list was no joke.
 
“This is treason I say!” screamed Sango, “Treason!”
“How can Bankotsu do this to us?!” complained Rin
“Calm down girls, I will get to the bottom of this and I know who's gonna help”, Shimeta assured her group. She entered the cafeteria to see many students sitting at tables flipping through the pages to see where they are on the list.
 
Since there are only 200 names throughout the whole list people could only hope if they even made #190 or at least the last name on the list. If you weren't on the list, then to the school you're unpopular.
 
The Shallow Sorority made its way to table #8 to meet up with the captain of the Anime Koburas Football Team, Inuyasha Yukashii. He was leaning against the table talking with the rest of the football team about the rankings on the Popularity List.
“How can I get #34?” Tenraku Onimaru protested, “Just look at me”
“Hence the reason why you're #34”, joked Inuyasha making the rest of the football team laugh. They saw the group of girls coming and could see they were pissed over something.
“What happened, they ran out of pink eyeshadow at the mall?” teased Koga Kanashi
“This is no time to joke”, Shimeta snapped, “This list is an act of treason!” When Shimeta shouted the word “treason”, everyone in the cafeteria gathered around table #8.
“Treason?” Alandri asked
“Yes, treason”, Shimeta responded
“Shimeta, the Popularity List isn't the Declaration of Independence”, stated Inuyasha, “How is it an act of treason?”
“Have you even looked at the list Inuyasha?”
“What for; everyone knows Inuyasha is #1”, replied Hadoushi
“No he's not”
“Yes he is”
“No he's not
“Yes I am”, Inuyasha countered
“No you're not”. Shimeta handed Inuyasha the list and everyone looked on their lists on the first page. Everyone gasped when they saw the top of the page, but Inuyasha was heated and walked out of the cafeteria heading towards the Printing Press.