Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Angel ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
She closed her eyes as she rammed the rose that she was so famous for in the woman's heart. She abused her daughter horribly. The little girl had whip marks all over her back and bruises on her stomach and shoulders. All in all the little girl was a wreck. The girl was curled in a little ball watching her with frightened eyes. Slowly she raised her empty hands and pulled off the mask that kept others from identifying her.
"Hey sweetie, what's your name?" The little girl raised her head slightly, her expression some where between frightened and relieved. It was like the little girl could sense that her savior wouldn't harm her.
"Mama called me Lily I think but most of the time she just called me a mistake or a curse." the Bloody Angel felt her heart twinge in sadness for the little girl. She couldn't believe the woman could hurt the child as badly as she did.
"Well Lily my name is Kagome. Would you like to come live with me?" the little girl looked up at her with such hope and trust that it nearly broke her heart. For heaven's sake the little girl just saw her kill her mother and she trusted her.
"Could I really?" there was an eagerness in her voice that reminded her so much of the child she had lost. She smiled gently and held out her hand, when the child tried to grab it and winced in pain, she scooped her up.
"Of course now just sleep I heal you when we get home, Lily dear." with one hand she replaced the mask. Just in time too. She looked coldly upon the face of the grim reaper. After sending the deity of death a glare and a mental threat, she quickly left a note to the police about Lily, along with the evidence against the woman. The deity cringed back in fear as she stood and disappeared, Lily sound asleep in her arms. the deity looked at the evidence and then the souless body. It seemed as if the roses drew the soul into themselves and them purified them out of existance. Somehow she could not hate the woman who spent her life protecting children. In fact she had seen who the Bloody Angel truely was and she knew she would not tell. In fact she would do what she could to help her. Even if it meant going against spirit world to do so.