Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Angel ❯ Chapter 14

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
She glanced up at her brother from her spot on the bed, her eyes large. She hadn't seen him since Midoriko had transported her to the astral plane for training. She'd left him alone that day, all by himself, for she remembered taking Shippo's body with her and burying it later on. She was snapped out of her memories when a hand started moving in front of her face. She grabbed it and snapped a few of the bones out of habit. She looked up at the surprised face of her brother.
"Sorry!" she bit her lip and grabbed the hand again. She let her healing powers flow through it. She blinked slightly when she felt his own powers try to combat hers. She looked up at him confused, although she'd healed his hand; his spiritual powers had rejected hers. Why? He could feel her question. Almost like she had said it aloud.
"You've killed innocents" she jerked away from him, burned.
"No one I killed was innocent. If you can't see that then perhaps I'd best leave and stay with Sesshomaru. He will at least understand.” before he could reply their daughter's assistant appeared in the room.
"Miss Kagome? My mistress wishes to see you now." she nodded and the Grim Reaper disappeared. She turned away from her brother and was at the door before she heard his reply.
"Perhaps you should." she felt her heart break. Tears began to fill up in her eyes as she gave another nod.
"I…I'll give him a call tonight before dinner." with that she left. She didn't see his tears as she ran down the hall ways to where her daughter's office lay. She came to a stop before she enter and wiped away her tears and schooled her face into a tired yawn. She knew she couldn't fool her daughter but she could fool the detectives. It was all she could hope that her eyes weren't red and puffy. She opened the door, mid-yawn.
"You wanted me, Little one?" her voice didn't break she noticed offhandedly. She also caught a glance of her face in a mirror across the room, she really did look tired.
"Yeah mom why don't you sit down, did I interrupt your nap?" she smiled took a seat. She was tired but not for the reason her daughter thought. She was trying to keep the sadness out of her aura, she couldn't seem to remember if they could read auras or not.
"As a matter of fact, my little one, you interrupted at the perfect moment. I was just about to give your Uncle Sesshomaru a call. Seems I may not be staying here much longer" a tired smile still lingered on her lips. She could feel the detective sit down next to her but she was really to worn out the care. She let go off her aura and cuddled up to the comforting aura next to her and settled in.
"Why won't you be here?" her pillow asked. She sighed and rearranged herself before answering.
"He says I'm not pure." and with that she drifted to sleep in the comforting arms of the person with the scent of fire and faint smell of ice.