Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Freak Show ❯ Sesshoumaru's Guests ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Youko: What's your problem Belle?

~Belle: You!

~Youko: Me? What did I do?

~Belle: You lied.

~Youko: Did not! How so?

~Belle: You said you had nine tails.

~Youko: No I didn't. I said I have five.

~Belle: You said nine!

~Youko: You must have been reading that off the internet. It's very unreliable you know.

~Belle: But you told me that!

~Youko: Come on Belle, as if I actually ever need to count. With me it's either I have the treasure or I don't. All or none! These numbers are really not that useful.

~Belle: Stubborn Kitsune…..enjoy the chapter!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru's residence reminded Kagome of a palace in Arabia. She had thought he would have a castle similar to the one Naraku totes around with him. Kagome stood there mouth open enjoying the vision at the front gates.

"Human, you have fine teeth; now stop displaying them for us." Sesshoumaru interrupted her silent admiration with a bit of mirth to his voice.

Kagome's mouth immediately snapped shut and Kurama smirked at his companion. They followed Sesshoumaru into his palace and were greeted by his groveling stooge, Jaken.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, you have returned to this lowly Jaken. How may I be of service to you my lord?" Jaken asked from the ground.

"Jaken. Show my guests to their rooms for the night." Sesshoumaru told him and then walked away without a second glace at his guests.

Jaken rose from his position and acknowledged the two guests. "What are you doing here you disgusting ningen!? Leave this place at once before you taint it with you dirty presence."

Kurama kicked the toad upside the head. "I suggest you treat your master's guests with more respect toad. Show us our room. Now."

"Forgive me Youko-sama, I did not know this human was acquainted with you." Jaken replied as he began to lead the two up the stairs towards the sleeping quarters.

"I suggest that you treat Kagome with respect or else I will kill you personally." Kurama answered in a grave voice.

"Yeah, and then we'll have Sesshoumaru revive you with the Tensaiga and then he'll probably kill you himself." Kagome added just to watch the look of horror cross the toad youkai's face as her words hit home.

"Tensaiga?" Kurama asked confused.

"I'll tell you about it later." Kagome whispered back.

"These are your rooms." Jaken informed them as he pointed to two adjoining rooms. Then he left the two standing in the hallway.

"I'll take the one on the right." Kagome broke the silence.

Kurama nodded but he smelt a little fear radiating from Kagome. "Are you okay?" He asked gently touching her shoulder so she would look at him.

She turned slightly dilated pupils towards him and nodded adding a smile for effect. "It's nothing, it's just that Sesshoumaru usually is trying to kill my companions and I and I don't exactly feel all warm and cozy being inside his palace."

"Would you like me to keep you safe?" Kurama asked with a bit of the Miroku charm.

Kagome's face turned bright red and she fervently shook her head. "Um……no, that's okay. I'll be fine, be asleep in no time. Good night!" She quickly shook off the fox's hand and practically slammed her door in his face.

He blew his silver bangs out of his eyes and then proceeded to his own room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Two hours had passed. `Is that girl ever going to sleep?' Kurama asked himself. He could hear her breathing through the wall with his youkai senses. It had yet to become the even breathing patterns of one enjoying peaceful slumber.

Kurama still was unsure as to why his form remained that of Youko. Perhaps it had to do with being in the Feudal Era with so many demon presences. They must have presented a sense of danger for him to remain the dominate personality.

He rose from his nice warm bed and made his way to the chamber next door. He knocked lightly as he pushed the door open. His miko friend shot up from the bed and glared at him with her raven hair slightly ruffled.

"What are you doing in my room Kurama?" Kagome demanded as she pulled the covers up to her chin.

Kurama laughed softly. "Can't a Carnie Freak get some sleep?" He teased as he ran his slender fingers through his silver locks.

"You can't sleep?" Kagome asked concern gracing her features and the blanket falling from her grip.

"I could hear you breathing through the wall. Why aren't you asleep?" Kurama asked as he sat on her bed.

Kagome looked away, embarrassed. "I just can't get over the fact that I'm in Sesshoumaru's palace and I keep expecting him to burst through the door and poison me."

"It's not an unfounded fear." Kurama told her and then laughed to put her at ease. "Look, I'm going to be right here. He wouldn't dare to attempt an attack on the girl sleeping beside `Flower Boy' now would he?"

Kurama pulled the pillow out from under Kagome and then laid down on the soft futon and bounced slightly. "This isn't fair. You're mattress is softer than mine."

"Like it matters now. Give me back my pillow you thief!" Kagome hissed as she snatched back her pillow from under the fox's head.

"You have stung my heart Kagome, calling me a mere thief. I'll have you know I am the GREATEST thief!" He snatched the pillow back from her grip and settled it down between the two of them. It was a large pillow that could easily fit both their heads upon.

"What?" Kagome gaped at him.

"You don't have to be so selfish. Geez, here I am sacrificing my own nice warm bed to share this little one with you so that you can get a good night's sleep."

"You're going to sleep in the same bed as me?" Kagome gasped mortified, her eyes widened in shock as she sought her answer in his golden orbs. Those darn golden orbs that seemed to be mocking her with that sparkle in them.

Kurama tossed back his silver hair and plopped his head down upon the pillow with his ears twitching. Kagome's hands wanted to touch those ears.

`Must touch ears. Must touch ears.' Her silent mantra resounded in her mind as her fingers began to inch towards the fuzzy appendages.

Kurama watched her with an amused grin. Suddenly he snatched her wrists within his hands and pushed her head back onto the pillow. "Go to sleep." He then turned his back on her and began to sleep himself, enjoying her intoxicating scent that reminded him of the strawberry-peach smoothies he had so recently become addicted to back home.

Kagome sighed and closed her eyes in defeat. No longer was she afraid of Sesshoumaru. She simply let the aroma of roses fill her senses and let sleep claim her.

The sun was rising and there was an incessant pounding upon Kagome's door. A little toad was outside of it demanding the occupant awaken to break fast with Lord Sesshoumaru.

"Just five more minutes Souta. I don't want to go to school. Bouyo you lazy cat." Kagome murmured as she gently rubbed her fat kitty's ears.

"Do I look like your lazy cat, Kagome?" A silky voice caressed her ears. Her eyes shot open immediately to take in the picture of a highly amused fox youkai. She reclaimed her offensive hands and jumped off the futon.

Kurama got up with more ease and stretched a mighty stretch. "I'll meet you in a second; I'm going to get dressed next door." Then he left the highly embarrassed school girl to get dressed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru was already seated at his dining table beginning to feel bored as various servants scampered about him serving him various foods.

Kurama was guided to the seat on Sesshoumaru's right and Kagome on his left. Kagome glanced at Inuyasha's elder brother with a slight hint of apprehension.

The servants than filled their plates with food. It was amazing; everything Kagome wanted appeared before her. It was almost as if the servants were reading her mind. Or maybe it was like that scene in `Hook' where whatever you imagined to eat would appear on your plate.

Sesshoumaru noticed her look of puzzlement and decided to enlighten the ignorant human. "They are."

Kagome's head jerked up in his direction. "I'm sorry, they are what?"

Sesshoumaru almost had an urge to roll his eyes. "They are reading your mind." He then redirected his attention to his old friend. "Explain Youko."

Youko Kurama had been eating his food in contentment. He then raised his eyes to Sesshoumaru's. "Which part?" He couldn't help but grin at the tai-youkai's annoyed expression.

"I will not ask again."

"Fine. Okay, yes I was mortally wounded after that one mission didn't go quite as well as I had planned. In order to survive I became fused with the life of an unborn child by the name of Shuuichi. I've got a bad case of split personality." Kurama chuckled at this but upon seeing the expression on Sesshoumaru's face decided to continue.

"Ahem. So, I was born into the future as a combined entity. Events occurred that are not pertinent to the matter at hand. Let's just say, I had another mission that didn't quite work out how as I had planned. I joined a group called the Spirit Detectives and then I met Kagome recently and decided to help her with her quest." Youko smiled at his old friend.

Sesshoumaru simply stared at him, revealing no emotions whatsoever from behind his mask of indifference. Suddenly the miko's odd clothing and speech patterns began to make sense if she was from another time period. "One question. If you two are both from the future, how did you get into this time?"

Kurama shifted uncomfortably in his chair and shot a glance at Kagome. She cleared her throat. "There's this well that serves as a time portal, only Inuyasha and I use it. Well, and now Kurama." Kagome answered the inu-youkai.

Sesshoumaru nodded in understanding. They didn't need to know if he was confused as to what they spoke.

Silence fell over the breakfast group. Kagome never appreciated silence so she decided to ask the question that had been plaguing her. "How do you two know each other?"

Sesshoumaru acknowledged the human with an answer. "When we were children, Youko had another mission go unplanned."

Kurama's face flushed in embarrassment.

"What were you trying to steal?" Kagome asked the Kitsune in front of her.

"It's really not that important." Kurama answered. "But we became good friends afterwards and spurring partners. We were both trained in the arts of using whips, Indiana Jones style."

"What is this Indiana Jones?" Sesshoumaru asked before he could school his curiosity.

"He's a character from a movie that uses a whip to do amazing feats." Kagome answered.

Sesshoumaru merely nodded his head in understanding while silently pondering what a movie was. "He attempted to steal a crown of flowers a little girl youkai had given me." Sesshoumaru answered the unattended question.

"Fluffy! That was not necessary!" Kurama shouted in mock indignation knowing that the `Fluffy' nickname would be much more interesting to share with Kagome than a failed attempt at stealing a crown of flowers. For goodness sake his nickname was now `Flower Boy' so it wasn't very insulting to his ego.

"Fluffy?" Kagome asked laughing. She stopped immediately when Sesshoumaru looked at her with gold eyes promising nothing short of death.

"Youko, if you are aiding this miko, do you realize what it is you are up against?" Sesshoumaru asked becoming serious once again.

"Kagome informed me that the basics were to collect some shards and stop some creepy demon named Naraku." Kurama answered.

Sesshoumaru nodded his head. "The Hanyou, Naraku is a formidable foe and not to be taken lightly."

"Is that how you lost your arm?" Kurama asked innocently, he was very curious. Anyone that could maim Sesshoumaru must indeed be mighty.

A look of utter hatred crossed Sesshoumaru's features and then passed. "No. However, I too wish to see the end of the abomination that is Naraku. Should our paths cross I would be proud to fight along side you."

Kurama walked towards Sesshoumaru and gave him a big hug. The look of shock upon Fluffy's face was priceless and it took all of Kagome's self-control to restrain her giggles. "Brother! I would be honored to fight with you."

Kurama then walked towards Kagome and took her hand. "We must be going now. Thank you for the hospitality." Kagome bowed to Sesshoumaru in respect.

"Kagome. As I see you are a valued companion to Youko I offer you my aid. Should trouble arise, do not hesitate to call me." Sesshoumaru answered the two and then left the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Youko Kurama had wrapped Kagome within his arms once again and they left Sesshoumaru's palace in search of some jewel shards. Soon afterwards, Kagome felt the presence of a shard approach.

A giant snake youkai appeared before them and hissed at them demanding the Shikon no Tama.

"Where is it Kagome?" Kurama asked as he elongated his rose into his famous whip while standing beside the one he vowed to protect.

"It's in his forehead and there are three!" Kagome answered as she drew her bow after notching an arrow. Kurama leaped away and slashed his rose whip upon the snake that was the size of at least a ten story building.

He managed to sever one of its fangs however it seemed to grow back instantaneously. The next thing he noticed, Kagome had shot a sacred arrow at the forehead and at the same moment Kurama struck the same place with his whip.

The youkai dissolved before their eyes and three tainted shards lie upon the forest floor.

Kagome walked over to them and purified them with a simple touch. "I don't believe I've ever taken down a youkai that quickly before." Kagome admitted.

"We make a great team then." Kurama answered.

They began to walk now, enjoying a slight breather after their little exercise. "Kurama? We won't be done with this quest by the time school starts." Kagome disturbed their silence.

The Kitsune raised a delicate silver eyebrow at her and then smirked revealing a sharp canine fang reminding her that he was not human. "Does that mean you'll miss me?" He teased.

Kagome turned her head to gaze at the trees on her opposite side. "I've only known you for two days." She answered softly.

Kurama turned serious. "I've actually been thinking about that. Well, at least I was last night when I couldn't get to sleep with all your fidgeting for those two hours in the other room. I'd hate to lose my number one rank at school, but I know this is important. I like your companions, but this is very dangerous."

"I've survived two years thank you very much." Kagome huffed indignantly.

"Exactly. My point is; it seems to be getting more and more dangerous. So, I think I'll talk to my friend Hiei. He's a demon as well. Whenever I can't come to this era with you, I would like it if he was to offer you aid. I simply can not leave you to be protected by that Inuyasha." Kurama spit out his name like it was poison.

Kagome looked at him sadly. "You've been hanging around Sesshoumaru too much."

"No, no, no. This has nothing to do with him being a Hanyou, in a way; I'm sort of one myself. This has everything to do with the way he treats you. You have enough on your plate without the added stress of that selfish corpse lackey."

Kagome chuckled despite herself. "He's not THAT bad you know. He really does care." She finished softly.

Kurama took up her hand again within his. "Yes, well, I care too."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Belle: What is this `The Woman who fell in Love with Sesshoumaru' episodes?

~Sesshoumaru: You find it hard to believe that a woman would be in love with this Sesshoumaru?

~Belle: No of course not! But this is NOT IN THE MANGA!!! They can't go making stuff up like that!

~Sesshoumaru: You don't even know who the woman is. It could be my mother and you're hyperventilating for nothing.

~Belle: It better be your mother! You're just way too….Sesshoumaru to be hooked up with any woman.

~Sesshoumaru: The title says nothing about me loving her, only she loving me.

~Belle: Good point, I suppose. Who wouldn't love Fluffy-sama!!!???

Review!!! Write what you would like to see perhaps we can accommodate your desire.