Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ G.E.E ❯ The Search Begins ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

G.E.E.

By: demon fire chick

Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN YU* YU* HAKUSHO OR INU YASHA.

Chapter 4: Search Begins

Inu Yasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, and Shippou were walking down the road back to Kaede's village after retrieving yet more jewel shard from another youkai attacking a nearby village.

It was almost sunset and there was still another day of travel. "Inu Yasha, can we set up camp? It's almost night." Kagome complained to the white- haired hanyou in front of the group.

He turned around to face her so he could glare at her. She just glared back at him until he reluctantly gave in. "There's a lake nearby. We'll camp there for tonight." He turned into the forest and the rest followed him.

As they neared the clearing, Inu Yasha heard a soft, gentle voice in the distance. He stopped the group and told them to be quiet as he crept closer the beautiful sound with the group right behind. They soon heard what Inu Yasha was hearing.

They came to the clearing near the lake to see a small girl dressed in strange clothing singing softly to a boy with red hair laying in her lap and stroking his bangs away from his face gently.

"Rose, Rose, Rose,

Will I ever see thee wed.

I will marry at my will sire,

At my will.

Ding dong ding dong,

Wedding bells on an April morn.

Carve your name on a moss covered stone,

On a moss covered stone."

The girl finished her song but continued stroking the boys bangs. The group just stood there looking at the two strangers. Everyone, even Inu Yasha, felt something wrong.

Kagome stepped carefully out of the bushes trying not to scare the girl. She looked at the girl to see if she caught her attention and was surprised to see the girl looking at her with golden eyes almost like Inu Yasha's. `She must be a hanyou.' The miko stepped closer to the girl.

"I'm Kagome. What's your name?" She spoke softly.

The girl stared at Kagome for a moment longer before answering. " I'm Gee." The girl sniffed the air slightly. "I take it you are not alone."

The rest of the group stepped out into the clearing. The girl looked at each one of them before her gaze settled on the hanyou in red. She stared into his golden eyes and he stared into hers. Understanding showed in his eyes.

"Are you a hanyou?" blurted Shippou who was standing next to Gee. She shifted her gaze to the young kitsune. Before she could answer, Shippou started to sniff Kurama's still form. "Is he okay?" Gee simply shook her with a sad look on her face.

"He hit his head really hard on a boulder." She turned her gaze to Kagome. "You aren't from around here, like us?"

"No, but it's a long story." Kagome sat down next to Gee. "Is he your boyfriend?" Gee turned red.

"No we're just working together. But the rest of our team is missing. The portal must have changed its position after they went through."

"Portal?"

"That's what we're working on. Trying to find out who opened the portal on this side and stop them. But were missing 4 of our team mates." Gee realized that she only knew one of the strangers that had shown up. "Who are the rest of you?"

"Oh, well that's Shippou, Sango, Miroku is the guy next to you, and that's Inu Yasha." Gee nodded to each of them in turn. She felt something touch her bottom and she saw Miroku's hand . She punched him in the chest with her right arm and he skidded a few feet still a tree stopped him. Everyone winced and looked at Gee who kept stroking Kurama's forehead.

Gee muttered something that sounded like `jerk'. She turned to face Kagome. "Which direction is the nearest village?" Kagome pointed in the direction of Kaede's village. Gee nodded and picked up her bag before lifting Kurama with ease into her arms.

"Inu Yasha maybe you should go with her." Kagome looked at him. He gave a reluctant nod and stood up. The girl was crouched down then with amazing force she jumped with into the air with Kurama in her arms. Inu Yasha followed her. They leapt through the air until they reached the village.

Gee landed on the ground with ease then Inu Yasha landed in front of her. An old miko approached Inu Yasha. "Hello Inu Yasha. Where's is Kagome and everyone else?" She then noticed a small figure holding something, standing behind the hanyou. "But who is this child?"

"I'm not a child. I came because my friend needs help." Kaede then noticed that the girl was carrying a young man in her arms.

"Oh my. Bring him to my hut. I'll tend to him. What happened?"

"He hit his head really hard on a boulder. He's been out for a couple of hours now." She followed the old woman to the hut and laid Kurama down on a mattress.

"I'll keep him here. You two can go back to Kagome and the others." Gee and Inu Yasha nodded and headed out of the hut. They took to the air once more with Gee wishing she could stay with Kurama.

The group had already set up camp by the time they arrived. Kagome looked up at the two. "That was quick. Dinner almost ready."

Gee walked away from the group. "I'm not hungry." Then she leapt into a tree a just sat there with a sad look on her face.

The group sat there and ate their dinner in silence, watching the strange girl. She looked miserable.

As they all readied themselves for bed, Gee took the band off her arm to stare at the numbers and letters scratched into her wrist. `Am I destined to lose everyone I might care about?'

"What's that?" squeaked a tiny voice above her. Gee jumped slightly and looked up to see Shippou sitting on top of her head. Everyone was staring at the two in the tree.

"Why are you bothering Gee, Shippou?" asked Kagome who walked over to the tree and looked up to the branch where they sat.

"She's got something on her arm. But I can't read it."

"Oh really. Can I see?" Gee lifted the kitsune off her head before jumping down to Kagome and showing her left wrist to her. Kagome studied the writing for a moment. "000G.E.E.? Where did you get this?"

Gee was about to answer when they heard a scream in the distance. "Man, not again. Can't that girl keep out of trouble?" She sounded annoyed. She started run off in the direction the screams were coming from. The group just followed her as best they could.

Gee kept running until she came to a clearing and saw the scene in front of her. Botan was pinned against a tree by a wolf youkai who was trying to kiss her. Gee came up behind him, grabbed his shoulder, and heaved him away from Botan.

"Gee, its you. Thank the gods." Gee walked towards the youkai who was trying to stand up. She heaved him up and was about to hit him in the stomach.

"Gee, stop!" cried a voice behind her. She turned to see Kagome enter the clearing almost breathless. "Don't hurt him."

"He tried to hurt my friend. I think he deserves it."

"Kouga, what are you doing here?"

"Wait a minute. You know this creep?" Gee was becoming confused.

"Oh Kagome. Thank you for stopping the worthless hanyou." He escaped from Gee's grasp and started walking over to Kagome. But Gee grabbed him from behind and pulled him back and looked at him.

"Who are you calling worthless wolf." A low growl came from the back of back of her throat. Then she turned to Kagome. "Can I at least hit him once for messing with Botan." By this time the rest of the group had come crashing through the bushes.

Kagome considered for a moment. "Well alright, but not too hard." Gee gave Kouga a right- hook to the stomach and let him drop to the ground as he clutched his stomach in pain.

Inu Yasha smirked. "Finally got what you deserved." Gee walked over to Botan who was now sitting on the ground.

"You need to be more careful Botan. That's twice I've had to save. You owe me big time." She helped the blue haired woman to her feet. "Come on let's get back to camp."

They walked slowly back through the forest to the clearing near the lake. Botan sat at the water's edge with Gee and washed her face a bit. "Where are the boys?" she asked quietly.

Gee hesitated before answering. "Kurama is being treated in a village not far from here. I don't know where the others are."

Botan nodded silently. She stood up a walked over to the fire to warm up a bit. Gee followed her. They had introduced themselves to Botan earlier in the woods. Miroku scooted away from Gee.

"What's his problem?" Botan asked.

"His hand became familiar with my butt and my fist became familiar with his chest, if you know what I mean?" She started to giggle uncontrollably.

Everyone laid down to sleep. Inu Yasha and Gee took their places in nearby trees. Gee fell asleep happily, glad to have found new friends.

But unbeknownst to her and the others, Naraku gazed at the enchanting girl asleep in the tree. `She's not a hanyou but she not human. Her beauty is overwhelming as well.' He kept gazing at her. `I will have her.' Then he vanished.

A/N: Okay so far one vote Kurama zero Hiei. Please review and vote.