Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intergalactic Treaty ❯ Aces ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

~Belle: Unfortunately, I do not own Inuyasha, I just like to borrow the characters!

~Kagome: I hope you guys like this fiction, I think it will be a blast to star in!

~Sesshoumaru: Belle has crazy ideas and unfortunately for you she's decided to start publishing them online.

~Kagome: Sesshoumaru! Don't say such things!

~Belle: It's alright Kagome. I do have the power of the keyboard. I'll make him pay for that later. (*smirks evil smirk at demon lord*)

R&R!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today was the big day. She would find out whether or not she passed her piloting test. If she passed she would become a member of the crew whose mission was to create a new intergalactic peace treaty. All her years of training came down to this one final test.

"Hey Kagome girl! Are you the new ace?" Miroku ran up to greet her just outside the doors that lead to the commander's office. They were both being trained in this elite government program.

"I'm not sure yet. That's what I was about to check on." Kagome answered him.

"I'm sure you did great. Let's hope so, or else Sango may kill me while we're out there traveling the galaxies." Miroku grabbed Kagome's hand to pull her towards the test results as he noticed she became nervous. He already knew that she had received the top scores, but he wanted to see firsthand her reaction.

"I can' look." Kagome told him as they reached the results posted outside of the commander's office. She pulled her hand out of his and covered her eyes.

Miroku shook his head at her childish antics. He pulled her hands away from her eyes. "You really want to look. I already know the results and I can promise you it's excellent."

She glanced at the paper that held her scores. It said she was in the 99th percentile. "What does that mean?"

"It means you have achieved the status of ace. It also means that you were better than 99 percent. What it means my dear Kagome is that you and Sango and I will be exploring the galaxies together!"

"Really? This is great! So when does this mean we leave? The end of this week?"

"No actually. We leave in the morning! I can't believe you. You pay so much attention to everything and score top marks, but when it comes to simple things you never listen. Shame on you! I hope you pay attention to Captain Kaede. I hear she's real strict."

That evening Kagome, Sango, and Miroku met up with some of their peers to celebrate their departure at a local cavern. The three of them refrained from drinking, however that didn't stop their classmates.

"Kagome, did I ever tell you that you have the most beautiful….." the young man thought for a moment as he held himself up with his hands upon the tabletop to prevent his drunken swaggering "eyes."

Miroku followed the boy's gaze and noticed that it was not her eyes that captivated his attention. Of course Kagome didn't notice and as her oldest friend it was his duty to protect her from these perverts.

Once again Sango beat him to it. "You pervert. If you want to admire her eyes, why don't you look up about a foot?" She rose from her chair ready to slap the boy across the face. How dare he watch her best friend like she was some sort of eye candy.

"It's okay Sango. Thank you Hojo for the compliment, but I think it is time that we left. Our departure time is very early in the morning."

"Why don't I keep you company tonight? You know for old times sake?"

"Hojo wake up to reality. You never had a chance with her now get lost loser." Miroku rudely informed the wimp. He then rose from his seat and was followed closely by Sango and Kagome.

"Thanks Miroku, I appreciate you standing up for my honor, but did you have to be so mean about it?"

"One day Kagome you will learn that you can't be nice to everyone. Sometimes you have to be rude and condescending or else they will never get the hint."

"He is right you know." Sango agreed as the three made their way to the dormitories. "Just think tomorrow we will be embarking upon the greatest adventure of our lives!"

"Don't be so melodramatic." Miroku warned. "Okay ladies, this is my stop. Would like my assistance with your wake up call in the morning?" He asked them slyly. You never know when they could be caught off guard and agree to allow him into their room. He had many fantasies about seeing Sango in a lacy lingerie teddy. Of course, Kagome was lovely too, but she was like his sister. Erotic thoughts about her were just sick!

"Nice try. See you at sunrise at the gates."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Stupid humans. Stupid Earthling humans at that."

"What are you mumbling about Fluffy?" His annoying half-brother interrupted his thoughts.

"Why should I tell you?" Sesshoumaru replied in a haughty voice. His brother was beneath him. He didn't need to know all the politics he had to deal with.

"I don't really care. I was just curious why you were mumbling about Earthlings. I've never met any personally."

"You certainly have not. These foolish Earthlings think that they can create a peace treaty with all the galaxies."

"That doesn't sound like a bad idea." Inuyasha sleepily replied while stifling a yawn.

"What am I supposed to do? I am the Youkai Ambassador and Supreme Ruler Naraku wishes to invade Earth. I do not lie. I am unsure of how to approach this conference."

"Where is the conference at?" Inuyasha asked suddenly serious. Rarely was his older brother at a loss for action.

"It is to be held upon the Fox Fire." Sesshoumaru answered.

"Why does Naraku want to invade Earth? Does he want something from them? Why can he not ask?" Inuyasha inquired.

"You know how greedy Earthlings are with their valuable resources. There is one resource there with the power ten fold that of Uranium. It is the Shikon no Tama. With the use of it our armies would be invincible. Brute strength alone gives the Youkai citizens superiority over the weaker races. Perhaps I can take the human representatives hostage, but that may result in warfare. But then again we would win that."

"I see. We better start packing then." Inuyasha intervened because he did not want to hear insane ramblings of his brother.

"What are you talking about?" Once again Sesshoumaru responded in an uncharacteristic uncertainty.

"I am to accompany you. I'm not one of the top pilots for nothing."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The three human aces approached the docking area at eight a.m sharp. There was no one else around and they became anxious.

"Are we at the right place?" Kagome questioned.

"Yes, I am sure of it." Sango replied.

Suddenly the cargo door of the ship opened before them revealing an elderly woman, presumably Captain Kaede. She approached the three nervous youth who abruptly snapped to attention.

"At ease. I am Captain Kaede. No need to introduce yourselves. I already know everything about you that I need to know. You were chosen because you are the best of the best of the best. Come aboard and follow me."

The three followed without question. However the lack of other crew began to nag at them all. Captain Kaede seemed to notice their unease.

"In case you are curious. There is no other crew. You three have been selected to represent Earth at the summit at Fox Fire to discuss matters of Intergalactic Peace."

She led them around the ship and gave a tour of all the facilities on board. She told them to prepare to launch in the half hour. The three hauled their duffle bags to their bunks and then ventured to the control room of the ship.

"All hands on deck?" Captain Kaede inquired in a pirate-type voice to humor the crew. They answered with a hearty "Aye-aye."

This would indeed be an interesting crew. Kaede only hoped that they were as brave and cunning as all the reports claimed them to be. She didn't think there would be any major problems at the conference, however, ever since Naraku became leader of Planet Youkai one never knew actions to expect. Planet Youkai was one of the reasons the summit was called because of all the acts of aggression it was inflicting on neighboring planets.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Belle: Okay I apologize, this chapter isn't so great.

~Inuyasha: She's writing it while she's at work!

~Belle: I know, I know that's very naughty of me.

~Sesshoumaru: If you readers like this let us know and eventually you'll get a good story out of this Belle girl.

~Belle: Was that supposed to be some sort of compliment?

~Sesshoumaru: This Sesshoumaru does not do compliments.