Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Intergalactic Treaty ❯ First Encounter ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome had come to a stop in the barroom. Standing before her the three men were eating various deserts and enjoying wines. They all stared at her waiting for her to speak.

"What's the matter, human? Don't know how to speak?" Sesshoumaru inquired of the woman who stood gaping at him and his two companions.

Youko shot him an annoyed glance, but quickly recovered. He had a mission after all and he would not let Sesshoumaru's superiority complex impede him. Youko smoothly walked towards the young woman who had snapped her jaw shut in embarrassment and anger.

"Greetings. I am Youko Kurama. You must be Kagome, for your beauty is well known." Youko flashed the stunned woman his most charming smile. `This is going to be easier than I thought.'

Kagome smiled and extended her hand which the Kitsune soon shook. "The pleasure is mine, Youko. I must assume you are the representatives from the planet Youkai. It would seem that our planets are the only two present thus far." She spoke with a cool confidence that caught the three men off guard.

Sesshoumaru especially thought that she would sputter and spasm and make a fool of herself. To his disappointment, she was quite elegant in the arts of speech. His brother, Inuyasha, on the other hand possessed no such elegance.

"Oye, woman, what are you doing sneaking up on us?" Inuyasha inquired in a rather annoyed tone.

Kagome glared at him, promising death within her stare. "I was not sneaking up on you, thank you very much. I was merely walking around the station and there is no one else here."

Kurama felt the urge to stop hostilities before they rose any higher, besides he had a mission and so far, compared to those two brothers coming off as jerks it would be easy to seduce this young woman.

"Kagome, why don't you join me for a drink? You are a much more pleasant sight than these two dogs." Kurama smiled sincerely at the woman as she nodded her head in acceptance and lead her away from the brothers towards the bar of the room they were standing in.

"Do you know what he is up to?" Sesshoumaru asked his brother after the others were out of earshot.

Inuyasha had an internal debate for about two seconds before deciding not to trust his brother with the information Kouga had shared. "He's Youko. He's doing what he always does."

The great ambassador, Sesshoumaru, nodded his head at his brother's declaration. It would appear that the womanizing Youko Kurama was simply living up to his reputation. However, he always enjoyed prodding an ember into a growing flame.

"Little brother, you do realize who that Kagome is right?"

"Yeah, she is one of those Earthlings. There is nothing real special about that." He replied while picking his canine teeth with the toothpick that once impaled a slice of cheese he just finished eating.

"She is the best pilot in the Milky Way. It is rumored that she is the best pilot in our sector of the universe." Sesshoumaru fought hard to control his satisfied grin as his brother's cheeks grew crimson in rage.

"The hell she is! NO one is better than I am! I'll go challenge that stupid human and then we'll see who the best is." Inuyasha threw down his tooth pick and marched over to the bar where Kurama and Kagome were enjoying a drink.

She was laughing at some joke that the fox-demon had told her and looked to be enjoying herself. At least that was until a certain inu-hanyou grabbed her roughly by the shoulder and spun her around on her barstool to face him.

"Hey wench, I hear you know how to handle a stick." Inuyasha challenged.

Kagome decided to play coy. She glanced down in front of him and smirked. "Yes boy, I can handle a stick."

It took all of her self control to hold in her suppressed giggles as Inuyasha's face burned blood red at her innuendo. Of course, Youko had no reservations about laughing at Inuyasha's embarrassment. "That is NOT what I meant!" He hollered.

"No need to shout. I know what you meant. And yes, I am quite good at FLYING." She stressed the word to avoid any further confusion.

"You need to know your place then. Around here I am the best pilot and will retain that honorable title." Inuyasha began but was interrupted as the woman read his thoughts plainly.

"Fine. Then I challenge you. As soon as some more dignitaries arrive I think we should race. Maybe it will teach YOU your place, boy." Kagome answered in a commanding voice that surprised the three youkai.

"Inuyasha, if you do not mind. I was enjoying a drink with the lovely Kagome; perhaps you could annoy someone else now." Kurama charismatically replied.

"Keh. Like I would want to talk to her." Inuyasha directed her with the most annoyed, bored, hate filled look he could possibly muster and stalked out of the room. He needed to talk to Kouga and Shippou and find out all he could about this girl's abilities. If he lost, as if that would ever happen, but if he lost Kouga would never let him live it down.

"Sorry about those two." Kurama apologized before he took another sip of his wine.

"Don't worry about it. I get stuff like this all the time. Guys never like to be threatened by a girl who may be better than them." Kagome smirked as her gaze drifted over Youko's shoulder towards Sesshoumaru. He was gazing out the window at the star-filled void of space.

"Really? Do you think you could threaten me?" Youko asked in his most seductive voice, brushing his lips against her ear. Shivers went down her spine, the expected result of course.

"I could try." Kagome answered trying to keep the rose color from staining her cheeks. She did not want to be compared to Inuyasha in anyway and it was obvious that he was easy to embarrass.

"So how is it that you of all humanity was chosen to represent Earth?" Kurama inquired as he took a sip of his wine while keeping his golden eyes intently locked to her emerald ones.

Kagome looked down in her lap, trying to escape his piercing gold gaze. "Actually, the top three aces were chosen from the academy. We were chosen for our intellectual scores on aptitude tests and our abilities."

Kurama hooked his finger under her chin so that her eyes would be lost once more in his gaze. "What kind of abilities? Obviously you have the skill of flight."

Kagome smiled at the Kitsune. "Yes, we all are skilled flyers. I also have certain innate powers, but I would rather not tell you all my secrets just yet."

"Ah, okay, then you can tell me your deepest, darkest secrets at a later time." Kurama continued giving her his seductive smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha left the barroom and sought solitude in a room down the corridor. He used his sensitive senses to inspect the area for any eaves droppers. Satisfied that none were present he used the communication device Kouga presented him with.

"Yo, Dog-breath, long time no see." Kouga cackled from the other line.

"Why do you call me names?" Inuyasha complained annoyed with the disrespect his friend bestowed upon him.

"Old habits die hard. What do you need to know?" Kouga responded.

"What do you know about Higarashi?"

"Hold on. Let me ask Shippou what he can find out." Kouga answered and then a few moments of silence followed as he had Shippou work his magic.

Inuyasha strained his ears to hear the back ground noise.

"Wow! She's hot! Yo, do you think Naraku will let go to the summit?" Kouga asked Shippou as he was peering over his shoulder looking at the computer screen Shippou had brought up the Earthling's information up on.

"No way Kouga. Knowing you you'd try to make her your woman or something. Let me talk to Inuyasha and tell him." Shippou answered as he yanked the communicator from the wolf-youkai's hands.

"Shippou tell me good news?" Inuyasha demanded annoyed with Kouga's obvious infatuation with the ningen.

"Hey, Inuyasha you sound pleasant. So, Kagome Higarashi she's quite the catch. You usually have such bad taste in women, for once you did good." Shippou informed him with a note of approval.

"Stupid fur-ball, I wouldn't waste my time on a woman like her."

"Figures, besides she's out of your league anyway. It says here that she's the top of her academy and by the looks of things the best pilot in the universe. Even Kouga agrees that her stats are unsurpassable." Shippou continued.

"She is not out of my league! I mean, whatever. What else? Any clue why Youko would be hitting on her?"

"Most likely he's trying to get close to her and then use her to attain the Shikon no Tama. He is a thief at heart. No way could he pass up such an opportunity." Shippou answered.

"How could she help him attain that resource? It's not like she carries it around in her body or something." Inuyasha muttered with his frustration mounting.

"Actually Inuyasha, we have no idea about what the Shikon no Tama is actually like. It could be microscopic or the size of a continent. It's a real mystery. It would seem that Naraku thinks this woman may hold the key to its secrets." Shippou told him.

"I don't think this girl knows anything. She's just annoying." Inuyasha grumbled.

Kouga shook his head at the hanyou's stubbornness. "Inuyasha if you can't handle her, I'll be happy to."

"No way! She's my responsibility to protect." Inuyasha interjected.

"Protect? Who said anything about protecting her?" Shippou asked confused.

"You guys just said that Youko is obviously trying to get the Shikon no Tama out of her and she's probably too gullible to protect herself. We all know that if Naraku gets possession of the resource that he will be unstoppable." Inuyasha defended his answer.

"Okay, you have a good point. We can not allow Naraku to attain possession of Earth's resource. He's deadly enough without it. Hey, if you would like I'd be more than happy to help you manage the girl, she's obviously a hassle." Kouga offered.

"No way wolf. Hey, I need to go. Someone's coming. Inu out." Inuyasha flicked off his device before the others could respond as a nose tingling aroma met his senses.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Inuyasha?" Kagome called out. She knew that he had headed off in this direction. Youko had some business he needed to address and Sesshoumaru, was Sesshoumaru.

"What do you want?" Inuyasha asked as he stepped into view with a scowl upon his face.

"I just wanted to talk with you. I think we got off on the wrong foot and wanted to start over." She flashed him her award winning smile.

Inuyasha couldn't help but smile back. However, the grin slipped off his face quickly. "Why do you care?"

Kagome shrugged her shoulders. "Come on; let's go check out the stars. Kurama told me what a good pilot you are and so I'm sure you know all about the stars around here. I want you to tell me about them so that we can have a fair race."

"Why would I want to help you in a race against me?" Inuyasha asked curious about her line of reasoning.

"I can tell you are honorable and only want to win if you know it was a fair victory." Kagome wisely answered.

Inuyasha was mildly pleased that she saw him as being so honorable. It was true. If he couldn't beat her on even terms then he would always be plagued wondering if he truly was better or not. "Keh, fine." Inuyasha agreed and grabbed the woman's hand to drag her after him towards the large window.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Miroku? Don't you think we should check on Kagome. She should have been back by now." Sango began to worry.

Miroku raised an eyebrow. "You're worried about Kagome? I would think that more than anyone, she would be able to take care of herself."

"I'm sure you are right, but we should be sure."

"Of course my love. I would love to check up on the beloved sister neither of us ever had. Let's go."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Inuyasha was actually surprised he was having a good time with this Kagome. "That star is Sirius. I believe you can spot it from your solar system as well." Inuyasha pointed to a particularly bright star.

"Yes, the dog-star, it was always one of my favorites." Kagome replied. She was actually having a good time learning the patterns of the celestial bodies in this sector of the universe. It was a shame that Inuyasha didn't see her as anything but a rival pilot.

"Well that is all of the main cosmic bodies. The others won't aid you much in our race." Inuyasha turned to face her, lesson complete for the time being.

"I appreciate it ----"Kagome began but was interrupted.

"Kagome!" Miroku ran up to her and Inuyasha with Sango running alongside. Inuyasha growled annoyed that he failed to notice their approach because he was absorbed in paying attention to that stupid pilot girl.

"Miroku! Sango! I see you decided to finally join me on deck?" Kagome inquired. "This is Inuyasha." She introduced the dog-demon who's face seemed to hold a perpetual frown.

Inuyasha nodded in acknowledgement and then left the three earthlings. It wasn't that he was anti-social, but he didn't enjoy meeting people.

"Nice fellow." Sango dryly commented.

"He's an excellent pilot and he is very knowledgeable about the space environment here." Kagome defended. Little did she know that Inuyasha may have been out of sight, but he could certainly still hear their conversation.

"Does Kagome-chan have crush?" Miroku asked as Sango knocked him upside the head for his rudeness.

"It's not like that. Besides all I do is annoy him. Oh, but I met the ambassador and he's very cold. But then there is Youko, he's a total dream."

Inuyasha rolled his eyes and then left, no longer did the conversation amuse him. `Stupid girl, what do I care who she likes?'