Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inu Meets Yu Yu ❯ Kitsune Control ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Youko! Kagome's in danger! She's being attacked by a youkai!" Shippou yelled as he came to the clearing where Inuyasha and Youko were having their death match.

Youko snarled and grabbed Shippou from the ground before running toward Kagome's scent.

He ran into the clearing, and didn't see the youkai. He relaxed and changed back into his human form. But then he immediately tensed, smelling even in his human form, Kagome's blood. Kurama though, put his foot down on Youko and stayed in his human form. He wasn't going to let Youko out. He had been let out too many times already.

He then saw her, laying on the other side of the clearing. He ran toward her, Shippou still in his arms.

"Kagome?" He asked as he knelt beside her. "Kagome?" he asked again.

"Momma?" Shippou asked, standing on her stomach.

"Kurama? Shippou?" Kagome asked weakly, trying to remove the bouncing kit from her stomach, who was now jumping in happiness that she was alright.

"Are you alright, Kagome?" Kurama asked as he stood and offered her a hand.

"I think so. It's just... did you see her?" Kagome asked as she took his hand.

"See who?" Kurama asked as he pulled her up.

"The... Fate..." Kagome asked slowly, looking around for the woman.

"Uh, Kagome? What happened?" Kurama asked her.

"Well, there was this youkai..." Kagome said, before Kurama interrupted her.

"No, not that. This." Kurama said, showing Kagome her hand.

"What? It's just my hand... with claws..." Kagome said, realizing what he was talking about.

Kagome immediately put her hands on her head, and looked at looked at Kurama. She didn't feel her ears. Yet, she could clearly hear Shippou asking what was wrong. In fact, she could hear Kurama breathing. Yet one thing surprised her. She could hear Inuyasha running through the forest. But how could she hear these things so clearly yet have no ears?

Then she watched Kurama slowly put his hand up toward the top of her head. She started purring as she felt a warm sensation flood her body.

Kurama chuckled as he rubbed her ears. He took his hand away and she stopped purring.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Shippou asked. He smelled it in her scent, but couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Kagome smiling and knelt before him.

"Shippou, I think I turned into a kitsune." Kagome said.

Shippou hugged her. "Now I have a real family again! I kitsune mommy and daddy!" he squealed.

*****

Inuyasha stopped at the edge of the clearing. What he saw turned him hanyou again. There was a beautiful woman kitsune with Shippou and the bastard Kurama standing beside them.

The woman kitsune resembled Kagome. She had the same length of hair, yet with silver tips and no bangs. The same went for the ears on top of her head. Black with silver tips. The same cerulean blue eyes as Kagome, yet again with silver flecks. He smelled her scent, and to his surprise, it was Kagome. Turned kitsune.

He was about to make his presence known, when he heard Kagome speak.

"Shippou, I think I turned into a kitsune." she said.

Shippou ran into her arms and said something that made his blood boil. "Now I have a real family again! A kitsune mommy and daddy!"

He saw Kagome and Kurama blush, which made him even angrier. They didn't even deny it.

"Feh. They may look like kitsunes, but they're sorry excuses for them." Inuyasha said as he stepped into the clearing. He was mad enough to turn into a demon, yes, but fortunately for the trees in the clearing, had found Tetsusaiga on his way here, so he wasn't going to start a battle in a blind rage. Which of course, would destroy that part of his forest.

"Inuyasha. Is that how you treat someone who you tried to rape?" Kagome asked coldly, surprising Shippou, Kurama, and even Inuyasha at the harshness of it.

"You lie, bitch. Why would I try to rape YOU?" Inuyasha retorted.

"I do not lie, Inuyasha. Here comes your walking corpse. Let her take you to hell. I no longer care." Kagome said in the same voice, walking away with Shippou in her arms and Kurama behind her.

"What did you call Kikyou?" Inuyasha asked, jumping in front of her.

"A walking corpse. That is what she is, isn't it?" Kagome asked unfazed.

Inuyasha raised his claws to strike her, but Kagome grabbed his wrist before he could finish the swipe.

"You would strike me twice in one night. Inuyasha, you betrayed me. And everyone in our group. You would strike us the minute we try and tell you the truth. Do not face me again unless with an apology." Kagome said emotionlessly.

"Feh. I don't owe you or anyone else one, bitch." Inuyasha said.

"I am not Kikyou, Inuyasha." Kagome said, walking away, followed by Kurama and Shippou.

By the time Inuyasha figured out that Kagome said he had called Kikyou a bitch, they were gone from the clearing, and Kikyou had appeared with her soul stealers.

"Inuyasha. Are you still thinking of my reincarnate?" Kikyou asked in her dead voice. (Hmm... I wonder how that could be...)

"Wha?" Inuyasha said, Kikyou breaking him out of his thoughts.

"You were thinking of HER weren't you?" Kikyou asked him.

"Who? Sango? Kaede? Ka... Oh." Inuyasha asked, before realizing of who she was talking about.

"No, I wasn't." Inuyasha replied quickly, obviously lieing.

"Inuyasha, she is a copy. I am the original, remember? You said it yourself." Kikyou said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Inuyasha said before rushing off. When he got to a stream, he looked at his reflection. He then remembered all the times he had compared Kagome and Kikyou. Always saying Kikyou was better. He now understood why she went home in anger. He had hurt her. His job was to protect her. He was the one who had caused her pain, emotionally, and now physically with striking her shoulder. How could he?

Inuyasha's ears drooped as he realized he was her biggest tormentor. He then decided right then to leave. After he apologized to her, of course.

He ran quickly the well. He hesitated, but then jumped in. Only he didn't smell Kikyou in the clearing, watching him. She immediately decided to take care of her 'copy' once and for all.

"He then, can only see me." she whispered before leaving to prepare. *****

"Kagome?" Inuyasha called as he headed into her room.

She wasn't here, he realized. He sniffed around and found out that Shippou, Kurama, and Kagome had come here, but didn't stay. They seemed to have walked down the street.

Inuyasha followed their scents. No one was on the street, as once again in was midnight. It was easier for him to follow their scents with no one recently gone over them.

*****

"Shoot..... shoot......shoot....." Kurama was calling out, dodging arrows that Kagome was shooting.

Kagome was panting. She had been shooting arrow after arrow for what seemed like hours. And they weren't even made of wood. Too work on both her skill and her control, Kurama had ordered her to call up a bow and arrow. Made from ice. They had soon discovered she could control ice, like Kurama plants and Shippou fire. She had shot ice arrow after ice arrow at Kurama, who had dodged every one of them. But conjuring up the bow, and then many arrows, had taken a toll on her strength.

Kurama finally let her stop.

"Ok, you can stop now. I did this to wear down your strength. Now you can learn to control it much easier. Shall we begin?" he asked as he sat down next to where she was standing.

"Can't it end already?" Kagome panted and massaged her arms.

Kurama smiled. "No, I'm afraid this is only the beginning." he said.

Kagome groaned, but sat down beside Kurama.

"Can I join?" Shippou asked as he sat on Kagome's lap.

"Sure. You just can't sit there." Kurama said and removed Shippou from Kagome's lap.

"Ok, now close your eyes and calm yourselves." he instructed.

Shippou sat still and calmed himself, but Kagome kept fidgeting. (No, I didn't mix up the names ^^)

"Kagome, is something bothering you?" Kurama asked her as after 5 minutes she still hadn't calmed herself.

"No, it's just like I can't get calm." she whined. "Take a couple deep breathes, and try to rid yourself of all thoughts. You too Shippou." Kurama said.

After a few more minutes, Kagome was finally able to calm herself.

"Ok, now reach deep inside yourself for your power. It should feel warm and comforting." Kurama now instructed.

Kagome's power immediately surfaced, and she glowed silver, and so did the air around her. After a few more seconds, Shippou glowed a red like Kagome.

"Now imagine pulling that power inside of you, but only a small part. Maybe like your head, a finger, or maybe even your nose." Kurama said, and that caused Shippou to giggle, he but didn't lose his concentration.

Kagome's silver glow slowly diminished from Kurama's vision, and soon only her finger tips glowed silver.

Shippou's red, however, didn't seem to want to stay inside of him. Every time a little red stayed inside, as soon as he brought another piece in, the first piece left.

"That is good for today. Good job Kagome. You did well for your first time. Shippou, you did awesome too. You'll be even stronger than Inuyasha at this rate." Kurama congratulated as he stood up and helped Kagome up. Shippou glowed at the praise, though it was short lived.

"Feh. Don't count on it Flower Boy." Inuyasha said as he appeared with them.

"Shippou was soon gnawing on Inuyasha's ears. "Don't insult Kurama!" he said.

"Feh. I'll do as I like." Inuyasha said before throwing Shippou off his head.

"Is there a reason you're here, Inuyasha?" Kagome asked coldly, as she caught Shippou before he hit the ground.

"Of course there's a reason wen- I mean Kagome." Inuyasha said, and straightened himself.

"Go on." Kagome said.

"I, well, I guess I came to apologize for these last two years (They've been searching for these jewel shards for two years) and I'm sorry for calling you names and not allowing you to go home." he said.

"And?" Kagome prodded.

"And for comparing you to Kikyou all the time." "And?"

"And for hitting Shippou."

"And?"

"And for, uh, calling you weak?"

"And?"

"And what?" Inuyasha yelled at her.

Kagome just smiled and hugged him. "I forgive you." she said. Inuyasha sighed in relief at that.

"Friends?" she asked when she broke away. She stuck out her hand.

"Friends." Inuyasha said and smiled, shaking her hand.

*****

Ok, I got a little Inu/Kag fluff, yet Kurama isn't out of the picture folks! I didn't want Inu to seem like himself and mess up the whole scene, so he may seem OOC.

Inu: Hey!

Kagome: You have to admit, it's true though. Review, peeps. They make HO so happy.

Inu: Look, I thought of something! Maybe HO is half of a hoho!

HO: You people mock me! How rude!

The Hidden One