Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ K&K: Collision Course ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
~The Helicopter Arrival~

People began gathering together in what was the waiting room for the hospital, but was now the sitting room. Everyone had some of things they had gotten while being there for the past five, almost six months. It was still raining very hard and was dangerous for the helicopters to come pick up anybody, but Prime Minister, Junichiro Koizumi had decided that the refugees had been stranded in Tokyo for far too long, and the danger was limited, now that the helicopter would only be transporting the people to the above ground train station, where from there, they would transfer them to Nagoya.
The helicopter could only fit so many people, and it was decided that woman and children would be the first to go. There, the train would take them from the station in Tokyo to the station in Nagoya and head back for the rest.
Everyone stood there, waiting, talking, but then, the sound of a loud helicopter propeller powered over the loud sound of the pouring rain. The helicopter had arrived and was landing on the roof. Everyone got excited and began to cheer and clap. There rescue had finally began.
“Neonna, I want you to go.” Kurama said.
“I don’t want to leave you, Kurama. I don’t see the big deal anyway. Don’t you want to me to wait with you?” she asked.
“Of course I want you to wait with me. I just don’t exactly have the greatest feeling right now.” he explained.
“What do you mean?”
“I just feel some kind of paranoia. Or more of an unsettling feeling.”
“Well then we should stay together. Either way, Kurama, I’m not going anywhere. Not without you.”
Meanwhile, Kioto and Mayella were saying their goodbyes. They were hugging and appreciating each other. Mayella knew she should go, being pregnant and all. Kioto wasn’t about to let his child and it’s mother remain in this unhealthy environment, anyway.
“I’ll see you in Nagoya.” Kioto said, lightening his grip around Mayella’s body.
She smiles. “Okay. I love you.”
I love you.” he says before they kiss.
As soon as the helicopter had completely landed, two men got off and came inside the building. They came down the stairs and through the exit door from the top floor of the hospital.
“Okay, everybody, can I have your attention?” one of the men called out.
Everyone stopped talking and put their full attention on the man who was talking.
“Thank you.” he said when the room had become fully quiet. “This is how the evacuation is going to work: a line is going to be formed here, woman and children, first. We can take up to fifty two people this first time around, we have already picked up some other people from around the city and then we’ll fly everyone over to the station where you will board the train. Now everyone, we have to do this as quick as possible. The rain and gusts are very strong and could wipe you away like nothing. So, as soon as the first shift is boarded onto the train, they’ll be taken straight to Nagoya. Now, I’m not exactly sure on the details, but I am hearing that another train will come and pick up the remaining people instead of the first train taking the first batch to Nagoya and coming back for the rest. So, can we start the line going here? Thank you.” the man said as a line began to form by the exit door to the roof.
“They’re having communication problems.” the man said.
“What did you say, Imbi?” Tsukino asked her husband.
“I read his mind. They’re having severe communication problems because of the tsunami and the weather conditions.”
“I wish you could come with us, Father.” Taihen said.
“Oh, Taihen,” Tsukino said. “I’m going to stay here, with your father and wait for the next shift to go.” Tsukino said.
“Oh, I should’ve known!” Taihen began yelling. Everyone looked over. “I knew you guys would bail on me!”
“Taihen! Taihen, stop yelling!” Tsukino said.
“But....”
“Taihen....” Imbi said, giving his son a look, the look that tells the child to stop doing what they’re doing or else.
“But why can’t I stay behind with you guys? What am I suppose to go alone?”
“Uh....” Tsukino said as she looked up at Imbi. “What about your friend, Simon?”
“Shippou.” Taihen said correcting his mother.
“Shippou, where’s his mother? Can’t you tag along with them?” she asked.
“Shippou doesn’t have a mother, or a father. He lives with his good friends. They kind of adopted him.”
“Well then we’ll ask them, if you can go with them.” Imbi said, suspiciously looking around. Taihen sucked his teeth in disappointment.
“Come on, Mother.” he said walking away from his father, to find Shippou. Tsukino followed behind.
Kagome stood in the line with Shippou, Kai, and Iza in her arms. She looked around like she was looking for something.... or someone, rather. Shippou noticed this and had realized who she was looking around for.
“Oh, Kagome!” Mikoumi said as her and Grandpa ran up to them in the line. “We ran to get something to eat before we left.”
Shippou thought that maybe it was her mother and Grandpa. But then, he noticed that Kagome had barely paid any attention to her mother and grandfather but a nod of her head.
“Shippy!” Kai yelled.
“Not now, Kai!” Shippou said pushing him. Kai fell on the floor and got up and went to Kagome.
“Mommy, Shippy pushed me.” he said in a whining tone.
Kagome looked down at him. “Mom, take Iza.” she said handing the infant to her mother.
“Oh, sure, honey.” Mikoumi said.
Kagome reached down and picked up Kai. But she didn’t stop looking around.
Shippou seen this and knew she had to be looking for InuYasha. He then slowly walked off. He looked around, himself. “Where in the world could he be?” he asked himself.
“Hey, Shippou!” Taihen called out, not more than ten feet away, with Tsukino.
Shippou didn’t bother to look over. He just kept looking around, ignoring everything else.
“Shippou!” Taihen yelled out again.
Finally, Shippou turned around. “Oh. Hi, Taihen.” he said, starring behind him.
“What are looking for?” Tsukino asked.
“Huh? Oh, nothing.” he replied. “What’s up?”
“Well, my parents decided that I was an inconvenience and they rather ship me off alone, while they stay here and do things I don’t want to talk about!” Taihen said.
“Taihen!!” Tsukino screamed.
“So I’m gona go with you, okay?” Taihen said quickly, before he grabbed Shippou’s arm and ran from his mother.
Tsukino just shook her head. “Bye, Taihen! Love you!” She yelled out. She then turned around and walked back to Imbi.
Jagoku walked his wife over to the line. They were kind of sad to get away from each other because this was the first time that Jagoku would be away from his wife and son in months. Souri was so upset to be leaving him, even it was for just some hours.
“Look, there’s Kagome.” Jagoku said as they walked, skipping the entire line behind Kagome.
“Hey! Back of the line!” A man yelled.
Jagoku stopped, stopped Souri as well, who was holding Daniel. He turned around to the man. “Mind your own business or I’ll kick your teeth in!” Jagoku said.
“I’d like to see you try!” The man said. Jagoku took a step forward, with the intentions of hurting this man.
“Jagoku!” Souri said, grabbing his arm. “Let it go.”
Jagoku took a deep breath and turned around to his wife. He put his arms around her and they proceeded to walk to where Kagome was.
“Yeah, that’s what I thought!” The man yelled out.
Again, Jagoku took a deep breath to calm himself and let it go, like his wife asked.
They cut in the line with Kagome. They were going to be the next people to go so they had to say their goodbyes. Souri began to tear.
“I’ll see you soon, alright.” Jagoku said.
“Yeah. I love you.” she said.
“I love you, too.”
“I have a surprise for you.”
“What is it?” Jagoku asks.
“I’ll tell you when I see you.” Souri smiles and tries to avoid him going further into it.
Souri quickly handed Daniel over to Jagoku who kissed his son’s head and gave him a big hug. He then handed Daniel back to Souri, the two kissed and Souri walked past the man, who counted her as number thirty-one.
Next Mikoumi went, thirty-two, then Grandpa, thirty-three, Grandpa held Kai’s hand, which made him thirty-four. Kagome stood and looked around.
“Ma’am, you’re holding up the line!” the man said. Kagome paid no attention. Then, Shippou and Taihen came running up.
“Ma’am!” the man called out again. “Ma’am, let’s go!”
Shippou and Taihen watched her for a second. “Kagome,” Shippou said tapping her leg. “Kagome, come on.” he said. She looked down at him and Taihen. “This is Taihen. He’s coming with us.” Kagome nodded and looked again.
“Come on!!” The man yelled.
Shippou grabbed her hand and the three of them, Shippou, Taihen, and Kagome were counted.
~Outside~

Shippou and Taihen went through the roof door, first and ran to the helicopter, from the rain, where another man helped them inside. Kagome came out into the rainy weather after, and slowly walked toward the helicopter. Other people came out, including Mayella, who was last on the line, behind her and ran right past her. Mayella stepped up onto the helicopter, and got in.
“Kagome, come on!” Mikoumi yelled.
She ignored her mother and just became soaked in the rain. She soon made it up to the helicopter where the man put his hand out for her to grab. She looked back again at the door and just saw other people come out. She turned around and grabbed his hand and stepped up on the helicopter.
“Kagome! Kagome! Wait!!” InuYasha said running out the door and into the rain.
Kagome turned around and seen InuYasha running toward her. Her eyes opened wide. She let go of the man’s hand and jumped out of the helicopter, running toward InuYasha.
“InuYasha!!” she yelled.
The two ran into each other’s arms, into a hug, then they kissed.
“I’m so sorry, InuYasha!” Kagome said.
“No, I’m the one who should be sorry!” he told her.
They practically had to yell at each other, over the sound of the rain and the propeller of the helicopter. Shippou, Taihen, Mikoumi, Kai, Grandpa, Mayella and Souri looked out the window and watched, and smiled.
“Let’s not fight like that ever, ever again!” Kagome said. The two were soaked. InuYasha nodded.
“Kagome!” he said.
“What?”
“Marry me!”
“What?” she asked, she didn’t hear him.
“Marry me! Marry me!” he yelled smiling.
Kagome’s face lit up. “Yes! Yes!”
“What?”
“Yes! I’ll marry you, InuYasha!” he picked her up in his arms and the two kissed.
“Come on!” the man kept yelling.
“You gotta go!” InuYasha said.
“No, I want to stay behind with you!”
“I’ll be right behind you! Go!” he said.
Kagome was reluctant and the two kissed, but he lightly pushed her. “Go.” he said. Kagome walked backwards, starring at InuYasha, all the way back to the helicopter. InuYasha stroked his wet, long hair. “I love you” she lipped to him, before getting on the helicopter. She was the last person to get on. They closed the door and the man from inside, counting everyone ran out, past InuYasha and he and the other man got into the helicopter from the front.
InuYasha stood there and watched as it slowly picked up off the ground. Kioto came running out and stood next to him. He waved to Mayella, and her and Kagome stared at their loves as they lifted up and took off.
~Back Inside~

Kioto and InuYasha had come back in after they couldn’t see the helicopter in the sky anymore. They would have been out there longer, had the fog not been so thick.
“What are you two still doing here?” Kioto asked when him and InuYasha walked through the door. There stood Mayuko, Ara, Keiko and Yume, with Yana, Kido, Hiei, and Yusuke.
“They cut the line off right in front of us!” Mayuko said.
“Those bastards!” Yume said.
“It’s okay, Mayuko. Now we can ride there together.” Kido said.
Mayuko smiled and blushed at the same time.
“Wow, doesn’t this place seem so empty with almost everybody gone?” Keiko said.
“Yeah,.... it’s weird.” Yusuke said.
InuYasha walked over and sat down on one of the couches. He was excited about the question he asked Kagome, and the answer he got. He was a bit depressed, though. Ara seen InuYasha was all alone and knew he was Sesshomaru’s brother, but had never really spoken to him.
“Hi.” she said, walking over to him. InuYasha looked up at her. “Would you like some company?” she shrugged.
Kioto walked over to a very quiet Hiei and whispered in his ear.
“You feel that, don’t you?” he asked.
Hiei gave him a look. “This can’t be good.” he said.
“Where’s Kurama?” Kioto asked.
“I think he went to the cafeteria, with Neonna. He must feel it to.” Hiei replied.
Kioto nodded. “Come on. We need to talk to them.”
~On The Helicopter~

“I’ll be right back. I want to see how Kagome is.” Shippou said to Taihen. He got up and walked into the isle. The helicopter was shaking and he tried to keep his balance. Kagome was sitting in the very back of the helicopter. Shippou held on to the chairs that he walked past, but then the helicopter shook quick and hard, like it hit a bump. Shippou fell into someone’s lap.
He went to stand up. “Oh, sorry, sir.” he said before he looked up and realized who’s lap he fell into. The man was sleeping. “Tamahome?” Shippou said in shock.
Next to Tamahome was Miaka, who had little Hope sleeping on her lap. “Shippou?” Miaka said. She smiled.
Behind Tamahome and Miaka was Rin and Kohaku, who were both sleeping. Rin was shaking in her sleep, though. She was having a nightmare.
She hears screaming down the hall. She walks out of her room and into the palace hallway. She walks slowly to the room where she hears the screaming. The door is slightly open. She pushes it all the way open, with her little hand.
“Stop!! Help!! Somebody!! Neonna!!” Kagome screams as Sesshomaru rapes her.
Rin witnesses this all. She begins to shake and cry. She breaths heavily. Kagome continues to scream and cry for help. Rin slowly steps back, keeping her eyes on this whole scene. She then falls back on her behind, right by the stairs. She then quickly gets up and runs down the stairs, still hearing the screams of Kagome.
She runs through the huge palace where she runs straight into Jaken.
“Rin! What’s wrong?!” he asks.
Rin cries and quickly jumps up and runs straight to the door. Jaken gets up and chases after her. “Rin! Rin!” he calls out to her.
Rin runs out into the woods, still hearing Jaken behind her, screaming her name. She runs as fast as she can at her age. Then suddenly, she trips over a rock and cuts her leg on an extremely sharp- tipped, large other.
“Ahhh!!” she screams out in pain on the dirt ground. She grabs her leg where the cut is. She then hears Jaken approaching. She quickly tries to get up, but Jaken gets there before she can run off again. He grabs her arm.
“Rin, what’s wrong?!” he asks frantically.
“Let go! Let go, Jaken!” she screams as she continues to try and run off.
“Rin! What’s wrong?!” he yells louder. She doesn’t answer but tries to push him off of her. He doesn’t let go. “Whatever it is, we can tell Lord Sesshomaru, he’ll take care of it! Just come back, Rin!” Jaken yells.
“No! I’ll never go back there!” she screams.
“Why?!”
“Lord Sesshomaru! He was hurting Kagome! Raping her!” Rin yells as she continues to struggle with him.
“What?! Lord Sesshomaru would never!”
“He did! He did do it!”
“Never would Lord Sesshomaru do such a awful thing! We’ll sort this out! Just come back, Rin!” he says as he pulls on her his hardest.
“No! NO!” she screams before she pushes him with all her might.
Jaken falls back onto the ground and his face comes into a look of shock. Rin stares at him and she was just about to run off, but stopped.
“Jaken?” she says. She slowly walks over to him. She kneels down and looks into his eyes, which are opened wide, and not moving. “Jaken?” she says again. She then goes to pick him up and puts her hand on the back of his head where she feels a liquid. She pulls her hand back and looks at it. She sees blood on it. She looks scared at it. She then realizes that his head is layed on a rock. She then realizes he fell and his head went into the exact same sharp rock she cut her leg on. She’s in shock. She’s breathing heavily. She looks at her hand again and then slowly stands up, not knowing what to do. She looks around. No one is there. Her eyes begin to water and she then runs off into the woods.
Jaken is dead.
“No! I’m sorry!” Rin says as she jumps up screaming. Everyone looks at her. She woke up Kohaku, Tamahome, and even Hope. Kohaku jumped up to calm her down.
“Rin! Rin! It’s okay!” he says.
Kagome stares at them. She knew them and was in a bit of a shock to see them.
“He raped her! He raped Kagome!” She screams.
“Rin! Rin! Calm down!” Kohaku tells her before the helicopter shakes again and causes them all to fall. Rin and Kohaku on top of each other in the seats and Shippou back on Tamahome. Tamahome notices Shippou.
“Shippou?” he says when it seems to have gotten quiet. Rin passed out again.
Miaka quickly placed Hope on Tamahome’s lap and turned around to Kohaku and Rin. “Is she okay, Kohaku?” she asks nervously.
“I-I don’t know.” he says as he pulls her off of him, placing her back in her seat.
Kagome stands up and runs over to them. “Kohaku, what’s going on?” she asks.
“Kagome!” he says. Then he sees Shippou who moved next to Kagome. “Shippou! I don’t know what happened. I think she was dreaming or something.”
“Hey, Kagome!” Miaka says. Kagome steps past Shippou to where Tamahome and Miaka are sitting.
“Hey!” she says hugging both of them. Her and Shippou can barely keep their balance.
Kagome, Tamahome, and Miaka forget about what just happened and greet each other.
“How are you guys? I was so worried about you’s when the wave hit.” Kagome says.
“We’re good. We survived! But, what are you doing here?” Miaka asks.
Kagome shrugs. Taihen sits in his seat and watches as this weird scene occurs.
“Strange people.” he says rolling his eyes. “Thanks parental units.” he says.
~The Hospital~

Ara and InuYasha sit in a sort of silence.
“Do you want a towel? You’re dripping everywhere.” she said with a slight laugh.
“Sure. Thanks.” he says. Ara stands up and runs to get InuYasha a towel from the nearby bathroom. She runs back and hands it to him before sitting down.
“So, how’s your children?” she asks.
“They’re great. Kai and Iza are just great.” he says.
Ara thought the conversation was a little awkward but when InuYasha mentioned Kai, she remembered that Sesshomaru had once mentioned him also. “Um.... is Kai your son?”
“Yeah. I’m his dad. But his father.... is your ex-lover.”
Ara was shocked that InuYasha actually knew that she was with Sesshomaru. She took a deep breath. “How’d you know about that? Not many people do.”
“It’s obvious. Kai looks just like me....” Ara interupted.
“Except for those reddish scars beneath his eyes. And the crescent moon on his forehead. Both of which Sesshomaru have.”
“Well, how in the world would you know Sesshomaru, or question who Kai’s father is. I think it would make more sense to question whether Kagome is his mother than if I am his father. Just look at the child.” he said.
Kioto and Hiei come charging through the door of the cafeteria. Neonna just threw some mash potatoes in Kurama’s face. The two were laughing.
“Kurama!” Hiei said as they approached.
“Hungry boys?” Neonna says laughing.
“This is no time for jokes!” Hiei says. Neonna stops laughing and wonders what is going on. Kurama the mash potatoes off of his face with his hand.
“Kurama, you feel it don’t you?” Kioto asked.
“Feel what?” Neonna asked.
“That unsettling feeling.” Hiei said.
Kurama took a napkin and wiped the rest of his face. He then shook his head and took a deep breath.
“There’s something going on.” Kioto says.