Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Crush ❯ Inuyasha Vs. Hiei ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or any of its characters. Same with YYH!*

Chapter 14- Inuyasha Vs. Hiei

Inuyasha pulled the Tetsusiaga out in front of him. He smirked.

"You are gonna wish you never challenged me. Prepare to LOOSE!" Inuyasha shouted as he lunged toward Hiei with the Tetsusiaga. Hiei just stood there. Inuyasha swung his sword at Hiei, but then he vanished!

"Huh? Where'd he go?!" As soon as those words left his mouth he was struck from behind and fell face first into the ground. He picked himself up and saw Hiei standing there with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Man another fight?!" Kuwabara whined. " When do we get to go home?"

"Shut up Kuwabara! This is interesting!" Yusuke yelled.

Kagome sat on the ground and watched the fight. She wore a look of concern on her face. Kurama approached Kagome.

"Excuse me, Kagome. May I?" He motioned to the spot next to her. Kagome looked up and nodded.

"Kagome, if you don't mind me asking, where do you want to stay?" Kagome looked at him puzzled.

"With Inuyasha or with us?" He clarified for her. Kagome thought for a minute. She hugged her knees to her chest and rested her chin on her knees.

"I would want to stay with Inuyasha." She smiled. "Please don't tell him this, but I care for him a lot and I enjoy being around him. He makes me happy. I would like to come visit you guys once in a while though."

Kurama smiled at her honestly. "Well, as long as you're happy. I can understand that you would want to stay with Inuyasha. You were with him from the start."

"It's not just that. He has a ruff past and was never accepted by anyone. He couldn't afford to put his trust in anyone. He trusts me now and told me things he never told anyone else. I don't think he could take it if I left him. He would crawl back into his shell and shut everyone out again."

Kurama sighed and looked at the two combatants.

Inuyasha was getting frustrated. No matter what he did he just couldn't hit him!

"Why can't you stay put?!"

"Ha! Why? Am I going to fast for you? Just proves that I am better."

Inuyasha began to growl. He raised the Tetsusiaga above his head.

"Please. Must you try again? If it didn't work the first 85 times, what makes you think it will work now?"

"Because this time I am doing it differently!" The wind wrapped itself around the Tetsusiaga and Inuyasha swiped the sword down and unleashed the wind scar. It moved quickly toward Hiei.

"Get down!" Kagome yelled. Everyone ducked out of the way.

Hiei stood there in shock, but moved out of the way at the last minute. He was grazed by the attack. A small scrape appeared across his chest.

"Huh. Wow he finally hit me. It wasn't enough to kill me. Now I believe it is my turn."

The Jagan began to glow as the power surged through Hiei. He withdrew his Katana from the sheath. He harnessed the power of the darkness flame and it flowed into the sword. Hiei smirked. The dark energy filled the room.

"Ahh! It feels creepy! Why does he have to use this attack?!"

"Shut up Kuwabara!"

Inuyasha watched Hiei prepare for his attack. The little hairs on the back of neck were standing on end as a shiver ran up his spine.

"Uh. Don't like the feel of that."

"You shouldn't. This attack will end it." Hiei charged toward Inuyasha with his darkness flame infused sword ready. Inuyasha got the Tetsusiaga ready for defense. Hiei brought the sword down on Inuyasha, but he blocked with the Tetsusiaga. Little bolts of lightning from Hiei's sword and Hit Inuyasha. They burned his haori and would soon burn his flesh. As the little lightning bolts continued their assault on his shirt, one managed to touch flesh. Inuyasha hissed in pain, but did not back down.

Suddenly a glowing pink arrow struck the two swords and their power diminished. Inuyasha's sword transformed back and Hiei's turned back into a normal Katana.

"STOP!" Kagome yelled. She still had her bow in her hand. Inuyasha and Hiei looked at her.

"Kagome, why……?"

"Inuyasha, Hiei you don't need to fight over me. I can make the decision on my own. I choose to go with Inuyasha. I have another mission to complete. I am very sorry Hiei." Hiei looked at the ground. Kagome felt bad. She didn't know what else to do. She walked over to him and gave him a hug. He was shocked and unsure of what to do.

"Uh, it's OK Kagome. I understand."

Kagome released him and smiled.

"Thanks. I have to go now, but maybe I can visit you guys some time." Kagome said.

"Come on Kagome let's go home." Inuyasha walked out with Kagome and led her home.

"So, uh, it's over?" Kuwabara asked.

"Yeah, let's go home." Yusuke said and he and Kuwabara headed home.

Kurama looked over at Hiei.

"You OK?"

"Yeah, fine. Let's go. I can't stand this place any longer." Hiei stated and headed out with Kurama behind him.

The YYH gang returned to Koenma's office. Hiei stood in the corner with a pout on his face. His usual self I guess you could say.

"Very good work boys." Koenma praised them. Yusuke handed him the necklace. "Yes, very good. You may all go home now."

"Thanks Koenma."

They all headed out eager to finally be able to rest at home.

Kurama quickly caught up with Hiei.

"Hiei, are you sure you are OK?"

"Yeah. Fine. I guess, now that I think about it I was simply infatuated with Kagome."

Kurama laughed. "Just a simple crush, huh? Then I guess I see no problem. I need to be getting home now. See ya Hiei!" Kurama ran away, heading home.

Hiei thought about it. 'I guess it was a crush. I think it is better this way. I don't need anyone. Enemies just use them against you, so why bother.' Hiei sighed and walked away.

(A/N: Hiei has such sad thoughts. T.T)

Inuyasha and Kagome sat on a grassy hill in the Feudal Era.

"Say, Kagome. Did you like that Hiei guy?" Inuyasha asked out of the blue.

"I guess. Why?"

"No reason." Inuyasha's ears drooped slightly. "So, you are just staying with me 'cause you have to finish the mission?"

Kagome was startled. "No! I stay with you because I want to. I care about you Inuyasha!" Kagome said blushing.

"You care about Hiei too."

"True." His ears drooped more. "But, he was just a crush. I'd have to say you are more." Kagome resembled a tomato at that moment. Inuyasha looked at her. His ears perked up at that. He smiled and pulled her into a hug. They watched the sun set over the village.

A/N:

Yay! THE END!!!!! I am sooooooo happy! So what did you think? I can't believe I have been writing this story fro more than a year!!! WOW! OK, sorry to disappoint you Hiei/kag or Kur/kag fans, but this was planned to be an Inu/kag fic all along. I wanted the end to be a surprise so I didn't say anything. Maybe if I gat many reviews, I will write an epilogue! That would be nice right? Right! Well, I have a new chapter coming soon for 'The Student and the Teacher' so keep a look out! It was fun writing this story. I would like to thank all who read and reviewed my story! I never thought I would get over 200 reviews!! Sorry, no sequel. This story is done! LOL! Well, that's it. Check out my other story if you haven't already. Thanks! Ja ne!