Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Prison: A Thief's Goal ❯ Under the Stars ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The chapters written fully in italics will be filler chapters
 
 
 
Under the Stars
 
 
 
“Talking”
`Thinking'
 
 
 
It was dark out and the temperature was slowly creeping lower. Kagome wrapped her blanket around her figure as she sat under the Goshinboku. Her gray eyes stared up at the stars in wonder. She still held her fairytale belief that each star held a dream or endless story. Her learning experience from Kikyo's past taught her that such nonsense would lead to disappointment. Kagome pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on them. Her gray eyes stared longingly at the stars. Stretching out her senses she felt Kuronue coming. Part of her felt ready to attack and another part felt an emotion that only brought pain.
“You shouldn't be out here alone,” Kuronue said as he sat next to her. She tilted her head towards him and smiled.
“Look into the sky and tell me what you see,” Kagome demanded more then asked.
“I see little specks of lights,” Kuronue simply said.
“Don't you believe in something?” Kagome asked.
“I believe in the here, the now, and myself,” Kuronue answered.
“I mean…do you have anything that keeps you going.” Kagome questioned again.
“Like what? My will to survive?” He asked back. Kagome sighed and rolled her eyes. She then pointed up to the stars.
“When I was younger I used to believe that the stars held our stories and dreams, and that when you finished your dream that star would leave,” Kagome explained.
“I never had time to believe in such tales,” Kuronue sighed.
“I grew up and only see stars are things that light our way, because if you have a dream and you don't achieve it you'll be disappointed,” Kagome explained.
“So…”
“If you don't have a dream to reach you'll never be disappointed with the outcome,” Kagome reasoned.
“I did have a dream,” Kuronue reluctantly whispered.