Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life's Prison: A Thief's Goal ❯ Kuronue's Dream ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note:
Just another filler chapter that I thought would be cute.
 
 
 
 
Kuronue's Dream
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Stressed Word
 
 
 
 
Listening to soft breath, he rolled to his side and allowed his cramped wings to stretch. He opened his indigo eyes and let them rest upon the ivory skin of the woman that lay next to him. He sighed in content before he reached over and pushed an onyx lock from her face. Smiling he allowed a fang to poke out. He had never dreamed that he could feel so content in his life. This is what his reality seemed like…a dream. His eyebrows knitted in confusion at the thought of this being a dream.
 
He reached over, pulled the woman to his chest, and spooned her against him. She moaned in appreciation of the offered warmth. Reaching both her arms up she wrapped them around his neck and she played with his loose hair. He inhaled her scent and buried his nose in her hair. He could smell her sweet Sakura scent and could feel her warmth. He knew that this couldn't be a dream. She sighed in a bit of apprehensive sorrow.
 
“What's wrong?” He whispered in her ear. He let his mouth linger by her ear. She slightly shivered as his hot breath danced along her skin.
 
“Nothing,” she whispered. His eyes saddened before he turned her around. She laid her head on his arm and hid her face in his neck, just beneath his chin.
 
“I can feel your aura changing,” he whispered to her.
 
“Kuronue,” she sighed. “I'm sorry.”
 
His eyes narrowed in confusion as he wondered what she could be sorry about. He couldn't feel any regrets from her about last night. He knew that she knew, that he didn't seek the Tama in anyway. Youko had proven to be less of a problem then they imagined.
 
“There's nothing to be sorry about Kagome,” Kuronue assured as he held her tighter. She squeezed her eyes tighter, fighting back the tears that threatened to spill.
 
`Why did his mind have to connect with mine tonight?' She questioned any god that would listen.
 
“Do you regret what we did?” Kuronue asked in slight worry.
 
“No,” Kagome whispered. `Why does he have to be so kind?'
 
“Then please…tell me,” he softly demanded.
 
“I'm sorry that I can't be next to you…for real,” Kagome apologized.
 
“What are you talking about?” He asked as he scouted back. He could see her eyes misting over.
 
“I'm sorry that this is a dream. I'm sorry that I couldn't make this reality. I'm also sorry I had to knock you out,” Kagome quickly said as let a tear fall.
 
“A dream?” Kuronue repeated.
 
“Yes…your mind connected with mine tonight,” Kagome softly explained.
 
“No,” he firmly said.
 
“One day, I want to wake up next to you,” Kagome seriously said.
 
“One day…”
 
“I do love,” Kagome whispered as she began to fade.
 
 
 
 
Kuronue sat up drenched in another cold sweat. It had been three days since she left. Here he was, sitting next to a dying fire with his friend out hunting. He let his indigo gaze wander across the ground as the blades of grass moved with the wind.
 
“One day…”
 
“One day…” he whispered as he prepared to leave camp. They were only a few miles away from the Forlorn Hope.