Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Miko's Mischief ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The boys stopped when they felt their prey disappear. They were unable to sense what caused her to die and became cautious. They walked through the scorched bushes and were startled to see and ebony haired woman standing over a pile of ashes. She was glowing a faint pinkish white color. She clucked and let the power they hadn't felt sink back into her petite body.
"So young, thank my stars and garters that my little Shippo wasn't like you." she whispered unhappily at the pile as she gazed sadly at it. Her blue-grey eyes flicked towards them, her eyes slightly angered. They gasped, well some of them, because she had sensed them even though their ki, aura, and scent were masked. She seemed to be glaring at them.
"Would one of you three like to explain, what that youkai did to deserve Koenma send three of his higher detectives?" they looked shocked as her silvery voice questioned them harshly. They were too stunned to reply.
"Need I repeat myself or are you mute?" curiosity was laced deliberately through her voice. Her eyes sparkled. When the boys said nothing, she sighed audibly. Hiei was wondering why he couldn't speak nor make his customary 'Hn'.
"Mute. Ugh, well then follow me boys. I'll take you back to the little prince. Botan'll be busy for a while yet." She twitched her fingers and portal appeared. She wanted to laugh, they hadn't noticed her spell. Whenever they realized it was there, it would disappear. She glanced at them through the corner of her eye. The red head was silent by choice; there was absolutely no resistance from him. She was slightly surprised. The tall black haired nigen was trying his hardest to speak but her wonderfully amusing spell held strong. She blinked in surprise; the koorime was trying to read her mind. She let it go blank behind her mental walls.
"Come on, now. Hurry it up, my job here isn't done yet." she pushed them into the portal, her eyes twinkling.