Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Replaying History In More Than One Way ❯ Information Gathering Again ( Chapter 23 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tbiris: Merry Christmas one and all!!!!

Karasu: You're just glad your Japanese exam was easy

Tbiris: Well I busted the night studying for nothing…. Sooo easy!!!

Yusuke: I don't believe you leave everyone hanging like that.

Keiko: You did forget to put this chapter title in the last chapter. Tbiris: oops… but it would've given away some stuff, no wait, that's next chapter… oh well.

 

Chapter 23- Information Gathering Again

 

Kurama broke the kiss. His hand was on the dragon necklace. "First off, why are you wearing this?" Kurama asked, once again, deadly calm.

Kagome squirmed slightly. "It…it made me think of you and Hiei. It's also helped me stay calm… I think it has some other properties as well." Kagome gave up on trying to take Kurama's hand off of the necklace.

She looked up at Kurama's face to see him frowning. "So it does. There are red spots on it, as if the dragon was bleeding. The rose seems more vibrant as well…" he let the necklace drop and looked at Kagome again. "Second question, last time something like this happened, you were up in the same day, and do you really not know what you were draining ki from?" Kagome shook her head. Kurama moved his head, so she couldn't see him as he smiled. "It's something you had before, but have no longer." He said, in a riddle like way. Kagome's eyes widened in realization. "The Shikon no Kakera, but it's never done that before, why should it start?" she asked, startled.

"There was a voice when you shattered the Shikon no Tama," Kurama closed his eyes. "It said `so it begins' but I felt its presence inside my head for a small time. It left more of an impression than actual speech. Your heart was broken, despite appearances; it was left to either Hiei or I to heal it. Hiei was the first to realize how he felt. He saw you as his sister. Now, I know my feelings run much deeper than that." Kagome remained silent, caught in the past, and her current feelings.

Kurama waited for her to reply. When she didn't, he continued. "It felt your dedication to it. We didn't know why before, but maybe the Kakera came to us because our shadows helped it before. The choice is now yours, Kagome. Will you choose to help it once again, or live your life that you left behind? Hiei and I will be beside you no matter what."

Kagome's voice was filled with unshed tears. "Why me? I've been the one to cause all of its pain." Tears began to roll down her face.
"It's cause you've always put it back tagetha lass, as Shippo told us." Jin was back in. Kagome could hear Kurama and Jin muttering between them. "Would ya beliv' that us shinobi 'ere shocked wh'n we realiz'd 'ho protected tha Shikon?" The vines began to loosen.

A firm hand went to her back and lifted her up. Kurama and Jin's forms were visible. There was a tray full of food in Jin's hand. Yusuke and Kuwabara were stuffing their faces quietly. The room was like a dojo; there were weapons on the wall. Some were quite familiar to Kagome.
"Where are the swords?" Kurama looked puzzled.
"Tetsusaiga, T'nsaiga 'n' Toukijin, we couldn't get ta S'sshoumaru 'n Inu-Yasha's aid quickly enough. Naraku has them." Jin's face was downcast.
"You didn't let Shippo down Jin," Kagome's eyes met Jin's. "You did your best and that's what he would have wanted." Kagome's eyes softened. She looked to the door. "What happened to Touya?" she asked quietly. Jin twitched.
"Eat first," Kurama ordered, holding food to Kagome's mouth. She gave an inwardly sigh before allowing Kurama to feed her.
"I told Touya ta run. He kn'w ta not run ta this hideout whilst Naraku was in control. I dun know where he is."

When Kurama stopped feeding her Kagome asked him. "Will you join us?" You could hear a pause in the eating of Yusuke as he listened for the reply.

Jin's ears twitched. "I'll let you know before you leave," he replied. Kagome nodded as she let Kurama lay her down, without vines this time.
"Wy dja imbite hib?"* Kuwabara asked through all of his food.
"An idiot remains an idiot."
"SAY THAT TO MY FACE SHORTY!" As Hiei flashed in front of Kuwabara, his mouth already open, retort fully formed, Kagome interceded.
"Enough." Hiei closed his mouth.
"Why do ya listen to her? She ain't your slave driver." Hiei's katana thudded into the wood beside Kuwabara's head.
"She's like a second sister to me." Kuwabara remained silent, still shocked by the katana imbedded beside his head. Yusuke leaned back against Hiraikotsu.
"What barrier was Naraku talking about Hiei?" Kurama and Kagome laughed.
"You forgot what Enma-sama said, Detective." Hiei twitched.

Kuwabara, having finally found his tongue asked an intelligent question. "Naraku suggested adding to my power. Why would he do that?"
"He suggested the curse that befell Miroku's grandfather, the Kazanna. Your life would be timed. Each year, the rip in your hand would grow until it devoured you in its winds. What I'm not sure about is how the detachments lived so long."

There was silence as everyone entertained their own thoughts, thinking about the close call and the battles to come.
"He will be a worthy opponent," Hiei finally said. Yusuke scoffed at this.
"If he ever stops being a puppet master."

 

_$_$_$_

 

"I don't believe it took me that long to recover," Kagome grumbled.
"'N' you aren' fully healed yet," Jin added.

The two were sparring; Jin was showing Kagome a few tricks with the wind that may help her out of tough situations. Each passing week she grew stronger and could hear the cries of the shards that were being used. The other shards felt a longing; it was like a child, they wanted to be together and they wanted to be protected. "Are you going to join our hunt, Jin?" Kagome asked, dodging a punch.

Jin kept up his assault, keeping it to the martial arts and not using his youki. "I am, I want a piece of that wind sorceress," he replied. The scrimmage ended, Jin's hand touching Kagome's neck.

A few more days passed, during which Kagome, Yusuke and Kuwabara trained, Hiei taught and Kurama tended to Kagome's wounds. Finally, Kurama pronounced her fit to travel and fight. The following day, the group left to find more shards. Thus, the third part of their adventure began.

 

$$$

 

Happy New Year! Meant to post one for Christmas, and one for New Years, but oh well ^^, so I'll try to get the next one up soon, but there's my math exam in 2 weeks…

 

*Why didja invite him?

 

Bluespark: Vraiment? C'est un peu difficile pour moi en geographie, le professeur parle trop vite mais elle est une bonne enseignante. Merci beaucoup, j'espère que tu aimes ce chapitre aussi.

 

Dark Inu Fan: A real leash.

 

Sukera: *sweatdrop* well, I guess I'll try to explain things before a chapter ends then…

 

Sesshomaruobssessed: Does that work? When Jin and Touya got into the shinobi, their main priority (should it happen in their lifetime) was to protect the Shikon no Tama and should it already have a protector or protectress to protect her/him. He didn't know her, but could tell since he can hear the cries of the Shikon no Kakera, they do actually call for her, by her name.

 

Kamikaze-Watermellon: Well you dodged the first volley, but can you handle the second? *sharpens blades* don't forget this chapter, or you will feel my arrows!

 

Mysterylady_tx: Yup, the arrow was a channel, it keep feeding the barrier power so that it couldn't be broken. You're gonna kill me later… I've only just started getting evil.

 

Smiles1022: You're joking… there are a LOT out there… want me to list of some of the ones I've read? Only some, and there's plenty I avoid. You're just not looking in the right place.

 

Shesshou's Bynx/S.Wooz: After all this time I still have to copy and paste your name… sad… lucky you, we can get 20cm of snow and still have to go to school. They're just more lenient with late people.

 

Shadow Fox777: Not if Kanna was trying to block it, because it only goes back if it isn't a spiritual spell. Remember Kagome's arrow? It was sucked in, that's the thing about Kanna's mirror, and it sucks in souls and spiritual attacks but can reflect every other attack thrown at her.

 

Eloriel: Really? I have a handful I like…but it is hard to find good ones… read Deviant Nature's stuff, she's amazing. Hiei isn't exactly like Inu Yasha, that's why he isn't him.

SpiritSealedSlumber: Get used to it, you'll be seeing them until the next visit to Ningenkai.

 

SunStar Kitsune: No way I'm stopping! I've already finished writing the entire thing! I can't write Hiei/Kag, it's just people keep asking me so I have to say it OVER AND OVER AGAIN! The story's staying as it is, don't worry.

 

Jinenji: Well it'll be hard to not guess right about the next one, just have to find out who and how.

Next Chapter: The Dead Awaken