Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ Resurrection I ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Resurrection I
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Flashbacks
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
All day had been nothing but a burden. Blinking thrice to clear her mind she sighed. Left hand moving to her right arm she scratched the skin with vigor. Every since she had waken she had been itchy. She was beginning to believe she fell in poison ivy. The last battle with a demon had ended up covering her in purple ooze. Hiei had attacked first with ready eagerness and ended up slicing the demon's eye open, but it was basically a floating giant eye. It had been three days since the battle, shouldn't it have affected her sooner. Sighing dramatically she turned her attention to the field in front of her.
 
Shippo was currently testing his fox magic on Hiei. Hiei seemed to keep absorbing the flames into his own body with no effect. Watching this action for five minutes straight her ear twitched. Footsteps were coming from behind. Casting a glance over her shoulder she smiled at the visitor. The Shakujou jingled with each step as the robes swished in the wind. Turning to greet Miroku her dark platinum hair glistened in the sun giving it a silver tint. She smiled at him and her fangs poked out for a brief second. They both watched the children battle before Hiei began to race around Shippo. It was now a moving target that had Shippo crying out `no fair' and the response was `speed up.'
 
“What's up?” Kagome asked as her eyes remained on the children's training.
 
“There's been another youkai seen near the village,” Miroku casually informed.
 
“Really?” Kagome asked. “Haven't had an attack for almost a month.”
 
“I know, the last youkai was near Akabi village,” Miroku added.
 
“There's nothing here of value,” Kagome stated as she thought.
 
“We do have the Forlorn Hope with us,” Miroku whispered as he looked around the forest. Kagome's ear twitched as she closed her dark blue eyes.
 
“Who would come after such a…depressing object?” Kagome asked as she kept her eyes closed.
 
“There have been rumors of a youkai thief looking for it,” Miroku mentioned.
 
“That's something new,” Kagome dryly mumbled as she scratched her left arm.
 
“Indeed,” Miroku agreed before he excused himself.
 
“OW!!!” Shippo yelled as he ran around Kagome.
 
Kagome's eyes widened in shock and mirth as she watched Shippo's tail flame at the tip. Kagome held him still and patted the tiny flame out. Shippo stared at his hairless tip before her glared at Hiei with anger emerald eyes. Kagome sent a scolding look to Hiei who only shrugged. Rolling her eyes she led them both to the village. Sango was currently teaching Kohaku certain blocks with the katana. Kagome waived and then continued her way to the temple. Shippo and Hiei ran off to watch Kohaku and Kagome walked up the mountain of steps.
 
Raising her eyes to the torii she frowned at the person that was sleeping atop it. Shouting out the occupant rolled off and onto his face. Glaring amber eyes met amused blue eyes. Shaking her head in a mock scolding she giggled and continued her way into the temple. Kaede stood waiting in her traditional Miko garbs with Miroku next to her. Kagome followed their gaze to the covered object on the wall. Walking over she bowed to Kaede and nodded her head at Miroku. A few seconds later, Inuyasha came in grumbling about annoying Mikos.
 
“Not that we're here we can discuss the future of the Forlorn Hope,” Miroku stated as he opened the way for discussion.
 
“Why can't we just smash it?” Inuyasha curiously asked. Kaede sighed and rubbed her temples.
 
“Do you really want that much power running loose?” Kagome doubtfully asked.
 
“If there really is a youkai thief we have to decide quickly,” Miroku calmly announced.
 
“We can't seal it away…eventually the seals would fade,” Kaede said.
 
“Why don't we send it to Reikai?” Kagome questioned. They all paused before Inuyasha scoffed.
 
“What are you going to do…go there yourself?” Inuyasha gruffly asked.
 
“That is a good idea. There would be no way for any being to reach it,” Miroku agreed.
 
“There is also no way for a being to get it there,” Inuyasha growled.
 
“I know a way,” Kagome said.
 
“What is your opinion Kaede-sama?” Miroku asked as he directed his gaze to her.
 
“Kagome's idea, I believe would work if she could get it there,” Kaede commented.
 
“Then I'll take it first dawn,” Kagome agreed.
 
“I'll go with,” Inuyasha stated.
 
“No…this person doesn't want to be seen,” Kagome protested.
 
“There's been too many secrets with you, so I am going with,” Inuyasha determinedly stated.
 
“This person won't agree to your company,” Kagome sighed.
 
“Then why should we trust this person with the mirror?” Inuyasha demanded to know.
 
“I'll take Sango with me,” Kagome easily offered.
 
“Sango is to train some villagers this week,” Miroku informed. Inuyasha smiled triumphantly until Kagome started grinning.
 
“Then I'll summon Kagura,” she offered with a smirk.
 
“Naraku may be dead…but you still don't know her loyalties,” Miroku warned.
 
“Isn't she dead?” Kaede asked.
 
“Yes, but I…”
 
“You can't summon her because she had no soul, not even Sesshoumaru could revive her,” Inuyasha warned.
 
“True…but I am not Sesshoumaru,” Kagome assured.
 
“Thank Kami for that,” Miroku mumbled.
 
“Don't worry…I have it covered,” Kagome assured.
 
“This is crazy,” Inuyasha stated in disbelief.
 
“We have seen crazier things,” Miroku added.
 
“Do you plan to resurrect her?” Inuyasha asked.
 
“Not exactly,” Kagome thought.
 
“What's the plan?” Miroku asked.
 
“You'll see,” Kagome sang as she ran out of the temple.
 
Kagome ran through the village after jumping the stairs, being kitsune had its advantages. She ran into Sango and asked her if she could borrow Kirara. Sango nodded, but before she could ask anything they were off in the air. Kagome grinned as she traveled through the air on Kirara. She was beginning to like traveling alone. Soon enough after traveling a few miles they were attacked. A flash of what looked like energy came from the ground and slashed at them. Kagome jumped off Kirara and ran landed in front of her target. She dusted herself off and smirked when she saw him.
 
“Hello Sesshoumaru.”
 
 
 
 
Author's Note: