Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ Day 1: Home ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Day 1: Home
 
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
The sun was beginning rise as it entered through the window. Kagome sighed and rolled out of her bed with hesitation. Her dark blue eyes looked at her alarm clock in annoyance. It to close to school time, school would be starting in another hour. Groaning her displeasure, she sat up and stretched. Pulling her tail out from under her leg, she sighed. The poor thing was cramped into oblivion. Massaging her tail and working out the kinks, she listened to the footsteps coming up the stairs. Before her brother could knock, she called out that she was up.
 
“Can I come in?” Souta asked.
 
“Sure,” Kagome answered.
 
Souta opened the door and ran over to where his sister was. He looked at her fox ears and began to grin. Kagome smiled and made one twitch for his benefit.
 
“That is so cool,” Souta stated, his voice was filled with awe.
 
“It isn't cool when they get a muscle cramp,” Kagome mumbled with a smile.
 
“Anyways, mom says to tell you that breakfast is ready,” Souta said before he ran out the door.
 
Kagome nodded and closed her bedroom door. Quickly she grabbed her new school uniform and began to dress. She had showered last night because she wanted to sleep in this morning. Quickly brushing her teeth and combing the knots from her hair, she grabbed her backpack and ran downstairs. Sitting down at the table her mother set a plate of eggs and bacon with an orange slice down for her. Kagome thanked her mother and began to eat.
 
“How will you hide your new features?” Ji-chan asked as he looked up from the paper.
 
“Shippo showed me the illusion to change my appearance,” Kagome explained.
 
“A little kid?” Souta asked doubtfully.
 
“Shippo is getting better at his illusions,” Kagome defended.
 
“Whatever you say sis,” Souta replied as he took a bite of his eggs.
 
“Watch,” Kagome stated as she concentrated.
 
Her fox ears vanished and her human ears appeared again. Smiling in triumph, she focused on her tail and made it disappear. Deciding to show off she blinked and her eyes changed to a hazel color. She changed her hair to the onyx color it once was. She looked at her family and saw that Ji-chan was shocked. Souta was impressed and her mom was bit shocked at the sudden change.
 
“Very good Kagome, but no changing at the table,” her mother firmly said.
 
“Yes, mama,” Kagome dejectedly sighed as she continued to eat.
 
Kagome quickly finished and put her plate in the sink and ran for the door. Yelling a quick bye and love you she grabbed her backpack and left. Running down the shrine steps, she paused and sniffed the air. It smelt worse in the morning then it did at night. Sighing she casually walked to her new school. Today was the day she would be entering the tenth grade. Slightly skipping she knew that she had only two more years of school and then she would be free to work or go to college.
 
Sarayashiki High School was considered to have a good education system to those that attended. Kagome looled down and the blue skirt that came to her knees and wondered if she would achieve the most here. Her friends had alreadly began to tell her of the different juvinale deliquents that attended. Kagome scoffed, she dealed with youkai on a daily basis, she could deal with a few punks. Pushing her hair behind her she continued her confident walk. Stopping at the crosswalk she looked at the other corner.
 
Her hazel eyes flashed dark blue as she almost lost her illusion. There were four boys standing there. One wore a magenta colored uniform for males and the other one wore a green uniform. The boy with an orange Elvis style hair had on the right blue uniform for the Sarayashiki High School. Her hazel eyes widened and she truly smiled. The one boy who was the shorter of the group wore a black cape and had his hand bandaged up. He also had a white stripe in his hair the shape of a star.
 
`Hiei,' Kagome thought in confusion.
 
The boy in question turned his bored red eyes over to her. Deciding to keep her stare she noticed his face take on a look of shock.
 
`Is it really my shadow?' Kagome wondered as she noticed the bandana.
 
Something pressed against her mind and she furrowed her eyebrows in concentration. The boy in question had mental abilities that were fighting past her barriers. Releasing her Miko ki she zapped him like a bug light. His stoic face took on a grin as he looked at her. The crosswalk sign changed and she walked across the street and on her way. Turning to look over her shoulder she noticed the boy was gone.
 
`If that was Hiei, he must be at least five hundred,' Kagome thought as her eyes widened.
 
Arriving at the school grounds she entered the gates and smiled. It felt just like junior high. Walking up the school steps she easily found the office. It was labled with a big sign that read `office'. Entering the room she walked over to the secretary. The woman appeared bored and old.
 
“Can I help you?” The woman dryly asked.
 
“I'm the new-”
 
“Hold on,” the secretary interrupted.
 
Kagome sighed at the rudeness and listened as she paged a girl named Keiko. Kagome looked behind her and took a seat while she waited for her intructions. Five minutes later a girl with brown hair down to shoulders entered the room. Kagome quickly found that the girl had a friendly aura. She walked over to the secretary and found that the old and rude secretary pointed Kagome out. The girl walked over to Kagome and bowed. Kagome stood up and repeated the action.
 
“Hello I'm Keiko,” Keiko greeted.
 
“Kagome,” Kagome simply said.
 
“Can I see your schedule?” Keiko caustiously asked.
 
“I'm sorry, I don't mean to come off unfriendly. I'm just nervous,” Kagome apologized as she handed the girl her schedule.
 
“That's okay, there's nothing to be nervous about,” Keiko assured as she went over the schedule.
 
“You have your first three classes with me, then two with Yusuke, and one with Kuwabara,” Keiko happily said.
 
“That seems good, but I don't know these people,” Kagome dryly said.
 
“That's okay, they'll show you around,” Keiko assured.
 
Kagome smiled and gave the girl the benefit of the doubt. The day went on as she followed Keiko to her first class, poetry.
 
 
 
 
Author's note: