Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ Week 2, Day 5 ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Week 2, Day 5
 
 
 
 
“Talking”
 
`Thinking'
 
Memories
 
Stressed
 
 
 
 
Dipping her feet in the onsen, she sighed and leaned back on a cool rock. It had been a full week since Youko had shown up. Wiggling her toes in the water, she smiled as she closed her eyes. The hot spring or onsen seemed especially warm to her tonight. Stretching her Miko ki out she sought out and found Youko up in a tree watching her. Slightly laughing she didn't care at this moment in time; they had come to a silent agreement.
 
During the first, few days he was reluctant to get near the humans. Kagome had to keep a close on eye when the children ran over to him. She wondered if he would have killed the children without a second thought had she not been there. They had argued about how children were links of the weak system. Kagome had slapped him and stained his ivory with a red mark. She had also reminded him that he had once been a child, even if it was so very long ago. Since then, he was silent and watched the villagers work.
 
Youko remained silent as he watched Kagome dip her feet in the onsen. The steam from the hot spring fogged the area as he watched her. She had merely removed her geta and rolled up her hakama. She let the water come up to her mid calves as she soaked them. The girl or woman had proven to be more then a mere mystery. Youko considered her a puzzle with never ending pieces.
 
She talked as if she was once human. The villagers respected her and looked to her for advice and wisdom. The wolf tribe seemed to consider her a sister. Then the one named Kagura had returned from the west and said that Sesshoumaru would like to set up a meeting about an alliance. The woman acted more human then a Kitsune. He began to wonder what her nature really was. He had seen her that night under the full moon. That was where he marked her as his to study.
 
His golden gaze traveled to her again as she let her dark platinum hair down. She began to untie her sash that held her hakama. She pulled her feet from the water and let her haori remain the only coverage till her upper thighs. She slowly took the haori off and removed another few weird objects. She stepped into the onsen and fully began to soak. He could still see the fresh pink skin that was healing on her back. Those scars changed his mind, the way he saw her that day.
 
Kagome reached up and touched the healing skin that from her shoulder to her lower back. She healed faster then any human, but the poison was still taking affect on her body.
 
 
 
 
Kagome had taken Hiei out to build up his speed. He had said that he wished to be faster then Inuyasha and her. Kagome had left Shippo to train with Hacchi on his illusions while she went with Hiei. They had come to a clearing and Youko was observing them with some interest. Kagome reached into her pockets and pulled two pieces of thick cloth out. She then tied them around Hiei's ankles and he moved his legs and looked down in shock.
 
“These are called ankle weights, if you run with these you will build your muscles even more,” Kagome explained.
 
“Where should I run?” Hiei asked.
 
“How about we play a game?” Kagome ventured with a grin.
 
“What will a game teach him?” Youko scoffed. Kagome chose to ignore his comment.
 
“It's called tag. They idea is that you touch someone and then run away and try to avoid being touched. The person that is touched or tagged has to chase the others down and try to tag them,” Kagome explained.
 
“How do we start?” Hiei asked.
 
“Tag, you're it,” Kagome said as she touched his nose and jumped away.
 
Hiei frowned before he smiled and began to chase after her. Youko frowned and watched as the kid stumbled over his feet. Kagome landed in the branch that Youko was resting in. Hiei jumped after her and tried to catch his breath. Smirking he reached out and tagged Youko before jumping away.
 
“Tag! You're it,” Hiei cheered as he raced off.
 
Youko raised an eyebrow before he grinned and to fell the forest floor on his heels. Spotting Kagome, he chased after her and tried to tackle her to the ground. This was the first time he enjoyed something besides killing. Kagome laughed as she smacked him in the face with her tail and took off. He playfully growled and charged at her again. Kagome turned around and gasped as he tackled her to the ground. Youko rubbed his nose against hers and smirked at her blush.
 
“You're it,” he whispered.
 
“Let GO!” Hiei yelled as he kicked at the hand holding him.
 
Youko rolled to feet and pulled Kagome up with him. Kagome's ears flattened against her skull as she began to growl at the intruder.
 
“Is this thing…yours?” The youkai inquired as he held Hiei.
 
“What do you want Inu youkai?” Kagome growled.
 
“Vengeance, someone wants you to suffer and they sent me,” The Inu smirked.
 
“Leave my son alone,” Kagome pleaded. Youko chose to watch how he handled this. Hiei growled at the Inu and Kagome seemed strong until she watched the Inu drag a claw across his cheek.
 
“You can have your trash…in pieces,” the Inu growled as he formed a glowing whip. The green whip touched the grass and it wilted.
 
“No!” Kagome screamed as she ran towards them.
 
The youkai laughed and threw Hiei towards her as he pulled his hand back with the whip. Kagome caught Hiei and quickly turned her back to the youkai to protect Hiei's small body. The whip bit into her flesh and wrapped around her shoulder as she screamed in pain. The youkai began to count in glee as he continued to whip her.
 
“Three,” the youkai yelled.
 
“Do you need help?” Youko asked, knowing that the battle was hers until she said so.
 
“Four.”
 
“No, this is my fight!” Kagome cried out.
 
“Five.”
 
“Mother,” Hiei whispered as her tears hit his face.
 
“Six.”
 
Kagome stood up as the youkai counted seven; she turned around and pushed Hiei behind her bleeding back. The whip came towards her and her eyes bled crimson as her rage took over. Taking the whip in her hand the poison burned into her flesh. Growling Kagome pulled the whip forward and brought the youkai to her. Grabbing him by the neck, she growled and began to choke him.
 
“Don't. Ever. Threaten. My. Child!” Kagome growled as her claws lengthened and ripped into his neck.
 
“Bitch,” the Inu growled as blood leaked from his mouth.
 
“That's vixen, bastard,” Kagome hissed as she tore out his throat. His blood sprayed her as she grinned in victory. The hot liquid that ran free broke her from the blood lust. Her rage had been satiated with his blood. She licked her claws and watched as his body turned to ash. Turning around she pulled Hiei to her and hugged him.
 
“I won't let anyone hurt you,” Kagome promised as she held him.
 
Youko walked behind her and stared at her back. The wounds hissed as the poison ate away the flesh. Walking over to her he blew some sleeping powder into her face. Kagome passed out and began to fall. He caught her and took them both to the river to clean up. He laid her on the stomach and proceeded to clean out the wounds. Using his claws he scrapped away most of the dead skin that still held poison. Satisfied her rubbed an herbal cream and placed leaves on her back as bandages.
 
Hiei washed what blood had gotten on him off. He had long removed the weights. Rubbing his sore calves, he sighed and looked over at the two. A small smile covered his face as he stared at Youko.
 
Youko carefully turned Kagome to her back and held her head in his arm. He no longer saw her as the human that looked a Kitsune. No, he saw something more then a youkai and a human. He was no poet, but he knew things when he saw them. Moving her platinum hair from her eyes he sighed. She appeared to have the emotions of a human and the abilities of a Kitsune. Pondering her, he knew she would also be an excellent mother and mate.
 
She radiated a passion that held loyalty.
 
 
 
 
Kagome stood up, turned around, and gasped. Her hands came up and covered her breasts. Youko slowly approached her, stalking her like prey. Wanting to growl at him and tell him to leave she found her voice weak. His fingers reached up and brushed her wet hair from her face. His eyes seemed hazier and more intent then before. Cradling her head in his palm, he lowered his face to her. His mouth hovered above hers giving a chance to deny him. She pushed forward and met his lips.
 
It had been only two weeks since she'd really met this youkai. She couldn't explain it, but something pulled her towards him. Her wet breasts brushed against his thin shirt as he kissed her. Something that seemed right couldn't be wrong. His sucked on her lower lip and lightly brushed it with his fang. Kagome sighed and licked his top lip and he opened his mouth. Her silky tongue traced his fangs as she found her back touching the cool ground.
 
She groaned as he began to kiss her neck. Kagome sighed as he licked her pulse; she had been having very bad dreams of this. Redirecting his mouth to hers, she broke the kiss. Her hazy eyes were clouded over in lust, but she couldn't take it any further then this. Youko kissed her once last time before vanishing into the forest. Kagome sighed and touched her lips; she could still feel his warmth upon her. With a smile, she began to dress.
 
 
 
 
Author's Note: