Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ River of Crystals ❯ Reflection ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Reflection
 
 
 
“Talking”
`Thinking'
Memories
Stressed
 
 
 
 
9 Months Later
 
 
Kagome sighed as she balanced on the log. Her scarlet hakama danced in the wind as she balanced. Her mind began to drift and she fell off the log. A hard clunk to the head was earned to the head, courtesy of the Shakujou. Growling in annoyance, she stood up and dusted herself off. Kagome stuck her tongue out at Miroku and back flipped out of the way of another swing. Miroku sighed and rolled his eyes at her.
 
“Do you really care about Suiichi that much?” Miroku asked, already knowing the answer in his heart.
 
“It feels wonderful to care for someone again,” Kagome exclaimed with a smile. Miroku offered her a ghost of a smile.
 
“Yes, it is a wonderful feeling,” Miroku whispered.
 
“Hiei has a present for you,” Kagome remembered.
 
“Does he plan to impale me?” Miroku dryly asked.
 
“That's my son you're talking about,” Kagome warned.
 
“That does sound fond,” Hiei commented as he appeared next to Kagome.
 
“Hurry up,” Kagome rushed as she hopped from foot to foot in excitement.
 
Hiei rolled his eyes and Sesshoumaru stepped out from a portal. Miroku raised an eyebrow in question.
 
 
 
 
3 Months Prior
 
 
Kagome grinned as she waited for Hiei to come by the shrine. Today was an important day for her. This would by the first time that she would see Sesshoumaru, Kagura, and her other son again. She heard the footsteps and her smile became the new rising sun. She ran over to Suiichi and embraced him. He held her tightly to him and she inhaled his scent. Hiei appeared next to him and looked slightly angry.
 
“So, you're dating him?” Hiei asked.
 
“He told me about him being a spirit detective and we decided to work on a relationship,” Kagome explained.
 
“What did you tell him?” Hiei asked and Kagome knew that he wanted to know if Suiichi new her other side.
 
“Nothing,” Kagome answered in confusion.
 
“Then let's go meet the Western Lord of Maki,” Hiei listlessly said.
 
Kagome frowned as she watched the portal open. She couldn't understand why her son objected to Suiichi so much. A soft sigh escaped her lips and they stepped through the portal. She knew that there was something strange about Suiichi she sensed it since he came back from the Dark Tournament. Ever since the tournament, Hiei had been a bit more hostile to Suiichi. Suiichi had also been acting strange. Kagome smiled as she focused on the castle around her. She could feel the youki radiating off everything; they were in Maki.
 
`This way,' Hiei sent to her.
 
Kagome let her dark blue eyes dance over everything. Things had changed since she'd last been here. She wondered if Sesshoumaru had gotten a new castle. They stopped at a large set of doors and Hiei looked over at her. Kagome sighed; he would never learn to knock. Reaching out she knocked and the doors opened. Her eyes lit up when she first saw Kagura.
 
The female youkai had aged beautifully. Her hair was still cut short, but her body had filled out. Sesshoumaru was sitting beside her with an unusual smirk on his face. His golden eyes seemed livelier then before, and his face was that of a matured man. The last person sitting at the table made her eyes water.
 
“Shippo,” Kagome whispered as her smile widened.
 
His emerald eyes sparked to life and he stood up. He walked over to her and embraced her. Kagome lightly laughed at the height change. He was no longer the little boy that would crawl onto her shoulder or jump into her arms. He was a head higher then her and his features were still that of teenager. His emerald eyes were also darker in color. His hair was braided and left hanging at his lower back. His hair was still a reddish-auburn, and his tail was the same color, save for the beige tip.
 
“I've missed you mom,” Shippo whispered as he gave her one last squeeze.
 
“You've grown so much,” Kagome softly said she hesitantly released her hug.
 
“You'll have more time to get reacquainted, but for now we have pressing matters,” Sesshoumaru interrupted.
 
“Hello to you,” Kagome greeted as Kagura smirked.
 
“Yes, hello now on to business,” Sesshoumaru sighed as he lightly growled.
 
Kagome nodded and sat down in between Shippo and Hiei. Sesshoumaru placed a wooden box on the table and Kagome's eyes narrowed in confusion. He flipped two latches and pulled off the lid. Blue eyes watered as she watched him turn the box to her. It still looked the same after all these years, Tetsusaiga. Its black sheath was a bit dull, but it held its youki aura strong. She looked up at Sesshoumaru and he nodded. Reaching out she took the sword and cradled it to her.
 
“Inuyasha never specified what he wanted down with the Tetsusaiga, and the barrier holds true,” Sesshoumaru calmly said as he watched her reaction.
 
“Inuyasha will claim it once more,” Kagome assured as she put the sword back in the case.
 
“How do you know this?” Shippo asked in disbelief.
 
“Inuyasha was didn't reincarnate, he placed his soul in a dying body,” Kagome explained.
 
“If the body was dying…that's impossible,” Sesshoumaru declared.
 
“The boy that he chose was on the brink of death. The soul left the body, but the body lived,” Hiei clarified.
 
“So my half brother is in a coma somewhere,” Sesshoumaru muttered in thought.
 
“He is another hanyou in the Reikai hospital,” Hiei finished.
 
“What about the woman, Sango?” Kagura asked.
 
“Sango's reincarnation was already born,” Shippo announced with glee.
 
“Then how is her soul still in Reikai?” Hiei asked in mild annoyance.
 
“Like Kikyo, she kept the part that was her separate from the whole soul, but when she rejoins with her reincarnation she'll be her again,” Shippo explained.
 
“How do we wake Inuyasha?” Kagura asked.
 
“Place Tetsusaiga with his body and use Tenseiga to wake him,” Kagome simply said.
 
“What's the body's name?” Sesshoumaru asked.
 
“Shishi,” Hiei said with a smirk.
 
“All of this is interesting, but we have other matters to discuss,” Sesshoumaru seriously said.
 
“You once mentioned something on Naraku so very long ago, do you have any information on that now?” Kagome asked.
 
“One of his offspring managed to survive,” Sesshoumaru began. Kagome noticed Kagura tense.
 
“Akago is the last living relative to Naraku,” Shippo began.
 
“Wasn't he the baby?” Kagome asked.
 
“He separated himself from Naraku, that's why Naraku was killed so easily. Kanna took Akago and raised him. The child began to grow once his other half was destroyed,” Sesshoumaru explained as he held Kagura's hand.
 
“What happened to Kanna?” Kagome asked. Kagura sighed and closed her eyes.
 
“Akago killed her once he found no other use for her,” Kagura answered.
 
“He holds the heart, he can be killed,” Kagome assured.
 
“Because he grew his power has increased,” Shippo began.
 
“What are his abilities?” Kagome sharply asked.
 
“He can't create incarnations, but he can possess those that are weakened or on the brink of death,” Shippo informed.
 
`Could Youko have been innocent,' Kagome thought.
 
“Anything else?” Hiei asked.
 
“He's been planning something, he's worked alone, but he stole Reikai's file on you,” Shippo told Kagome.
 
“Then I guess I will wait for him to come to me,” Kagome sighed.
 
“Then it's almost time to wake the others,” Shippo stated with a smile.
 
“What about Youko Kurama's soul?” Sesshoumaru asked.
 
“Is it possible Akago possessed him?” Kagome softly asked. Shippo looked away and closed his eyes.
 
“Akago would have been a child…but it is a possibility,” Sesshoumaru answered.
 
“As long as that remains a possibility Youko will remain Innocent until proven guilty…but he will still be greatly mistrusted till that day,” Kagome firmly said.
 
“A long time ago I knew a girl that would once believe that everyone had good…what happened to her?” Sesshoumaru asked.
 
“That girl grew to a woman,” Kagome answered as she stood and bowed.
 
 
 
 
Dark brown eyes stared up at the shrine. Her eyes read over the sign. `The Sunset Shrine' it read. Her brown eyes turned back to the many stairs and she sighed. She could feel a ki radiating off the shrine. A blue energy surged around the shrine; she knew that this was the real thing. Standing tall, she knew that this was her future, her destiny. Tessa Yoshi was not one to back down from fate. She began her ascent up the stairs.
 
Tessa was about nineteen; her short black hair came to her shoulders and swayed with each step. Her backpack weighed her down as she climbed the steps. It had been three months since she saw a youkai. Her mother was a teacher that married an American cop who was visiting a friend. Tessa had spent half of her life in America and after she witnessed her parent's murder, she moved to Japan. She had helplessly watched the youkai tear them apart from their car.
 
She had explained to the cops what the youkai looked like. They claimed she was delusional and suffering from PTSD. She knew the truth and so did one of the officers. The officer was her second youkai that she met; he was a neko youkai that worked with Reikai. She pushed herself to survive and she ended up living with her Aunt Hoshi in Japan. Wanting to find out more about youkai she searched and found herself at Genkai's temple.
 
The old woman was stubborn, but she learned how to defend herself from the woman. Tessa could see past certain illusions and spells that youkai used. A Kitsune youkai told her to go to the sunset shrine if she wished to know more and find out her past. Reaching the top, she stared at the huge tree and smiled. Looking under the tree, she found herself staring at what appeared as three youkai. She could sense one was an Inu and the other two were mixes. Her eyes made contact with the eyes of the only human of the group.
 
“Sango,” the man whispered in shock. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, he seemed familiar. She walked over to the group and stared at the portal for a moment.
 
“This is your reincarnation,” the one with silver hair asked the air.
 
“Excuse me, but are you Kagome Higurashi?” Tessa asked.
 
“Yes, I am,” Kagome happily said.
 
“I'm Tessa Yoshi,” Tessa introduced with a bow.
 
“I know, and you must have lots of questions,” Kagome casually said.
 
“I should probably just show her the answers she wants,” a female voice whispered.
 
Tessa's eyes widened as a Hitodama appeared and took a human shape. It was like she was looking into a mirror. There body shape was the same, the eye color was a match, and the face shape was identical. The only difference was the hair length. Tessa took a cautious step back before leaned in closer.
 
“Who are you?” Tessa asked, she had seen spirits once before. The woman softly smiled at her.
 
“My name is Sango, and I'm your previous incarnation,” Sango answered. Sango's brown eyes made contact with Miroku's before she looked away.
 
“I'm you…is that why I can see youkai?” Tessa asked. Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow and looked bored.
 
“No, you can see youkai because you woke apart of me up when you watched your parents get killed,” Sango sympathetically answered.
 
“Is that why that Kitsune brought me here…do you know who killed them?” Tessa desperately asked.
 
“Yes, we do,” Sango, whispered.
 
“Why did he kill them?” Tessa asked.
 
“His name is Akago and is a youkai that hated use long ago. His father was evil and he killed my parents…my village,” Sango explained as her voice cracked.
 
“We killed his father and now he's redoing the past,” Kagome finished for Sango.
 
“Tell me everything you know,” Tessa determinedly said.
 
“If I rejoin with you, you'll know everything,” Sango stated. Tessa stilled before she bit her lower lip nervously.
 
“Do it,” Tessa determinedly said.
 
Sango smiled and floated to the girl. Hesitating she walked into her body. A white glow consumed the girl before she was left normal. Tessa looked at her hands in confusion and then took a deep breath again. She turned and faced Miroku with a smiled. Her smile faltered as she reached down and touched her stomach. Her face saddened before she walked over and embraced him.
 
“I've missed you Sango,” Miroku whispered into her hair.
 
“I'm not Sango, my name's Tessa,” she whispered as she pulled away.
 
“I'm sorry,” Miroku whispered.
 
“It feels so weird, I know you all…but yet I don't,” Tessa explained.
 
“Can you fight?” Kagome asked.
 
“I remember it all,” Tessa assured.
 
“Then all that's left is Inuyasha,” Hiei stated.
 
“I wonder how he's doing,” Tessa wondered with a smirk.
 
“Then I shall be going,” Sesshoumaru announced. He had overseen the merge and knew that the soul and girl were safe. It was time to wake his half brother.
 
“I'll be going Mother,” Hiei stated as he vanished.
 
“Who wants tea?” Kagome suddenly asked.
 
“Mother?” A confused male voice asked.
 
“Suiichi,” Kagome happily said as she ran and embraced him.
 
She buried her head in his chest and snuggled. That strange ki was around him again. Kagome hadn't seen the Dark Tournament, but she wished she did.
 
“Why did Hiei call you mother?” Suiichi asked as he embraced him.
 
“He's just mocking my age,” Kagome suggested.
 
“Ready for the festival?” Suiichi asked. Kagome looked up and noticed a tint of gold before it vanished.
 
“Yeah,” Kagome whispered as she took his hand and left.
 
“So,” Tessa awkwardly said as she looked over at Miroku.
 
“I think we should talk,” Miroku sighed as he led her into the house.
 
 
 
 
Author's Note:
 
I hope I introduced Tessa well enough. I just wanted to put Sango back in the story. One more chapter and then I skip to where chapter one started.