Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Starlight ❯ The Guest ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The group continued into the temple, on their way inside the happened by the game room. "Oh my god! Are all of these Genkai's?" Kagome's eyes

sparkled; one thing she loved about the human world was video games. "Ya, they all belong to the hag, but she won't let you play them." Yusuke said. "Oh. . ." Kagome saddened slightly, no one noticed except for Hiei.

Hiei quickened his pace, for he had been behind the rest of the group, and walked along side Kagome arms at his sides. The hand closest to hers reached out a little, brushing her hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. Kagome beamed at him, but Hiei still kept his emotionless facade, staring strait ahead. Kagome giggled briefly, humored by his act, but soon stopped when she saw they had halted.

Kagome looked up and observed a small old woman with pink-gray hair, "Who are you?" Kagome asked her. The woman gave a soft smile in her direction, "My name is Genkai, and you must be Kagome." Kagome perked up and her wings fluttered a bit, "It's so nice to finally meet you Genkai, I've heard nothing but good things about you and your powers, " she glanced at Yusuke, "I also hear you're a brutal trainer."

Genkai gave a small laugh, she liked this girl, and she also sensed an amazing power in her. "Tell me child, have you had any training before?" Kagome looked at her toes, "A little, but I'm afraid I'm not that good. I only know some basic self defense and healing." "Nonsense, I can sense great energies within you. Come with me, I wish to test your powers." "Um...ok Genkai." "Dimwit, you and the rest can wait outside or in the rooms Yukina has prepared for you, you're gonna be here along time. Kagome, Botan, follow me." Genkai ordered.

The girls left through the next door leading to the dojo. The guys, minus Kuwabara who decided to find Yukina much to Hiei's annoyance, decided to sit outside on the steps.

~*In the Dojo*~

"Alright Kagome, I'm going to test your abilities in fighting hand to hand first so prepare to fight." Genkai got into a fighting stance, Kagome as well, `That stance, only a few skilled warriors know it how does she?' Genkai began and charged at Kagome, Kagome barely had time to dodge and retaliate.

~*Back with the guys*~

"I'm bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored…" Yusuke put his hands behind his head, cradling it as he lay down on the steps. "Telling us won't help your problem Yusuke," Kurama voiced. Hiei stood up, hand resting lightly on his sword, "Some one's coming." Kurama and Yusuke looked ahead, following Hiei's gaze. "How peculiar…" Kurama said under his breath. Struggling up the steps was a man, no hanyou, wearing a read haori and hakama. He was obviously from the Makai, he continued up the stairs. By the time he reached the guys he was panting, no one could make it up those things.

"::pant, pant:: Is this, ::pant:: Genkai's place ::pant::?" The man bent over hands on knees, catching his breath. "Ya, the hag lives here." Yusuke said. The stranger brightened noticeably, "Great, I'm looking for Kagome, is she here." He started looking side to side. "Who are you?" Kurama asked, "Feh, shut it red head, just tell me if she's here or not." He started walking inside; only to be stopped by Hiei, "Back off," Hiei shoved him back from the door. "Grrrr. Where's Kagome?" The hanyou asked again, he was starting to get annoyed; a vain on his forehead was popping.

"What is your business with lady Kagome?" Kurama asked casually. The hanyou unsheathed the blade at his side, pointing it at Kurama's throat. "If you won't tell me where she is, I'll have to force it out of you." Kurama remained unmoving, "I suggest you put that stick down, lest you wish to suffer the punishment," The demon snarled, "I'll take you anytime human." Hiei stepped forward, "Allow me to take care of this trash, Kurama. I need the exercise." "Very well Hiei, do as you wish." The stranger bared his sharp canines, "Hmph, you think you're so tough. I'll show you!" He hefted his sword over his shoulder, quickly transforming it and rushing towards Hiei. "Take this!" He came down with tremendous force, only to slack the now tremendous blade into the ground. Hiei was in the air, "You'll have to do better than that, if you want to hit me." The demon looked up, `Damn he's fast,' he thought to himself. Again he leapt at him, this time swinging the blade to the side, but again he missed. "Honestly, do you really think you can strike me with that clumsy blade of yours?" The hanyou was getting angrier by the second. "How dare you insult the Tetsusaiga, the sword that can kill a thousand foes in a single swing!"(I'm only giving one guess to who this is, major clues: "Feh" and Tetsusaiga) He lunged forward, slashing wildly, but Hiei dodged him as easily as he had before, "A thousand foes, huh? Sounds pretty useless to me." "Grrrr…I'll get you, just you watch!" Hiei laughed, "I'm shaking in my boots." "Oh yeah?!" The demon jumped up, this time catching Hiei off guard, cutting a small gash across his chest.

"Not so fast now are you?" Hiei landed on a rock a foot away and clutched his chest where he had been slashed. "I assure you, that won't happen again." It was Hiei's turn to attack. He jumped from rock to rock, using his speed to confuse the hanyou. "Ready for some fun?"

~*Dojo*~

"Ouch!" Kagome fell flat on her ass after Genkai's rei gun hit. She blocked the attack, but the force pushed her back a good ways. She got up and prepared to attack, she raised her hands palms facing Genkai, and fingers spread wide. Her hands began to glow a bright blue, and energy gathered into her hands. Her eyes had been closed, but now flew open as she released her blast. Genkai didn't have time to dodge, the blast was quick, and so she blocked it with her own blast. Energies battled and eventually disappeared, canceling each other out.

Kagome faltered in her step, and kneeled on the ground. Genkai really was a brutal trainer, and she was tired. "We'll take a brake, so rest up. I want to test your healing abilities next; I feel we'll need them soon." Genkai went off to her room to meditate for a bit after her announcement. `What did Genkai mean by that? Why would we need my healing powers? Wait a minute…' Kagome spread out her senses trying to find the guys, `Ok, Kuwabara is with Yukina in their room, Yusuke is outside with Kurama and Hiei is fighting? With who?' Kagome tried to read the other fighters ki and soon grew worried, `Oh my god! What's he doing here? I gotta go stop the fight!' "Genkai! I'm going to find the guys, a fight broke out and I'm going to need Yukina and Botan's help. Can you set up two rooms for healing?" Kagome shouted to the old woman. "Of course child, Yukina is in the next room, knock before you enter though, those two are doing some weird things." Kagome nodded and went to get Botan and Yukina, while Genkai prepared the rooms.

~*Back with the battle*~ (The title thing is annoying, ne?)

The half demon struggled to follow Hiei's movements, `I can barely keep up with him,' Hiei appeared behind him. "Now, you die." But Inuyasha countered him with the Tetsusaiga, sending them hurtling in opposite directions. Inuyasha crashed into a grove of trees, while Hiei managed to land on his feet. Kurama was watching from the steps, along with Yusuke. "It seems as if Hiei has the upper hand, but that sword that the half demon carries, I can sense tremendous power emanating from it. It's almost as if it had its own life force." Yusuke nodded.

The hanyou managed to break free of his wooden prison, "Heh, time to unleash my secret weapon." He pointed the Tetsusaiga straight at Hiei, who was simply standing there with a superior look on his face, "When the two demon energies collide they create a fissure, this is the winds scar, Tetsusaiga ultimate attack. KAZE NO KIZU!!!" Hiei's eyes widened. They half demon had summoned a mighty blast of power in a single stroke, "How..."

And it hit.

Hiei tried to block, but he was taken off guard and took the full hit. "Keh, you're not so tough." The demon sneered. Hiei struggled to stand back up, and smirked. "You think you're done with me?" A look of panic crossed the other demon's face, `How did he survive that?!' Hiei had numerous cuts and bruises across his body. The small gash from earlier on his chest had widened, and he was sure one of his ribs was broken. "Since we're showing each other our favorite techniques, why don't I show you mine?" Hiei's Jagan opened and fire danced around him, a black dragon encircled his arm in the flames, "DRAGON OF THE DARKNESS FLAME!!!"

Hiei unleashed his dragon upon his opponent, engulfing him in the flames. When he emerged, he was worse off then Hiei, numerous bones and ligaments were torn and heavy cuts and gashes adorned his body. Both were panting heavily, neither wanting to give in till the other fell.

"Hiei!!" Then they heard her.

AN) I'm SO SO SO sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't able to update because I suck at battle scenes, so I had my friend do it. And believe me; he took his sweet ass time doing it. -_- NE ways, I would like to give a special thanks to my good pal Lord Konten No Kaze….blah blah blah. I can't remember the whole name, but he did all the Hiei/Inu action in this chapter. Also next chapter will have some fluffy steam between our two love birds. ^_~

Hiei: I don't want to kiss that stupid human.

Kitty: But Hiei, I'm human and you kissed-mphm

Hiei: ::covering my mouth:: Shut up! The only reason I did that was because of your stupid wall.

Kitty: Eheh ya, whatever, remember, review!