Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Sympathetic View on Life ❯ Prologue part 1: A Kitsune's Mind ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Sympathetic View on Life
Author: Tsukiko-san
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho
Pairing(s): Kurama/Kagome
Author's Drabble: I have deleted “Destiny's Plan” and decided to write a better Kurama/Kagome fanfic. So enjoy the chapter.
Summery: Many times human goodness is overlooked and we find the twisted and vile reflection of the anxieties that lies deep within useven beings that seem perfect find uneasy refuge in dark fantasies.
 
 
 
 
The broken shards of the glass moon falls upon me ~ Tsukiko-san
 
 
 
 
 
ProloguePart 1: A Kitsune's mind
 
 
 
::......::
 
 
 
 
The preoccupation with bygone days had blotted out the present with its shadows. His memories insist on the burdens of the past as it brings frightening diversions of his former life. Such memories had woken him up in the middle of the night his body covered in sweat hoping to not see his hands covered in blood of his enemies. The calculating golden eyes that were the most prominent in his dream told him that these were the memories of Youko. It seems that the kitsune took sadistic glee in the suffering memories of his heists and murders. The bandit kitsune was amoral tip toeing the line of innocence and malevolence. It seemed the 500 year old kitsune did not know that good and evil was marked in blood he much rather be unpredictable and thrive from his wicked deeds.
 
 
 
Kurama ran nimble fingers through his fiery red tresses the frigid wind scratching at his cheeks while his emerald eyes regarded the masses of people that were indistinguishable as they traveled on the sidewalks of Tokyo, Japan. Kurama's keen hearing was buzzing as he picked up scattered conversations and the sound of machinery spilling out thick smoke in the atmosphere. He grimaced as his sensitive nose gave a burning sensation to the fumes and smells that resided in the big city. He was still not use to the sounds and smells of Tokyo, Japan even after living 16 years in the technological city.
 
 
 
He passed through a throng of people making a small smirk play on his lips as he saw many girls take a second look at him. His exotic looks made him stand out since there were barley people in Japan who had fiery crimson hair and emerald green eyes in the mass of people that had bland brown eyes and black hair.
 
 
His movements were slow and deliberate as he dug his hands in the pockets of his school uniform, the distasteful pink uniform that Meiou high required each male student to wear. It was degrading enough that it was pink but it also attracted more female admires and some male….
 
 
He let a sigh escape his lips as an impassive look marred his face nothing but boredom being prominent in his mind.
 
He let the cooling breeze ruffle his fiery red hair the silky tresses covering part of his face the sky darkening a bit. He felt the slight change in temperature making him raise a delicate eyebrow as large black clouds obscured the flaming sun. He sped up his pace knowing that it was about to rain and not wanting to be caught in the down pour. He felt the needle pinpricks of the rain as it lightly poured onto the citizens of Japan. He stopped suddenly when he knew the chances of getting to his house without getting wet were slim to none. Kurama evened his breathing while he scoured the area for shelter he be damned if he got wet just because he forgot an umbrella.
 
 
Suddenly his emerald green eyes found some salvation from the pouring rain that poured upon his body soaking him to the bone.
 
It was a shrine…
 
Chipped statues stood at the entrance of the shrine, they were of kitsunes. He realized that it was a quaint shrine to Inari, the Shinto fortune of Kitsunes and rice; he found it a bit ironic that he found such a shrine. He grimaced slightly as the rain poured big fat drops that slid down his body making him shiver from the freezing water. He gulped in a shuddered breath and made his way to the ancient shrine finding that he felt a sense of warmth envelope him.
 
 
 
::……::
 
 
 
Youko felt the melancholy settle onto his personality he felt anxiety surge through his being as he cautiously lay still and away from the mind link to his counterpart. His tail was wrapped around his waist twitching ever so slightly as he tried to calm his nerves.
 
He sat graciously upon his heels his golden eyes flickering into a darker shade of gold that have brilliance in the bleak darkness he was reduced to hide in. He sighed running dangerous claws through his silver mane. He felt numbness spread into his legs as he sat perfectly still in the recess of Shuichi's mind.
 
He felt a surge of anger knowing that his counterpart was enjoying the outside world but the great thief Youko was forced to stay secluded in a human's body. He felt a growl erupt through his throat as his eyes turned a deadly tinge of red. Youko gave a shuddered sigh while he tried to control his demon blood knowing that it would bring nothing to his benefit to escape this avatar body. He knew that his own soul was mingling with Shuichi's and soon they will become one.
 
Once more he felt the craving become more persistent in his befuddled mind as he tried to control it. The need was diluted because of the mortal soul of Shuichi but the craving was still there. He muttered curses as he felt the yearning pull at his very being.
 
Seduction was his art but with Shuichi in charge of the body seducing lovers made the young human blush at the mere mention and dismiss the Kitsune's idea of getting some `action'.
 
Youko had become more persistent on trying to change Shuichi's mind since a new need surged through the bandit. Kitsune's in nature suck essence from partners but of course this happens through intimate affairs…… Youko was no different. He craved to feel pleasurable sensations while feeding off the aura of his partner; it had been so long since he had any intimate connections with anyone.
 
The hunger was there and he would satisfy it.
 
 
 
::……::
 
 
 
The small shrine looked a bit abandon the shoji doors a bit ripped and the fading kanji's that adorned the rice paper. He walked further into the quaint shrine his soft footsteps echoing in the practically empty shrine. He heard the distinct sound of thunder while he pulled opened a shoji door that read `prayer room' in antiquated handwriting.
 
His emerald green eyes were slightly clouded and distracted as he looked at the withered statue that stood in the middle of the room. A prickling sensation made him narrow his eyes that held a golden glint in his normally emerald eyes.
 
He carefully turned around his hand already traveling to his fiery locks so that he may grab one of his magic roses. He saw nothing but dense shadows that made it hard to see anything in the darkness of the room. He knew someone was there and he wouldn't let his guard down until he disposed of the intruder.
 
“Long time no see…Kurama.” A sinister voice said as Kurama visibly stiffened at the voice. He brushed his fingers on his fiery locks but he stopped his actions when a silhouette made an appearance in his line of vision.
 
Dark captivating eyes escaped the confines of the darkness as Kurama pulled a rose from his hair his emerald eyes flickering to golden then to lush emerald.
 
“Karasu?” Kurama whispered.
 
 
------End Chapter------
 
Okay I kind of feel bad because I thought this chapter sucked and it is really short. Anyway please review! Please!