Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Possessive ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Possessive
 
The hybrid stepped from the room silently, his crimson eyes remaining locked on the occupant inside for a long moment. Then, with a flick of his wrist, he shut the door and produced a thick barrier to keep his mate protected.
 
`Possessive little bastard,' Youko grumbled.
 
“Hiei,” Kurama greeted his friend, as the other demon stiffly walked into the kitchen. It was clear by his stance that he was still upset with him from earlier, but Kurama was ready to make amends. There was no reason for Hiei to shun him simply because he had finally mated.
 
Youko snorted mostly to himself, as he stated, `It doesn't look like the little pipsqueak wants your help, Red.'
 
Knowing that Youko was right did not deter Kurama, though, while he watched Hiei shuffle through the refrigeration in search of something. “Is there anything in particular you're looking for, Hiei?”
 
The hybrid merely cast a dark glance in his direction.
 
`What'd I tell you?' Youko snickered.
 
“There's—” Kurama was thoroughly surprised when his friend snarled at him.
 
“Leave me be, fox,” Hiei grunted.
 
“I would be very happy to—” Kurama noticed that the hair on the back of his neck was rising, as Hiei's narrowed eyes locked onto him, “—but, I also believe that I could help you find whatever you're looking for.”
 
Hiei hissed, “I don't need your help.”
 
Kurama went to reply, but instinct kept him silent as Hiei shuffled through the refrigeration a little longer. He blinked at the feeling, watching the hybrid pull a bag of apples and a package of sushi from the cooling device, before he completely understood the reason his tongue refused to move.
 
`You know, Red, I've noticed that you're getting a little slow,' Youko sighed.
 
Mentally waving the spirit fox away, Kurama frowned. It was obvious that the hybrid wished to provide for his mate in every way possible, but to deny the simple offer of help was ridiculous. It was not as if he would try to convince Hiei's mate that it was him, not Hiei, that constantly kept her well fed and in good health.
 
`I told you,' Youko sneered, `he's a possessive little bastard! He would rather starve his mate and himself, than ask for somebody to help him find her something to eat!'
 
As if he had heard the spirit fox, Hiei stopped outside the last door down the hallway and released a low growl in warning. Then, grabbing the doorknob, he dispelled his barrier and swiftly entered the room.
 
`And, you know what else,' Youko growled, `that little bastard just stole my sushi!!'
 
Softly, Kurama sighed.
 
Despite Kurama's sudden calm, Youko continued to rant, `This is my home! Who does that little bastard think he is?! And you, you didn't even try to stop him from stealing my food!'