Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Cries in the Night ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cries in the Night
 
`Go to sleep,' Youko groaned. `Please.'
 
Amused, Kurama wondered for a moment if he should stay up a little while more just to disobey the spirit merged with him.
 
`Don't,' Youko snapped. `I can't stand your constant worrying.'
 
“Really?” Kurama softly scoffed. “I would have never guessed.”
 
`Ugh.' Youko hated it when the human, Minamino Shuuichi, mocked him with the fact that he could actually speak. It was a ridiculous thing to taunt him with, yet the fact that the human found delight in it really irritated him. `Please don't start with that, Red. Just go to sleep.'
 
Kurama supposed that Youko was correct. Hiei would not be exiting the room any time soon, and, as long as he remained, his mate would not be either. So, there was really no reason to sit on the couch waiting for the last door down the hallway to even crack open a little.
 
Besides, though there was a demon spirit inside of him, he was human himself. He needed to rest. Perhaps not as much as the average human, considering Youko's influence, but enough, at least, that he managed to sleep five hours a day.
 
`That's it,' Youko urged him. `Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go—'
 
Retreating to his room, Kurama rolled his eyes at the spirit's mantra.
 
`What?' Youko growled. `You're annoying the hell out of me, so it's only fair that I get to annoy the hell out of you!'
 
“Yes, of course,” Kurama mockingly agreed.
 
`Hey, I don't have to take that kind of sh—!' Youko paused. `Did you… feel that?'
 
Indeed, he had. Kurama shivered again at the feel of the soft, caressing energy that suddenly washed over him.
 
Hiei.”
 
`Holy—!?' Youko would have grinned stupidly if he still had a body.
 
Hiei!” That, Kurama knew, was Hiei's mate. And, by the sound of her voice, she clearly enjoyed being Hiei's mate.
 
`Who knew that little bastard had it in him?!' Youko laughed.
 
The sound from Hiei's room quickly echoed out into the hallway, and Kurama knew immediately that the energy he had felt was the aftershock of a barrier breaking. Hiei's mate's barrier, to be more exact, and it was clear that she had raised it in an attempt to keep the noise they were making to a minimum.
 
O-oh, Hiei!
 
The hybrid responded with only a dominating snarl.
 
`You know,' Youko finally muttered, `she would be screaming louder if he was doing it right.'
 
Not wishing to listen to the spirit, Kurama quickly raised a barrier of his own to keep the noise from entering his room.
 
`Hey!' Youko pouted. `I wanted to know how—'
 
Kurama was almost happy when Youko abruptly stopped, but he knew it was too good to be true. And, of course, he was proven right when the spirit spoke once more.
 
`You know what, Red,' Youko snarled. `You're a prude! And, right now, I really wish I'd found myself some perverted, fetish-loving, bondage-type pregnant woman to bond with!'
 
If only it could have been so.
 
`You—you—you—!' Youko sputtered in disbelief.