Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Tension ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Tension
 
“Now, about that glass.” Kurama smiled charmingly, moving into the kitchen with Hiei's little mate following close behind him. He wanted to make sure she was as comfortable as possible, even with Youko's sexual commentary in his head, because it would only take one tiny moment to improve Hiei's mood.
 
`You know—' Youko grinned.
 
Youko really needed to shut up.
 
`Hey, that's not funny!' Youko huffed.
 
“You will find everything you need in this cupboard here—” Kurama causally pulled a glass from inside, “—boxed and canned food can be found over there, pots and pans are underneath the stove here, and everything else has been put alphabetically into the remaining cupboards.”
 
“You're very well organized,” Kagome smiled.
 
“Thank you.” Extending his hand, Kurama placed the glass he was holding into Kagome's. His skin barely grazed her own, but a small shiver raced up his spine at the tingling sensation that her strange energy caused. There was just something—
 
Kagome.”
 
Glancing up, since he had not realized he was staring at his hand, Kurama was surprised to find Hiei standing stiffly in the kitchen doorway. Was the strange aura that Kagome emitted so intoxicating that he had not even noticed Hiei's approach?
 
`You really are getting slow, Red,' Youko snorted. `I noticed the little bastard long before now.'
 
Yes, and that also explained why the spirit did not find it necessary to inform him.
 
Youko, surprisingly, only growled.
 
Hiei's eyes darkened in fury, as he snapped, “Kagome, come here.”
 
Deciding it best not to interrupt, Kurama watched as Kagome immediately went to her mate. She smiled just for him, no doubt making Youko drool at the thought of that smile turning toward him, and rested a calming hand on his bicep.
 
“Hiei, Shuuichi-san was only helping me find a glass. I told you that I broke the other one, but you left so sudden that I thought it might be best just to get one myself.” She bit her lip, saying, “I mean, I didn't want to waste your time, and—”
 
Hiei's growl shut her up, as he twisted the hair at the back of her neck around his fingers. Then, leaning in close enough that they were almost touching, he said, “You wouldn't be wasting my time.”
 
“But—”
 
“Enough,” Hiei demanded. “Return to the room, Kagome.”
 
Kurama frowned a bit. He knew it was not his place, but he felt the need to speak up for the little woman. “She is more than welcome in the rest of the house, Hiei. There is no reason to keep her locked up.”
 
Hiei ignored him completely, a snarl building in his chest.
 
`That pipsqueak—!' Youko suddenly began to laugh. `Holy—I never thought I'd see the day when he's jealous just because his mate was speaking with another person!'
 
Kurama did not reply, watching as Kagome instinctively bowed her head and moved to do as Hiei asked. It was clear which of them was dominant in the relationship, as Hiei then turned a fierce glare upon him before turning to follow her out of his sight.
 
`Don't be so sure there, Red,' Youko said slowly. `You noticed the fire in her eyes, didn't you? Because if you didn't, they told a completely different story.'