Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Eyed Beauty ❯ Time ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Time
 
Youko growled deep inside his mind, saying, `I swear, Red, if you don't do something about this, I will.'
 
There really was nothing that could be done.
 
`Nothing that—?' Youko stopped, snapping, `There is plenty that could be done! You just refuse to let me out so I can kick that little bastard's ass!'
 
Kurama thought it best to ignore Youko. After all, the spirit fox did not sympathize with the fact that Botan had practically threatened to separate Hiei from Kagome, and thus created the problem in the first place.
 
In fact, it was Youko's fault—
 
`W-what?!' Youko gasped.
 
—for if his spirit had not decided to attach itself to his mother, Kurama would have never decided to conduct his little experiment. And, ultimately, Hiei would not have locked himself away with his mate for three whole days, constantly forcing her barrier to break in order to reassert his claim.
 
`You bastard!' Youko hissed. `If I could skin your hide, I—'
 
Unfortunately, he could not. And, even if he could, Kurama believed that it would be rather painful for Youko to, technically, skin his own hide.
 
`I hate you.' The irritated spirit snorted loudly, making sure that he remembered to torment the human half of his body when it would annoy him the most.
 
Pushing aside Youko's commentary, Kurama returned his attention to the door at the end of the hallway. His eyes narrowed, as he recognized the slight ripple in Hiei's current barrier. His senses extended quickly, trying to catch a hint of what had occurred, and he was almost surprised to feel Hiei's fading energy signature.
 
Hundreds of questions appeared in Kurama's mind. But, only two remained significant: what was the hybrid up to, and why had he removed himself from his mate's presence after making such a fuss over the chance of permanent separation?