Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Future's Past ❯ The Mission and the Strange Meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"I have a new mission for all of you," Koenma said with a sigh as he disregarded Yusuke's comment.

"And what are the requirements of this mission?" Kurama asked.

"The Lord and Lady of Miaka are having a meeting with the Lords and Ladies of the four lands. I want all of you to be there, I have arranged for you to be placed on security for the even."

"What are we supposed to do there?" Kurama asked once again, since everyone else seemed to want to remain silent.

"You are there to insure the safety of the Lords and Ladies. Also, I want you all to spy, to find if there are things going on in Miaka and here as well that we should be aware of. We already have people working on the inside, but we would like to have more there, just to be safe. Do you understand?" After all the members had nodded or shown some type of understanding, Koenma continued. "You all will leave tonight. You will stay at the Lord and Lady of Miaka's home, do NOT show them any disrespect, for if you do, I can not guarantee your safety."

"Fine, fine, fine, whatever!" Yusuke muttered under his breath, then suddenly turned on Koenma. "What do you mean we will be staying in the Lord of Miaka's house, and you can't insure our safety!?!?!" Yusuke looked to be in between fright and anger.

"Yes, so don't be you," Koenma replied while pushing Yusuke into a portal; the other three followed him.

Other side of the portal

"UF!"

"Ouch!"

"AHHHH!!!"

"Shut up you idiot."

"Yeah, well make me shortie!!" The Spirit Detectives all yelled as they landed on the other side of the portal. They all looked up at the large house, slash that, the large mansion, nope that was wrong too, the large castle that stood before them.

"WOW!" was all the four could utter either aloud or in their heads.

"Welcome to our home," a calming, soothing voice said out of thin air.

"What who said that?!?" Kuwabara asked while spinning around in circles, trying to find the speaker.

"Don't worry, I am inside of the castle. I have other matters to which I am attending. Tell me, are you the ones from Koenma?" continued the voice.

"Yes we are, can we assume that you are the Lady of Miaka?" Kurama asked as he bowed at the large iron gate in front of the castle.

"You will just have to wait and find out, now won't you?" The voice answered. "Come inside, the servants will show you to your rooms, we won't be able to see you until tomorrow morning. I'm afraid my mate has matters to attend to, as do I. If you have any problems, please find a servant, or if you can not, call for me, and I shall come if I may," the disembodied voice continued as they walked up the walk to the castle and entered into the cool front hall. Servants came up to them and stood before the individuals.

The group followed their servants to their respected rooms, and prepared for a strange day the next day.