Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Tree and the Well: What Was Left Unsaid. ❯ Present ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sesshoumaru smiled at his `victim' as the two circled each other, both waiting for and opening. Sesshoumaru, being the natural hunter that he is, find his opening quicker than his `prey' and with a swipe of this claws……… this `battle' would should be over. Only his claws never made contact with his `prey', instead the hit something hard that was sending hurtful shocks up his arm and into his body. He quickly with drew his hand and snarled at his `prey'.

"Told you I was getting better" his `prey' sneered.

"I see that that fox still hasn't taught you manners," Sesshoumaru growled back.

"Feh, are we going to talk are we going to `fight'"

"Excuse my Lord, there's someone here to see you," Jaken butted.

Sesshoumaru turned to his servant, who currently stood in the door way of judo room "Tell Mika that I'll be there after I teach this human some manners."

"She has yet to arrive, my Lord," replied Jaken "Your visitor claim to be from the Spirit Agency, they say that they wish to talk to about a case they are on."

"Now what does Koenma want?" Sesshoumaru growled, turn to the human "It looks like we'll have to make a rain check, go clean up."

"Aye Sir," the boy said, bowing, before he left.

"Send them in Jaken."

And off went the toad to fetch his `guests'. Seeing how they were from Koenma he felt no need to hide his markings, but still something about this felt off. Koenma knew better than to bother him on small matters, so why where his bothering him now? ~A case they say, I've done nothing wrong so why do they want talk to me? ~ he ponder.

A few minutes later an odd group walked into the room: two humans and *cough* two demons. Sesshoumaru took a quick mental note to find out more about the `fox' later as well as to yell Koenma out about this later.

"So what is it that you want to talk about?" he asked point blank, he really didn't like doing the two step with Koenma's lackeys.

"We are here to ask you about your brother's sword; the Tetsusaiga," the `fox' politely replied.

"What of it?"

"Have you heard of a group known as the Spiders?" asked the other demon.

A brief memory of his brother telling him about the mark on Narku's back flashed into his mind, "No, I haven't. What do they have to do with the Tetsusaiga?"

"They're after it, and that has Koenma worried about its `safety'," replied one of the humans, who looked bored with the whole thing.

"This is a demon group correct?" asked Sesshoumaru.

"As far as we know yes," replied the `fox'

"Then tell Koenma that is worry is useless, and that if he every pulls one of this stuns again, ………. I'll let you full in the blank there."

"And why is our concern useless" asked the demon.

"That's none of your business."

"Look you know that sword can cause some serious damage to the Spirit World, so why not tell us where it is so we can make sure that doesn't happen," barked the human that spoke earlier.

"And how do I know you're not with this Spider group?"

"Why you," growled the human preparing to hit him

He never got there, just before the human's fist made contact with his face a shield was placed in-between them, pushing both of them back. A quick glance to the door showed why.

"Kane," growled Sesshoumaru addressing the boy in the door way.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Mika is downstairs waiting for you. She says that you can't sneak out of this and if she have to she will drag your tail down there personal," replied the lad.

"Very well, your guest where just about to leave any way, well you show them the door for me."

"Aye"

"Just one more question, if I may. Do you know where we may find Shippou? We where wanting to talk to him as well," asked the `fox'.

"I don't know where that fox is," and with that he dismissed them.

In his office Sesshoumaru made a quick call.

"Kougo speaking, how can I help you?" the voice on the other line said.

"It's me," growled Sesshoumaru "We have problems."

"Aren't you suppose to be somewhere right now?" asked the wolf.

"This is serious, he may be back," barked the inu.

"Are you sure?"

"No, but Shippou has duck into hiding, a group of Koenma's lackeys where just here asking about the Tetsusaiga and talking about a demon group known as the Spiders, you tale me."

"Hum sounds like him alright, now what? We don't even know where the runt hid the thing, let alone why he would want."

"Take a guess."

"I guess this puts things on hold uh?"

"Yes, I'm not going to put her in danger by letting her in on this."

"But shouldn't we at lest……."

"NO"

"But she'll want to you, you can't keep it from her, she has the right to know."

"No"

"Listen here mutt face Kagome has a right to know about this, not all of it but she needs to know the he's dead, we've already held it off for to long, you really should she her Sess, if you think that Shippou was bad you haven't seen nothing yet, and she doesn't even know yet."

"No, believe me I would like to, but right now, we have other things to worry about now."

"YOU GOT MAIL!!!" cries out Sesshoumaru's computer.

"Man, don't you every stop working?" quizzed Kougo "You know there a word called v-acat-ion why don't you look it up some time."

Sesshoumaru gave him a snort and continued to read his e-mail:

Around and around to goes, where it stops only lovers know,

Fat is thin, thin is fat, that where I'm at.

Come one come all and forget your worries for now

Singed - Iyandkh

"Say Kougo how do you feel about carnivals?"

"Their okay, why?"

"Because I think I know where our `friend' is."

"OH!"

"I'll meet you there," and with that Sesshoumaru hanged up.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~__~

"That was odd," said Hiei as the group walked way from the Sesshoumaru's house.

"Indeed, especially the human," replied Kurama "I thought shamans were a dead breed."

"No there's a few left, they're just not trained, not like him at any rate," said Hiei "I wonder what's a shaman is doing with a demon."

Kurama nodded at his friend comment.

"What of it?" asked Yusuke.

"Shamans and their female counter-parts, mikos, are known for destroying demons. They are one of the few begins that no demon wants to meets. Unlike us they don't use spirit energy, the use spirit magic, that means were you or I will run out of power quickly, they don't. They can fight until the dye, and still be able to hit you with the worst attacks you faced. Trust me, you wouldn't have last long in a fight with him," explain Hiei.

Yusuke made a face behind Hiei's back, as Sesshoumaru drove past them. As the car sped past them something caught Yusuke's eye, he stopped and look of in the distance for a bit before turning around heading back to where they came from. He could hear his friends call out to him in confusion but he didn't stop, he just hoped that his gut was wrong for once.

_-----_-----_-----____------____

Mouse- I think I'll leave it there. Thanks for the review. I'll see you later.