Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Tree and the Well: What Was Left Unsaid. ❯ Shippo's past, Kane's Furture ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Well?" asked Kagura when Naraku hanged up the phone.
"If she knows anything she didn't mention it, not that I excepted her to tell 'him' anything any way." he replied.
Kagura snorted "So have 'they' called yet?"
"Yes."
"When?"
"Tomorrow night; at the Black Pearl."
She nodded and after a bit of silence said "I still think you should have gotten rid of her before now."
"If I had you may not be here to voice that thought," stated Naraku turning away from her he walk to their captive and smirked at his dead soulless eyes "How's our 'guest' doing?"
"He's settled now for now" Kanna replied while not taking her eye off her mirror "That worries me. They're planning something I can feel it."
"They?" asked Naraku.
"Yes they, it feels likes there is more than one soul in here but at the time there doesn't," she replied.
"Interesting."
"I don't like it," voiced Kagura.
"He's harmless, so let's just watch him, for now."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*&^%
"I bet we could break out of here."
"How? Just make the window drained the kid of most of his energy."
"Let's hear him out before dismissing anything."
"Well I was thinking that...."
"What's that brat doing here, with them? Man what I wouldn't give for some audio right now."
"Are you normally this rude or just when some is...."
"Hey have seen him too, he was trying to hang around this dark headed girl who as been sick a lot last school year. Man he give me the creeps no one can be that cheerful and understanding and still be normal."
"You're telling me. I never liked the guy and this seals it, he's dead."
"If you were to listen then maybe...."
"Dead? Why dead?"
"Because he's been messing around my Kagome!"
"Your Kag... Oh, no she wasn't, she couldn't be the girl in the well...."
"Yep."
"Not bad looking, I thought she would have been plainer than that."
"If you..."
"Hey we share the same spirit now so what I do in a since you do."
"But it was my soul first so you two idiots will shut up and listen to me!"
"Man some ones touchy."
"You said it."
"ARGGGGGGGGGH!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^&*%
Shippou looked up into the branch s of the God Tree, and active he hasn't done in years. He half expected to a hint of red cloth somewhere up there. A sad smile graced his lips as he stood there.
"May I help you?" asked an old man next to him. He recognized him as the shrine's care taker.
"May be" he replied "I wish to talk to a Higuroshi, Kagome. I was told that I could find her here."
Suspicion covered the man's face "She is my Granddaughter, may I ask what your business with her is?" he asked.
"I only want to talk to her, sir, about her... study of ancient Japan. If you would, tell her that... Shippou is here to talk to her, I'm sure she would like to talk to me."
The man looked a little shaken up by this statement, but didn't move.
Smirking Shippou add while leaning a little closer to the man "Yes, the same demon kit that use to ride in you granddaughter's bicycle basket."
That seemed to get his attendance. "Stay here I'll see if she in."
After some yelling from inside the house (Mostly things like: HE'S A D-E-M-O-N, and Put those spirit scrolls down Grandpa, and so on.) Kagome came out to talk to her old friend.
"I assume Kouga told you about Inuyasha" he started as he led her to a bench near the old tree."
"Aye" she replied.
"I'm sorry about that, Sesshormaru should have told you, especially since he was Inuyasha's brother, his kin."
Kagome snorted at that "Since when did that stop him from anything?"
"They patched up after you left Kagome. Inuyasha was never the same after that day," he smiled as he looked back "out of everything that had happen to us your departure was the only thing he let get him down. He use to sit in that tree and watch as village grew... he would go to the well, roughly about 3, in hopes that you would be there... 249 years and he never gave up hope. I never understood that until I fell in love my self."
"What?!" screeched Kagome, face flushed, as she tried (and failed horrible) to picture her sweet innocent kit in a romantic situation.
Shippou gave her a chuckle that was clearly taken from Inuyasha's book, "You remember that little girl I meet in our travels and helped out?" he asked
"Yeah...NO!!"
He nodded his head "Yep."
His eyes got foggy as he recalled the past to him:
491 years into the past:
A teen version of Shippou sat inside Keade's hut waiting for the return of Miroku and Inuyasha. It was the annual leaving of Shippou, as he called it, each year Miroku and Inuyasha would go and retrieve some herb from Jineni. It all started out as a way to save Miroku from Sango's temper during her first pregnancy, and has since continued. However doing so leaves the ageing bat...er...Keade without her normal help which is where he comes into the picture, Granny-sitting, yeah. He sighed and looked out the door, being a typical teen demon he was in bad want of roaming, sitting here just was not his style, he particle itched to be out on the road again. There was only one person that could make him stay in one place willingly but she wasn't here and he doubt that the monks would let him be there for too long; demons and monks don't mix really. Oh he has visited her a few times and was, of course, chased off each time by her 'protectors'. If only there was a way to get around those monks....
"So this is the village?"
"Yep"
"Don't worry you'll like it here, the old hag ain't too bad, the villagers are friendly, and I think you'll fit in just fine here."
Looking at the door he saw Miroku and Inuyasha walking with a young girl... wait a minute he knew that scent... no she couldn't be... Satsuki!
"Say Miroku why don't you introduce her to the village elders while I check on Keade." said Inuyasha has he walked towards her hut.
Miroku nodded know the really reason for his departure, Shippou wasn't going to like this 'talk' but there was no other way around it.
No sooner than he had dropped his package then he had grabbed the fox demon and pushed him away from the door.
"NO."
"But..."
"No Shippou, she is here to help take over some of Keade's responsibilities, the village won't take to kindly if a demon makes off with their healer, so no."
"But Sango..."
"Can't do it all and take care of her little ones all at once, and Rai is still too young to do it all just yet," He sighed, he understand, really he did, "Look just stay a way from her for five years or so, okay. During that time you can love her from a far, and I mean A FARRRRR, you can also try becoming a part of this village. They may not be too mad if they know she won't be living them," he smiled. "Now then what did you do with the old bat?"
"Those could have been the worst five years of my life, but the where worth it, by the end of it the whole village was cheering us on. Two years later she gave me a son, five years after that she passed while giving life to my daughter. She never had the strength she once had before Haruko, my son arrival; the second time was just too much. If it wasn't for Inuyasha I might have join her, but his fists and heated words kept reminding that there was other's that need me, so I kept going on. Ten years later a plague would claim my daughter, Sada and roughly 467 years later I would lose Haruko through marriage, to Tainn who come from the American branch of Sango's and Miroku's the tree; 2 years later she would give me a grandson Kane. Ten years after that I would lose Haruko and Tainn to Naraku, he killed them because I wouldn't give up the sword and now he holds my grandson over my head." Shippo sighs and hangs his head.
"Don't worry Shippo we'll get him back you'll see," Kagome smiled softly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*&^%
“Okay, explain to me again why the Spirit World is up in arms about a rusty, beaten-up sword?” asked Yusuke.
“Because it has the power to kill a thousand demons in one swing,” replied Sesshoumaru.
“Yeah right” Yusuke snorted “I bet that thing can't even cut paper.”
“Tell that to my left arm” Sesshoumaru mumbled.
The “Gang” (if you could call it that) is currently setting thing up for the `exchange' that was to happen later that night, and as you can image they weren't getting long very well. The Black Pearl itself was a small night club closed for this night only, and was one of Shippo's pet projects and as has its has all the gadgets you want when you think you maybe rob (not that Shippo was thinking along those line when he put them). Yet in the Black Pearl up in clear view over the DJ's booth hung the Tetsusaiga. That's right no fancy vault for this sword for Shippo learn long ago that where looking for something of value no one looks in the open.(Mouse: Would you look for a powerful sword in a night club over the DJ's booth?).
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~`*$#@!
The time had come for the meeting and every one was waiting for their guests to arrive, that's right everyone including Kagome was at the Black Pearl that night.
Slowly the front door open and Kagura walk in first fellowed by Kane and Kanna and lastly….
“Hojo?” squeaked Kagome when she saw the last figure enter the room.
“I think I forgot to mention this part” sighed Shippo “You see that not Hojo it really Naraku.”
“You mean…” Kagome gulped
“Yeap”
Kagome shuddered.
“It's nice to see you too Kagome,” smiled Naraku.
“There's the sword Naraku” Sesshoumaru pointed to the table beside them “Now hand over the boy.”
He nodded “Kane be a good boy a fetch me that sword.”
Dumbly the form of Kane did just that.
“You really didn't I be dumb enough to let you have a free shot at me do you?” Naraku laughed.
Kane's figures slow wrapped around the sword's hilt and scabbard. It was only then did Kanna see her master fault error.
“NO!”
Her mirror shattered, as a streak of light came out of it ahead straight for Kane's soulless form.
“Yes” came the dark reply from Kane's form. Slowly he turned around to face the crowd a yellow light filled his blank eyes, as he pulled the sword from it's scabbard transforming the sword into the Fang. “Miss me Naraku?”
The voice was not his own nor was the air around and no one knew what to think, except for may be one…. Before anyone else could move Naraku and his lackeys were running out the door with Kane close behind.
“Inuyasha”
It was a soft whisper one barely hear yet Kane stop and looked at her. It might have been five hundred years but she looked exactly the same as the last time he saw her. Then Lady Grey's words came back to him. ~I promise that you'll see her again even if it's not with your eyes~ and with that the world went black with one word escaping his lips “Kagome”.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~)(*&^1
Kane awoke to a splitting headache and his own room, the past days events were blurry in his mind yet he knew he shouldn't be where he was, but first thing first the headache head to be dealt with creeping down stairs he could hear an agreement be carried on about how to get and find Naraku, well he the most of it…:
“I know I felt him Shippo, it was just for a moment but…” a girl about his age was saying
“It's just not possible Kagome… he's dead… there's no way that you could have sensed him.”
“But… I know he was there…”
 
Kane could feel something rise in him something that wanted to go and tell the girl that she was right and that he was there, but that was ridicules he didn't even know who the girl was. Aspirin taken Kane headed back to bed he would got his answers later when things where quieter.
#%$@
The clock struck midnight downstairs the house itself was quiet as Kane's form left out of bed, soulless eyes tinted red scanned the room as a dark smile crossed his face, at last he was somewhat free and he was going to use his freedom wisely. Walking to the dresser he watched as the youth features melted into a form more pleasing black hair bleach white hazel eyes becoming violet, his figure nails growing and hardening and colored themselves black. Smirking he turn to the window, it was time the student paid for his lesson. Yes he would teach Naraku want it meant to steal and use another's work without their permission.
*&^%$@!
Mouse: Hi, nope I'm not dead yet, aren't you thrilled. For the Fan Fiction reviewer called 'MEEE!! :)' I'll gladly introduce the newbies (my characters) of the fic for the others will there are fan site out there that can give you a better description than I can so go see them.
Now then:
Kane: As you just learn he is Shippo's grandson, he's also one year ahead of Kagome in school. He was born in America but was raised in Japan. At age seven his parents were killed by Naraku, and so on most of his tell you'll get be reading the story, and yes he is a reincarnation of someone (think it's not hard to figure out who) it's him and his incarnations that are talking in Kanna's mirror. While one maybe easy to figure out the 'other' may not don't worry you'll get his bio when he shows up and introduces himself.
Mika: Sessy one and only little baby girl (just don't let her hear you say that). She is the current ruler of the Western Lands in spirit world and yes she is strong (just as strong as daddy) she only as a pass to this world due to her fathers dealings with Naraku, in other words because Sessy and the gang know about Naraku and want revenge they have been allowed passing between the two world and so have their kids, however it is a limited pass once Naraku is dead their pass is gone. Hum... I wonder what will happen to Kane then?
Leiko: was Sesshoumaru's wife that was until he found out that she was working for Naraku, I doubt that you'll see much more of her so that's all I'm going to say about her.
 
And yes in case you have not figured it out Kane is the reincarnation of Inuyasha and someone else and it looks like their taking time shares with Kane's body you know and I know that that's not a good thing. Until next time bye.