Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Training ❯ Getting there, and are you ready YET? ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I only own Nina. I don't own Inu-Yasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. I only have the presents under the tree with my name on them…..Actually, do I own them, or not…^-^'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

The next morning, Kagome woke up, and looked at her clock "Oh no!" Kagome sat bolt up right. "I'm gonna be late for school!" Kagome threw her uniform on hurriedly, and ran a brush through her hair as she ran down stairs to eat a hurried breakfast. She glared at Sota, who was almost ready to leave for his school. "Why didn't you wake me up?!" she asked him, angrily. "I tried" Sota said shrugging.

"Nina will probably be here when you come home." Mrs.Higurashi said to Kagome. "Nina's gonna be here later?" Sota said, "Cool!" Kagome looked at her younger brother and raised an eyebrow. "What?" Sota said. "She's about as cool as Inu-Yasha!" he defended himself. "Okay. Whatever you say." Kagome said as she got up and grabbed her books. "Thanks for breakfast." Kagome called to her mother as she put on her shoes.
She ran out of the house to catch up with her brother.

When she got to school, her three friends ran up to her. "Kagome!" "Kagome, should you even be up?" "Yeah, your grampa said you had foot-and-mouth disease." Kagome sweat dropped and laughed weakly. "Well, I'm better now." She said.

After school. Kagome was walking with her three friends, when Hojo walked up to them. "Higurashi! How's your back?" "It's fine" Kagome said weakly. "If your feeling up to it, would you like to go to dinner with me this weekend?" Hojo asked. "Of course she will." one of Kagome's friends said.

(If anyone knows the names of Kagome's three friends, could you tell me, and tell me which on is which? I will love you forever. Thanks.^-^)

"No" Kagome said. "What?" Kagome's friends said. "Why not?" demanded another of Kagome's friends. "I have to go somewhere." Kagome answered. "One of my friends came over last night, and asked me, so since she asked me first, I'm going to go with her. Actually, I really do need to go." Kagome explained. "I see" Hojo said "Maybe we can go out some other time." "Maybe" Kagome said. "Bye Hojo!" Kagome called as Hojo walked away.

"Okay Kagome. Spill it." One of her friends demanded. "Are you really going to go see your friend, or are you really going to see that rude, arrogant jerk?" "I'm going to go see my friend, who I met through my mom's friend's daughter, Keiko." "Who's this friend?" demanded another friend. "Her name's Nina. And I really need to go home now. Bye." Kagome said, as she walked away from her friends, towards her house.

When Kagome got there, she saw Nina out front with Sota. "Cool!" she heard Sota yell, as Nina finished showing her what a pattern dance was with a glaive. *I'll explain at the end*

"Hey Nina!" Kagome called. Nina turned "Hi Kagome." Nina walked over to where Kagome was standing. "Why don't you go in and pack some cloths. You're going to be there for a while. Oh, and don't pack any skirts or anything." Nina said. "Where are we going?" Kagome asked. Nina shook her head "You'll see when we get there." "Go" Nina said, pointing towards the house. "Pack. Now." "Ok, fine." Kagome sighed as she walked to the house.

"Can you show me some more stuff?" Sota asked, giving Nina puppydog eyes. She sighed. "Ok, bet this is the last time." "Okay!" Sota cheered. Nina sighed. `Damn. I'm a sucker for kids. I love `em too much.' She thought to herself.

A few minuets later, she decided to go check on Kagome. "Ok Shrimp, that's enough. I'm gonna go check on your sister." "Awww" Sota groaned. "I gotta." Nina said, shrugging.

Nina walked into Kagome's room, and saw cloths all over. She saw Kagome digging through her closet. Nina sighed. "Are you having trouble finding pants?" she asked, exasperated. Kagome turned and looked over her shoulder at Nina. "Yeah" she said, nodding. Nina rolled her eyes. "You can borrow some of my stuff then." She said, shaking her head. "But" she warned, "We're going to have to go shopping." "Okay" Kagome said. "Just bring a few personal things you want." Nina said. "I'd like to leave as soon as possible." "Okay" Kagome said.

She found a bag, and put some things in it. She even put her textbooks in. Nina raised an eyebrow at that. "What?" Kagome said. "I happen to want an education, you know." "Trust me" Nina said, "You'll never use them. You'll be way too tired everyday probably to even think about studying." Kagome shook her head stubbornly. "I'm bringing them." She said. "Whatever." Nina said.

You ready yet?" "Almost." Kagome said, as she put a few more things in her bag. "Okay, I'm ready." She said, as she put her backpack on. *not the huge one* "Good. Now, bets go say bye to your family and go.: Kagome sighed a bit. "Okay."

Nina walked out of the room. Kagome stood for a moment, looking around her room. `This is the last time I'll be here for I don't even know how long.' Kagome thought to herself. Nina come back in. "Come on Kagome. I already read bye to everyone, now you need to. And while your doing that, I'll go and seal the well." "Alright." Kagome said, nodding as she followed Nina out of her room.

Nina walked out of the house, as Kagome went to say farewell to her family. She opened the door to the well house, and went in. `That's it?' Nina thought to herself. `This well is what is causing Kagome and her family all of her problems?' She shook her head. `That's pathetic. It's a well for crying out loud!' "Oh well." Nina walked down the stairs, to stand in front of the well. Nina shrugged and closed her eyes.

She let her mind empty of all thoughts. She found her well of power, which was always there, no matter what. She reached in, and coaxed a bit out, to the well. She formed a barrier, making it so no one could get through it.

"There" Nina said, opening her eyes. "Now no one can get through. Kagome won't have to worry about Inu-Yasha coming and interrupting her training." "But…"Nina trailed off, frowning a bit. "He might worry a bit, about why he can't get through…So… I think I'll leave a message for him." Nina smiled as she put some more of her power into the barrier. "There we go." Nina nodded, satisfied. "Now Inu-Yasha will know why he can't come to get Kagome."

She heard the door slid open. She turned. "I'm all done Kagome. Ready to go now?" "Yes" Kagome said.

They walked down the stairs towards a car parked in front of the stairs. "Come on Kagome. Get in." Nina said, motioning for Kagome to come over. "You can drive?" Kagome said, as she walked over. Nina smiled sweetly. "Of course I can. Why do you think I have a car." "Okay…" Kagome said, hesitantly. Nina sighed, and grabbed Kagome's bag. She tossed it in the back seat. "Come on. I'm not a bad driver." Nina said. "Fine." Kagome said. Kagome got in, and made sure to put her seatbelt on. Nina rolled her eyes. "Gee, that you soo much for the vote of confidence." She got in, buckled up, and started the car.

Kagome was surprised; the ride there was actually fairly smooth. Kagome was spacing out when they came to a stop. She looked around, Nina was getting out of the car. "We walk from here." She said as she opened the back door and grabbed Kagome's bag. She closed the door as Kagome got out. She locked the door and handed Kagome her bag.

Kagome was looking at the stairs in front of her. "Please tell me we don't have to go up all those stairs." She said, turning to Nina.

Nina smiled again, wickedly. "Welcome to the beginning to your training." She said, as she started walking up the steps. Kagome groaned. `What did I get myself into?' she wondered to herself.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*

Here's an explanation for what a glaive is and what a pattern dance is.

A glaive is a four or five-foot staff, capped with an eighteen inch long, curved, metal blade.

A pattern dance is what someone can do with a glaive when there is no one who they can spar or practice with.

I got the idea from a book by Tamora Pierce. So, it's really her idea, I'm just barrowing it. ^-^

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*

Thanks to everyone who reviewed. I feel so loved. ^-^ Thank you.

From Media Miner

cutie_pie_2101_1012: Thank you. I agree, I hate algebra, but I think geometry is worst. Right now, I'll take numbers over triangles and shapes. Algebra 3/4 next year is going to suck. *looks around* could someone get her outta the corner, please? ^-^'

dr1: Thank you! *hugs dr1* ^-^

LilEvilPerson04: Thanks. Here's the next up-date. Like I said, right now, I'd rather have algebra than geometry, but if I had my way, I wouldn't have to take either at all. Math after middle or Jr. high school sucks. ^-^ Could someone help me get her outta the corner too please?

From Fan Fiction

Element Dragon(): Thank you! *glomps* ^-^hehe

wintersbloodtear: Here's the next up-date. ^-^

aqua angelz(): Thanks! ^-^ *big hug!*

DemonLady1: Is this soon enough? *grins* ^-^

Pheonix(): Thank you! *glomp*