Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Between Theft and Lawlessness ❯ Dedicated to "Timmy" ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I am distressed! My entire phone-line is gone! It has been for like two days! I'm losing my mind. I was right in the middle of making a website. Now it's floating out there un-finished. There is no telling when ya'll get to read this either. I am out of school and I'm soooooooooo bored. I've even used all the minutes on my cell-phone too.
 
Kurama's thoughts.
Youko's thoughts.
Hiei's telepathy.
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing to do with Yu Yu Hakusho or Outlaw Star. I don't even have a way to talk to anyone because I leave in the middle of nowhere. Whaa!
 
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo OoOo
 
“I'll be back before you know it, little guy, just don't forget me. I love you.”
 
-Tommy Dehart, his departing words to his two-year-old son
 
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo OoOo
 
Outlaw trudged through the halls of Sarayashiki High looking for her “tour guide.” True, the tour usually didn't include any of her classes, but it was still better than wandering aimlessly around.
 
She sighed as she searched the crowded hall for Yusuke, not finding anything.
 
Except for the head of bright red hair.
 
Gottcha.
 
“Shuichi! Shuichi, wait up!” The redhead turned to greet the half-android with a smile.
 
“Good morning Miss Outlaw,” he greeted while resuming walking with Outlaw tagging along beside him, “how may I help you?”
 
“You wouldn't know where Yusuke is, would you?” He grimaced ever so slightly, and Outlaw was sure that if she had been human she would have missed it.
 
Wonder what's wrong with him?
 
“I'm afraid not. Yusuke tends to skip most days, so I wouldn't look for him too long.”
 
“But he was suppose to be my tour guide! Now what am I going to do? I have the sense of direction of a gutted fish!”
 
He laughed and smiled down at her.
 
He was a beautiful smile.
 
Huh? Where'd that come from?
 
“If you'd like, I'm sure I could serve as your guide for the rest of the day. My sense of direction is a bit better than that of a gutted fish.”
 
She beamed up at him, before throwing herself into his arms and hugging him around the middle.
 
She wasn't expecting the unfamiliar warmth that fluttered in her stomach, but she ignored it all the same.
 
“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”
 
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
After a detour to the office to receive permission for Shuichi to act as Yusuke's stand-in, (another phrase that had caused a slight wince from the red-headed male) they began the tour.
 
From what she had heard of the infamous Shuichi Minamino, Outlaw had expected to go on an actual, well, tour.
 
So imagine her surprise when Shuichi led her to many of the same places Yusuke had.
 
Ending, yet again, with the roof.
 
They were both sitting on the edge, Outlaw with her feet dangling over the edge and Shuichi in much the same position, with the exception of one leg that was pulled up to his chest to serve as an arm and head rest. Unlike the gossip that Yusuke had passed onto to her during her visit with him, Shuichi and she were actually having an intelligent conversation, or debate as it were. And what were they debating on, you may ask? Why, the new style of thievery compared to the old style. But the truly odd thing about this was who was supporting which side. Outlaw had old school while Shuichi favored the newer style.
 
Go figure.
 
“I have to disagree. The newer way of doing things makes the art of thievery much easier. There's high tech equipment, computers, weaponry…”
 
“That may be true,” she argued, “but with all those conveniences came much tougher security systems. Alarms, those same weapons used against you, smoke screens, attack-on-command devices, self-destruction timers…”
 
“That is a valid point, but you must consider-”
 
But Outlaw never found out what she had to consider, for the lunch bell cut off his sentence.
 
Pity, I was really enjoying myself too.
 
Shuichi straightened up and held out his hand.
 
“Would you like to continue this after lunch?” She smiled and grasped his hand, allowing him to pull her to her feet.
 
Really, simply having his hand clasped around hers shouldn't cause that knot in her stomach. Right?
 
“Love to.”
 
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Outlaw glanced around the lunch room in search of the familiar faces of the ones she had eaten lunch with the previous two days while Shuichi was still in line getting his lunch.
 
There!
 
Kuwabara and Keiko had already found a table near the back of the room.
 
As she made her way back, she realized that Shuichi still hadn't left the line. That was odd, he'd been right behind her… She figured he'd probably just been held up and continued on her way.
 
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
 
Kurama was very pleased with his day thus far. Not only had he gotten to spend time with Outlaw, he had come to an important decision 9or would you call it an understanding?) with Yoko in the early hours of the morning.
 
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoFlashbackoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo Oo
 
It had been the second time that he had woken in Outlaw's bed, with her lithe body cuddled against him, and he found that, when he wasn't worried over the implications of such a thing, it was a very pleasant way to greet the day.
 
You awake, Red?
 
Isn't this a bit early for you, Yoko? What's wrong?
 
Nothing's “wrong.” I just think it's time we had a talk.
 
About?
 
The Roman Circus. Outlaw, of course!
 
In other words you're going to try to get me to give my consent to fuck her and leave her. It's not going to happen Yoko. She's too… wonderful a person to do that to.
 
Watch it, Red, Yoko growled out, You insult me by suggesting I would do such a thing to her. I could never hurt her like that!
 
Nani? I thought that was the whole point of this mess.
 
We doneed someone for our heat, but that's not why I - and by “I,” I mean “we” - want her.
 
Are you saying what I thi- I mean, hope you're saying?
 
I want to keep her.
 
Kurama hadn't been able to hold in the mental victory shout, at which the older kitsune rolled his “eyes” at, but the grin on his “face” had ruined the effect.
 
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo OoOo
 
Unfortunately for the kitsune avatar, his musing had been just the opportunity April needed.
 
April Rose* was a particular, ah, devastated fan girl. She was a pretty thing, with bleach blonde hair and startling azure sapphire eyes, but you can't judge a book by its cover.
 
She quickly linked her arm though his and plastered herself to his side.
 
“Hello there, Minamino-san,” April purred, “There's a seat at my table today. I keep it open just for you.”
 
“T appreciate the gesture, Rose-san,” Kurama stated smoothly, “but I am responsible for a new student. So, if you'll excuse me…”
 
“It's just like you to help out! You're just so sweet! Maybe next time then,” she gushed.
 
“Maybe.”
 
He finally detangled himself and made for the exit.
 
That was close.
 
Tell me about it.
 
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo OoOo
 
Outlaw was sure she had walked into an official danger zone.
 
So where was the warning sign?!
 
Keiko was ranting about Yusuke missing school and going into vivid detail about what she was going to do to him when he “dared to show his skipping face again.” Frankly, the image of Yusuke being reprimanded by the sweet-little Keiko was just a tad amusing.
 
Yet, she had to ponder the question of whether or not she would warn Yusuke about his rampaging girlfriend. He had abandoned her in a school she had no idea how to navigate, after all.
 
But, that abandonment had led to Shuichi taking his place, which she had enjoyed verymuch. She had obviously found the redhead attractive (she had eyes after all), but she hadn't let that affect her.
 
Yet today she had felt, odd in his presence. Not a bad odd, it felt like a warm tightness in her stomach. Hmmm…
 
What this all boiled down to, she supposed, was that she might just be interested in Shuichi Minamino as more than a friend.
 
…And that she wouldn't warn Yusuke because it meant more fun for her.
 
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo OoOo
 
As the lunch hour progressed, Outlaw was beginning to notice that Shuichi might be interested in her the way she was him.
 
It was sweet, really, the way he flirted with her.
 
She frowned slightly. If that's what he's doing, that is.
 
It very well be in his nature to be this nice and polite with everyone, or at least, every girl. (She really couldn't judge that since the only other girl at the table was on a mad rampage.)
 
I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope Yusuke doesn't show up tomorrow either.
 
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo OoOo
 
A/N: *This character is based on a real person from my life, except for the whole “pretty” part. Lamo!
 
As some of you may know, I work in the Guidance Office of my school as an “office-assistant” for a half an hour every morning. I had some free time and decided to work on this story for ya'll. I'm seriously considering dedicating my spare time during this block to working on this story. If I do, that should mean faster updates for a few months.
 
To all the victims of Hurricane Katrina, I feel deeply for your lost and my prayers are with you.
 
A special shout-out to Tommy Dehart, my best friend's (whom I affectingly call my femur) father who was sent to New Orleans for relief work tonight. He had been told this morning to pack his bags. He will be working underground to restore some of the underground power sources. He was told he would be gone at least two months. May you be safe, and may you return to us soon. We love you, “Timmy.”